• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blanka vs Reptile

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Shao Kahn is trying to invade another Earthrealm, but he still needs to abite to the rules of Mortal Kombat. But since he doesn't play fair, he plans to assassin the fighters of this world before the beginning of the tournament. Learning that one of them lives in the jungle, he sends Reptile, thinking he is the most suited for a job in such location.

• Speed is equalized
  • Starting distance is 10 meters
  • The battle takes place in the Inland Jungle
  • Reptile considerably backscales to an unknown degree to 0.086 tons, while Blanka scales to 0.04 tons

Blanka:

Reptile: 7 (EliminatorVenom, Ecstasy Amphetamine, XSOULOFCINDERX, Knifeman29, Gohan?_You're_still_alive?, Peppersalt43, Vizer04)

Inconclusive:

f1f3e9e59cd7ba97ecfe6d10c67d0589.png
91787-warrior-fighter-carnivoran-tekken-iv-ii-street.png

Last edited:
Blanka scales to 0.04 tons, and Reptile severely downscales from 0.08

Hm... Let's see then, eh?

AP: I'd be betting on Blanka, tbh. Reptile severely downscales from a feat that is exactly twice as much as Blanka's yield, and considering that said downscaling is, indeed, quite significant, at best they'd stand on similar terms, otherwise I'd be inclined to bet on Blanka. In any case, they both have calws and fangs to help even out the AP differences, but they both have some ways of improving their AP: Both have attacks that hit harder and can do enhanced moves that do more damage, Blanka can use electricity, Reptile can use acid. Overall, I say that Blanka has the AP advantage, but both have ways to circumvent that, at least partially.

LS: Reptile has the outright better LS, and not only that, but his smaller frame relative to his greater strength makes it a bit harder for Blanka to grab him. However, while Reptile does have the advantage here in most scenarios, I don't think a victorythrough submission would be viable, because of Blanka's electrical shocks.

Toughness/Stamina: I'd give this to Reptile simply because the average MK fighter goes through much more punishment and serious wounds than the average Street Fighter character. Otherwise, they'd be relatively equal.

Speed/Agility: Oho, now this is interesting. Y'see, from a purely feats standpoint, Reptile is the unquestionable superior here. His surface scaling is nuts, and the way he manages to move in even harsh situations is just astounding. However, in a fight, at least not in cutscenes, Blanka uses and abuses his acrobatics way more than Reptile does, to the point of near inanity, and his straight momentum is far greater than Reptile's. So while the advantage here is probably to Reptile, in practical terms, I wouldn't rule Blanka out.

Skill: This is hard to measure... I mean, I feel tempted to give the edge to Reptile, but that's just because he has more screentime than Blanka and has more statements about his skill than Blanka does. They seem pretty close in general, but Reptile has renown as an assassin and Shao Kahn has commented at least once about Reptile's assassination prowess, treating him with respect. Again, not that much to go by, but it's still a thing. Yet, what little we have seen from Blanka's statements on skill also do seem indicate that he is quite capable, being used to spar to some powerhouses with considerable skill. This is either a tie or a slight advantage to Reptile.

Powers & Abilities: Hmmm... Reptile has a much greater array of abilities, and he does seem to use them well. His adhesive slime and acid in particular are great, and he has way more options than Blanka does to any given situation. His aura can passively damage Blanka and can boost his perception quite significantly. However, Blanka's ES are superior to Reptile's, and Reptile's invisibility, perhaps even stealth should be pretty much negged by him. While Reptile has more options, the ones that Blanka does have make him more dangerous in a straight-up slugfest, such as the crumpling mechanic. He can also have some very interesting methods of moving around with Lightning Mole.

Conclusion: Overall, I'm leaning towards Reptile, with high difficulties. I think that his greater array of powers and LS to keep Blanka at bay will be what'll save the day, and should be enough to grant him a victory over Blanka's superiority in a straight-up slugfest.

AP: I'd be betting on Blanka, tbh. Reptile severely downscales from a feat that is exactly twice as much as Blanka's yield, and considering that said downscaling is, indeed, quite significant, at best they'd stand on similar terms, otherwise I'd be inclined to bet on Blanka. In any case, they both have calws and fangs to help even out the AP differences, but they both have some ways of improving their AP: Both have attacks that hit harder and can do enhanced moves that do more damage, Blanka can use electricity, Reptile can use acid. Overall, I say that Blanka has the AP advantage, but both have ways to circumvent that, at least partially.
I just want to add that Reptile downscaling doesn't mean that he is significantly weaker than most MK characters. They aren't invulnerable to his attacks, nor do they shrug them off easily, plus most characters put some effort in blocking or parrying Reptile's attacks so that they don't get harmed. Case in point Reptile vs Takeda in MKX.

There's no denying that he's a jobber, but his poor W-L record just shows how incompetent he is as a fighter rather than his so-called poor strength and power. He's just as capable as killing anyone on his level, just that he ends up losing in every fight he gets into.

Don't forget to take the location into account!
Do you think that would have a major impact on the fight?

Not a fan of Reptile until they give him justice, but I'll try to answer that.

I'd say Blanka might have a home advantage in the jungle if he has feats of statements of exploiting his natural environment during battle, but Reptile has a keen sense of smell that helps him detect others that are out of sight. He can smell others who are a few meters away from them while in a snowy forest (not sure if that changes anything but it's important to note) so I'm not sure if Blanka has anything to do about that.

Blanka spent the majority of his life in the jungle and climbed up the food chain, and one of his super (the first one listed) allows him to use the environment a little, though it's nothing exceptional.

Also, I'm not sure if you have already cast your vote or not

I just want to add that Reptile downscaling doesn't mean that he is significantly weaker than most MK characters. They aren't invulnerable to his attacks, nor do they shrug them off easily, plus most characters put some effort in blocking or parrying Reptile's attacks so that they don't get harmed. Case in point Reptile vs Takeda in MKX.

There's no denying that he's a jobber, but his poor W-L record just shows how incompetent he is as a fighter rather than his so-called poor strength and power. He's just as capable as killing anyone on his level, just that he ends up losing in every fight he gets into.
That's actually a very fair point.

In any case, that would just make me even more willing to give Reptile the W here.

Sadly for Blanka, Reptile has proven himself a much tougher lizard than anything he had ever hunted before.
Now, Blanka's remainings float in a puddle of acid and blood, while a rather badly beaten Reptile walks back to his master Shao Kahn, being able to finally claim a victory after so much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back