• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shiki Granbell: Lifting Strength inclusion in character profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering why Shiki's lifting strength was assigned unknown in his profile.He had quite decent feats like lifting a space ship and a huge Metal Box.It might be true that it is nowhere near what he can do but he does have some lifting strength feats.Like how he performed a Multi City Block Level feat in the first chapter without even exerting himself which proves that he's much stronger in his base and is enormously stronger in his Full Ether Mode. That's out of topic but can someone calculate Shiki's lifting strength feats?

Page-5:https://manganelo.com/chapter/jp917635/chapter_4

Page-13:https://manganelo.com/chapter/jp917635/chapter_9

I think it mostly because of Shiki's ability to manipulate the gravity of things he touch. Even in the first scan you post, he mention he makes things lighter than usual, like he did with the spaceship.

How much lighter is he making the objects? And by result, how much is he actually physically lifting? I feel like it hard to accurately calculate him lifting something if he is just using his power to make the object very light and thus easier to lift

KobsterHope07 said:
I think it mostly because of Shiki's ability to manipulate the gravity of things he touch. Even in the first scan you post, he mention he makes things lighter than usual, like he did with the spaceship.

How much lighter is he making the objects? And by result, how much is he actually physically lifting? I feel like it hard to accurately calculate him lifting something if he is just using his power to make the object very light and thus easier to lift
But wasn't Naruto given a Class Z lifting strength via six paths chibaku tensei which comes under gravity manipulation? What Shiki does is manipulating the Gravitational Force acting on the object to lift it.That still makes him being able to lift that certain mass no matter what the weight is.

Hmmm, perhaps I'm the one misunderstanding. I thought you were trying to scale the feats to Shiki's raw physically lifting strength. While Shiki's regular lifting strength w/o his Ether Gear will remain Unknown, w/ the Ether Gear however, he could scales to the feats above I suppose

KobsterHope07 said:
Hmmm, perhaps I'm the one misunderstanding. I thought you were trying to scale the feats to Shiki's raw physically lifting strength. While Shiki's regular lifting strength w/o his Ether Gear will remain Unknown, w/ the Ether Gear however, he could scales to the feats above I suppose
Oh ok yeah fair enough.I should've been more specific, Shiki with Ether Gear that is then.We will likely never see any physical lifting strength feats even though we might see Planet or Star class lifting feats.

Not sure if Lifting Strength would apply in this case either way. Unlike most other gravity users, Shiki isn't lifting objects with his gravity powers. He just changes the property of an object to make it lighter or heavier, meaning that all he does is make an object very light.

Captain Torch said:
Not sure if Lifting Strength would apply in this case either way. Unlike most other gravity users, Shiki isn't lifting objects with his gravity powers. He just changes the property of an object to make it lighter or heavier, meaning that all he does is make an object very light.
He manipulates the gravitational force acting on the object, he does not change or even affect the properties of an object.The Mass remains the same and he decreases the weight of the object to lift it. What he's doing is ultimately manipulating gravity to lift it just like everyone else but he has to touch an object while the majority who have gravity manipulation don't. If we consider otherwise, he would have zero lifting strength feats even when he gets strong enough to move planets casually someday.

Hmm, fair point. Didn't look at it from that perspective. I suppose this should be fine then.

I'll calc a few feats sometime later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back