• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shao Kahn faces HONOR! JUSTICE! REINHARDT REINHARDT REINHARDT! (2/7/0)

Reinhardt, Higher LS and higher AP, although I could be convinced judging by Shao Kahn's abilities.

I didn't notice that, I guess I vote Shao, but Reinhardt could win via incapacitation.
Yeah its an... interesting case

I should note Rein, like Shao, actually does tend to use LS to attack, albeit in his case it's shoulder tackles and putting his LS behind hammer swings

TK and portal creation mean 2 things respectivaly:
  1. thanks to the rule of "You need to apply your LS to somehow to scape Shao could incapacitate Reinhardt by lifiting him in the air... trough just came to me, simply using his charge should be able to let him break out, trough could also trow Reinhardt upwards tolet him go if he is pinning Shao into the ground or just start to hit both of them around the walls non stop untill Reinhardt let go of him
  2. Saho Kahn can scape beingh holded in place by using portals, like making a portal bellow Reinhardt or fall into one if pinned down
Voting Shao, he has almost all advantages and can actually countes somewhat our hero main wincon, rough I would say It's not impossible for him to win against Shao in a actuall fight sinse in meele combat Reinhardt should have the longer reach sinse his hammer is much bigger and his shield would help a lot to aproch against Shao ranged atacks, LS also mean he can somewhat powertrough Shao atacks Knockback letting him get more hits, but Shao superior skill, versatile moveset and slightly higher AP should give him the win most of the times, not even talking about his debuffing moves

voting Shao Kahn

Guess what Shao hasn't used even when in bad spots of being pinned in one way or another?

Being pinned. Both Kotal and Kitana did it and Shao never used a portal to break out, even when the ladder preparing to KILL him

I should also note that Shao doesn't really use skill specifically in combat(considering Rein has a skill section and Shao doesn't), he's much more of a brute force brawler type like Reinhardt

Guess what Shao hasn't used even when in bad spots of being pinned in one way or another?

Being pinned. Both Kotal and Kitana did it and Shao never used a portal to break out, even when the ladder preparing to KILL him

I should also note that Shao doesn't really use skill specifically in combat(considering Rein has a skill section and Shao doesn't), he's much more of a brute force brawler type like Reinhardt
Meh, okay fair enough the first part, trough I would say skill is still a important factor here, maybe the better eord would be experience? I would say both, a bit more experience

I will keep my vote

Meh, okay fair enough the first part, trough I would say skill is still a important factor here, maybe the better eord would be experience? I would say both, a bit more experience

I will keep my vote
I mean being experienced doesn't really help when it's two experienced sluggers going at it lol

Shao Kahn has two High 8-C keys, which one is being used?
SBA say the higher one, so second key
Shao Kahn in base
Read.
I argue the oposite, especially with the amout of projectile bullshit Shao can trow, even sending his hammer around the world to hit his oponent from behind
And yet, he did none of that against Kotal, another slugger lol

I am feeling dumber than i normally am lmao

Anyway, Shao Kahn likely wins due to being stronger, does Reinhardt has something to counter it?
Better LS, which is hilarious

So both have an advantage they rely on in combat while the other just has the other one

Shao has literally never thrown a Ranged attack on-screen in either MK9 or MK11 bro lmfao

Key: Base | Amped with Souls
Again as I said, he may havent done that on screen but we can't say what he does in fight during gameplay is not considerable

Forget It, I was beingh dumb
Anyway, Shao Kahn likely wins due to being stronger, does Reinhardt has something to counter it?
Better range with their meele weapons and LS

Wait, I just remenberd that Reinhard hammer swings actually push his oponents around quite a bit, Shao will not be able to reliable stand up thanks to that small meele combat advantage and much higher LS

Changing my vote to rocket hammer time

Outside of gameplay, cutscenes are the best representation of the up front IC for a fight tho
Meh, I alread changed my mind anyway, His hammer trowing Shao around like a ragdoll + beingh able to overpower the knockback Of Shao atacks and the range makes that Reinhardt will 90% just play pingpong with Shao body with him beingh almost unable to actually counter

I guess his wincondition is ranged atack apam but not even in gameplay he spam It that much and Reinhardt beingh able to just push trough the projectiles also make this more unrealiable

Reinhard wins this low diff

Rushing in for physicals yeah
So whoever lands the first punch already starts with an advantage, and with equalized speed it becomes even more difficult to think who would be the one to land the punch, in any case, Shao Kahn power could damage Reinhardt to a detrimental degree more than him could damage Shao Kahn

So i think Shao Kahn win this (although this fight is very close), what you think?

