• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shantae (1) vs Esdeath (7) (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schnee One said:
Explosions aren't great at hitting vitals in a fictional sense, they are blunt Area of Effect attacks that lack piercing damage.
She can sense danger so that's probably enough.
Uhh...thats not how explosions work though.

She can't sense danger, she can sense murderous intent

Going "Not how it works" without giving any reason is not going to get you anywhere a debate

An explosion isn't some piercing energy that stabs you everywhere in the body, it is based on area of affect and and explosion, what you're saying is like me being able to survive by throats getting slit because I can survive the shockwave of an explosion.

Explosions to kill someone is murderous intent

Schnee One said:
Going "Not how it works" without giving any reason is not going to get you anywhere a debate
An explosion isn't some piercing energy that stabs you everywhere in the body, it is based on area of affect and and explosion, what you're saying is like me being able to survive by throats getting slit because I can survive the shockwave of an explosion.

Explosions to kill someone is murderous intent
Its not like the action of doing the dance is goig to clue Esdeath into what will happen. A general sense that Shantae is doing something yeah, but she's gonna try and stop her and given Shantae will likely have a bubble up she has to go to CQC to do that and she'll get herself nice and close to Shantae right as Shantae activates the explosion.

She has no way to sense that the attack specifically is going to be a huge explosion.

Then what? Esdeath is severely hurt and knows Shantae can dance and cause explosions, all that does is make a Esdeath more wary.

The explosion isn't strong enough to one shot Esdeath for the reasons I already gave.

Schnee One said:
Then what? Esdeath is severely hurt and knows Shantae can dance and cause explosions, all that does is make a Esdeath more wary.
The explosion isn't strong enough to one shot Esdeath for the reasons I already gave.
It will not be a thing Shantae starts with given its magic usage. By the time she uses it she will have done enough damage that it'll be enough.

How? What else can she do to get Past Esdeaths time Stop? She doesnt have many attacks that don't have a travel time and given she's player dependent she can lead with practically anything?

Yeah, she's player dependent for the most part so we assume she leads with everything at her disposal.

She has no way to get past or counter Makahadoma, but I argue it won't get to that point in their battle. Esdeath's character makes her not use it unless she is in a moment where where she can see an attack is going to hit/harm her is unavoidable. An instantenous huge explosion after a self prolonged battle will be something that comes too quickly to activate Makahadoma.

The explosion will not kill Esdeath for the reasons I already gave, besides Esdeath is slightly stronger AP wise.

Schnee One said:
The explosion will not kill Esdeath for the reasons I already gave, besides Esdeath is slightly stronger AP wise.
You got proof? got any links to back that claim? Also Shantae can amp her attacks by 2x with monster milk/super monster milk

This value is only an approximation, and the actual gap can be higher or lower depending on certain factors. As such, it should not be assumed that a gap of 7.5x will lead to a one-shot in every single situation without exception.

Shantae doesnt need it to be a One Shot. It can at the end of a fight after much accumulated damage.

Would also like to point out that magic tiara is going to remove that magic limit. She has been stabbed before by several enemies. I mean Risky outright mainly uses a sword.

DatOneWeeb said:
Would also like to point out that magic tiara is going to remove that magic limit. She has been stabbed before by several enemies. I mean Risky outright mainly uses a sword.
Didnt bring that up since I felt it'd would derail discussion Given it's devisive traits and how exactly it works given its ingame mechanics.

And how will Esdeath accumulate damage? Will Shantae dance again to make her explode again? Which Esdeath now knows that she needs to time Stop and kill her immediately to bypass this?

Schnee One said:
And how will Esdeath accumulate damage? Will Shantae dance again to make her explode again? Which Esdeath now knows that she needs to time Stop and kill her immediately to bypass this?
From Shantae's other attacks/abilities?

I really don't understand what is the counter here.

