• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shadow Plague vs. SCP-008

Plagues do not spread over a day. It takes place over several years, I know that much. So again, you need to source it reaching millions in a single day like you previously said.

PsychoWarper said:
Wait does it start fully evolved as it does have a late game ability that simply being in a country it infects millions.
It starts with a single fully evolved vampire.

No. SP spreads through pretty much any normal ways, including through air transmission via the vampire releasing clouds of said disease.

Then SP wins as it has an ability where if you enter a country for even a second or two millions are infected.

I see, I guess SP will maybe spread faster than.

Does not change the fact that 008 can also infect the vampires, and cannot be killed unless they can amass a high tech civilization. Even once they learn how to 100% destroy said prions, 008 will remain in the enviornment dormant, perhaps in an obscure barn under some hay. Perhaps in a sewer corner. This is how real prions function.

An extinction event comes along and wipes away life on Earth as we know it, maybe a meteor. 008 will still survive due to still being present in the enviornment. SP will die out.

PsychoWarper said:
Then SP wins as it has an ability where if you enter a country for even a second or two millions are infected.
I have still yet to see a source for this. Just show me the ability.

Enviromental reasons like that are counted as inconclusive, and the zombie's really wouldn't get outside of new york with how much we already know about them.

No it is not inconclusive. SP would die from an exctinction event. It's a living virus. 008 will not die, it is not alive in the first place.

ProfessorLord said:
No it is not inconclusive. SP would die from an exctinction event. It's a living virus. 008 will not die, it is not alive in the first place.
There was a discussion thread that disagreed with you.

Consensuss was reached that the enemy dying to the planet being destroyed by nature is not an a cceptable victory condition.

The ability description implies that you have multiple vampires already, not just a single one. That would only create a few hundred depending on optimal weather conditions.

The other vampires would need to progress and level up in order to use that level 5 skill. So not millions in a day.

You know what, believe what you want.

You say its not a prion because of a standard message that apears in all plagues, you say that radiation and heat can't destroy them despite the fact that its the stadard procedure to do so even if no one was infected yet (political or military action which may result in the facility being dismantled or a power failure don't mean that anyone was infected in any way), you say that the ******* planet would be destroyed, making the prion win.

So fine, think what you will

Just a reminder to everyone, SP starts unevolved, check the OP.

Also, I'm not a big expert on disease, but 008 would be ridiculously easy to quarentine or contain once it is noticed (which will be VERY fast given how fast symptoms kick in) especially considering its only transferable via salvia.

SP on the other hand has a very large incubation period and has shown consistently that it is able to take over and enslave humanity.

I feel like you're giving 008 too much credit for being incurable. Getting quarentined the moment symptoms start is a very clear route to a loss. Diseases have shown to be far more successful when then can go unnoticed for long periods of time, which SP is entirely capable of.

But it doesn't have an unevolved key... Still, it can reevolve rather fast, especialy with the zombies taking the attention.

if the humans in the harder modes couldn't notice it, no, I'll say it isn't easy.

It's not easily to contain 008. The foundation only has because they are the foundation, able to contain even 682. It was only ever implied they have had 008 in a contained state.

We have yet to contain real prion diseases such as mad cow disease. The most we've done is seperate it from our foodchain, and even then there are still reported cases of it in cows. It's still dormant in the enviornment and we can't do anything about that.

I mean, an unevoled key would be superfluous, and just saying unevolved for a matchup against other diseases seems fine to me.

SP can be noticed, yes, but it can be far more sucessful that a prion that shows drastic symptoms and kills in days, but only spreads via saliva.

Eh, I guess.

That was my piont tough? I said that it could keep itself unnoticed from humans that are pretty much more paranoid than sane about it.

"The foundation only contains it because they are the Foundation"

"They have only ever contained 008 in it's contained state"

That's severe NLF. We've never seen 008 out of containment, so we take what it can do at face value.

Mad Cow Disease spread through food. This spreads through only saliva, and MCD has a crazy long incubation period.

Because you are assuming 008 is superior to SP at spreading and killing humanity purely based on the fact that it's contained by the foundation, and because we haven't seen it out of containment.

Also, "BSE has a long incubation period, of 2.5 to 5 years, usually affecting adult cattle at a peak age onset of four to five years."

008 kills in days. It'll get noticed and quarantined before it can even spread.

I did not make that assumption. That was to imply that 008 was only ever described in a contained state, we don't know how it came into the foundations possession.

We have not contained Mad Cow Disease. This is a fact. How is humanity now suddenly able to easily contain 008?

So 008 begins to spread a little, the government steps in and murders the zombies. They do some tissue samples and they realize it is a prion disease. It is a little too late at this point, the enviornment has already had its chance to begin spreading the prions naturally. Even then, they cannot do much but release a PSA on how to avoid being infected, if they find that out. Suppose that they do manage to contain 100% somehow, it's still dormant. They can't exactly do much but keep it away from the public. Eventually, in the far future, an extinction event or some other political uprising will see it released.

If they ever find SP, on the other hand, they can actually research on how to fight back and kill the disease. If they do get overcome by the vampires, so be it. The vampires are still at a standstill.

The SP took over a much more competent world than ours...

And again, you think that heat and readiation can't destroy them (which I still don't understand why they would do instead of normal bombs if it didn't work, as it makes containing it harder afterwards).

ProfessorLord said:
I did not make that assumption. That was to imply that 008 was only ever described in a contained state, we don't know how it came into the foundations possession.
We have not contained Mad Cow Disease. This is a fact. How is humanity now suddenly able to easily contain 008?
And it would be fallacious to assume how it would act outside of containment in any other way than how it has acted under normal conditions.

Because it's symptoms start so early, and because of how it spreads in humans.

I don't know if you understand this, but incubation is very important for a disease to be successful. That's why MCD was so deadly, you couldn't see it coming for years, which allowed it to spread for so long.

The moment someone who gets 008 starts feeling symptoms, they would go to a hospital, get tested, and get quarantined, after which they would turn and die. The disease would end there, and doctors would just have a bunch of prion samples to test on. (The fact that this starts in America, one of the more well-off countries in the world, just helps this even more)

ProfessorLord said:
the enviornment has already had its chance to begin spreading the prions naturally.
That would be true, if 008 didn't only spread through saliva. Saliva is a poor vector, and it's highly unlikely that it would spread to a bunch of other people before symptoms started kicking in.

On the other hand SP has consistently shown to spread across a version of humanity far more competent than our own. 008 on the other hand, has no such feats, and you shouldn't tack them on because it's simply a prion.

@Ricsi as with all nukes, it depends entirely on how far away it is, however I don't think Prions would be affected purely on the radiation. That said, humans aren't getting anywhere near the blast area for a good while.

The heat would if it is too close.

Back