So whoever lands the first punch already starts with an advantage
Not really, Reinhardt superior LS means he canpower trough any of Shao Kahn atacks(not be trowed away by It's knockback or pushed) to explain this in a easier way, It's basically super armour he would still take the damage as normal but would not stop It's action for beingh hitted

Not to mention (for what? the third time I mention?) Reinhardt hammer is considerable longer then any of Shao meele atacks so he alread will be the ones hitting more oftem here

I vote Reinhardt for far superior lifting strength and being in a higher weight class. He has better melee range and better environmental destruction to pummel Shao Kahn better. His size is a good advantage here in this martial arts focused battle.

Not really, Reinhardt superior LS means he canpower trough any of Shao Kahn atacks(not be trowed away by It's knockback or pushed) to explain this in a easier way, It's basically super armour he would still take the damage as normal but would not stop It's action for beingh hitted

Not to mention (for what? the third time I mention?) Reinhardt hammer is considerable longer then any of Shao meele atacks so he alread will be the ones hitting more oftem here
What i thinked is: Shao Khan couldn´t trow Reinhardt away, but he could give more damage to Reinhardt than Reinhardt can give to him, so, even with Shao Kahn probably giving less attacks due to the range difference, he could compensate this with his AP advantage

He could also try to use his telekinesis

What i thinked is: Shao Khan couldn´t trow Reinhardt away, but he could give more damage to Reinhardt than Reinhardt can give to him, so, even with Shao Kahn probably giving less attacks due to the range difference, he could compensate this with his AP advantage
The ap diference is literally only 1.2 times of diference, this isn't enough to make that much of a diference
He could also try to use his telekinesis
As said before, out of character and Reinhardt could just use his dash do scape sinse uses a jet turbine on his back to do It

Ngl I'm leaning towards Shao here. Shao holds a large experience and skill advantage, having won 10 consecutive Mortal Kombat tournaments and having ruled outworld for a millennium. While SK has less range with his hammer his agility should be more than enough to avoid Reinhardt's blows. SK can use his SI to apply debuffs Reinhardt by taunting such as decreasing his AP or making him more vulnerable to damage. Also while the AP difference is minor Shao still holds a slight advantage which can aid him in using his more damaging moves such as X-rays or even finishing the fight with Brutalities.

Ngl I'm leaning towards Shao here. Shao holds a large experience and skill advantage, having won 10 consecutive Mortal Kombat tournaments and having ruled outworld for a millennium. While SK has less range with his hammer his agility should be more than enough to avoid Reinhardt's blows. SK can use his SI to apply debuffs Reinhardt by taunting such as decreasing his AP or making him more vulnerable to damage. Also while the AP difference is minor Shao still holds a slight advantage which can aid him in using his more damaging moves such as X-rays or even finishing the fight with Brutalities.
Any tipe of combo relly a lot in trowing the oponent around with atacks, Reinhardth can ignore the knockback with his superior LS

I'm also going to note that Ridicule decreases an opponent's damage by 50% and Humiliate buffs his damage by 25% as seen here.

I'm pretty just because someone has higher LS doesn't mean they're immune to knockback from anyone with a lower LS.
Never said that, I said that If You have higher LS You can push Your body harder them the oponent atacks can trow You
I'm also going to note that Ridicule decreases an opponent's damage by 50% and Humiliate buffs his damage by 25% as seen here.
As mentioned above... all of this is in gameplay and in actuall combat cutscenes Shao just go to the oponent and tries to crush them without much thinking

Back