Esdeath is a ******, not an idiot. She's a genius fighter first, a ****** second. If she's in danger and knows it, she won't hesitate to use Mahapadma. Dangerous attack she can't do much about, Mahapadma. Sticky and dangerous situation turning worse, Mahapadma. There's nothing to be a ****** about if she's dead and can't have any fun forever.

And the problem here is that Shantae has nothing that won't do anything more than hurt Esdeath some and make her much more inclined to Mahapadma. All the while Esdeath remains a super adaptable genius combatant that will quickly analyze Shantae's abilities with every new move that doesn't out her down.

The thing here is by the point it would be used Shantae will have probably activated Invulnerability and with her equipment its going to last a LONG time.

If Esdeath notices that she can't harm her, she isn't time Stopping until after it's over or until she's pushed to the brink.

Can Shantae do literally anything while the bubble is up?

And the bubble itself really matters little, if at all, because we would need to assume Shantae would defend herself just when Esdeath is using time stop.

A time stop she has no clue Esdeath can use.

Problem with that is it won't run out with her magic tiara. Shantae can still use her abilities while in her bubble.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Can Shantae do literally anything while the bubble is up?
And the bubble itself really matters little, if at all, because we would need to assume Shantae would defend herself just when Esdeath is using time stop.

A time stop she has no clue Esdeath can use.
Yes, Shantae can do literally everything in her repetoire while its up.

True but I think Shantae would use the magic well before Esdeath gets to the point that she'd feel neccessary to use Makahadoma.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Is keeping it up indefinitely something she would actually do or has done?
I mean yeah, she has no reason to really undo it given the situation she has plenty f ways to keep her magic from depleting to low levels given her potions, bracelet to double the amount, and her tiara to effectively make it never run out.

If she's player controlled, then I don't see it. You are pretty much telling me what you would be most likely to do as her, not what she would do.

I remain skeptical.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
If she's player controlled, then I don't see it. You are pretty much telling me what you would be most likely to do as her, not what she would do.
I remain skeptical.
I mean...this is how a lot of videogame characters go on here. Otherwise characters like Mario would go like "Wahoo Jump jump" and thats it. Their aren't really any cutscences to work with like an anime character which has the benefit of having ALL of their stuff shown through the medium of an animated story with plot. There's nothing that contradicts what I said anyway.

That's... not really true. What Mario does in a platformer that is mainly limited to the scheme of what he can do in a platformer has no bearing on him. Especially since we do have lore on him and he appears in games with much more different playstyles where his goal isn't just some castle at the end of the map.

Shantae though only has what happened in games that follow a similar format and whatever happened in lore.

And there's no need of contradiction, because is just something we don't know if she'll do and there's nothing indicating she would besides your belief she wouldn't be so dumb as to not do it.

Well going purely by games, you never NEED to get any of her magic or stuff, its all optional. Purely just going through the game, Shantae just hair whips. But thats selling her incredibly short given what has access to.

Your argument is based on the fact that Shantae's game dont actively show Shantae showing her using stuff that not every player is going to go out and buy from the shop. (Dont ask how she buys the ability to make fireballs) They dont get shown cause they are optional. It'd be like including Poppi QTpie in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in story cutscenes, she cant appear main cutscenes cause she is optional but she is still absolutely considered part of Poppi's arsenal of abilities.

I am not saying she wouldn't use it no, I am just doubtful she'd start with it fast enough or that she'd just keep it on and never turn it off after she activates it.

If we decide to assume she is smart enough to realize she has no need to turn it down, we would just assume she uses it the instant the match starts.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I am not saying she wouldn't use it no, I am just doubtful she'd start with it fast enough or that she'd just keep it on and never turn it off after she activates it.
If we decide to assume she is smart enough to realize she has no need to turn it down, we would just assume she uses it the instant the match starts.
I mean given her equipment, its not gonna deplete her magic enough that she'd neeed to turn it off to conserve her magic. At least given this fight isnt going to long enough for that to happen. And hell Im not even of the group that agrees the Tiara gives her infinite magic. So some would say it would NEVER run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back