• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shadow Plague vs. SCP-008

Where was it stated they can't?

They can't cure someone already infected, but that isn't a problem for the shadow pleague.

What?

The shadow plegue has the specific mental capability of people capable of making cures to prions, so I am asking where was it stated that the SCP foundation has no way to get rid of them beyond scp-500

It's on the profile, the SCP description is used. They describe it as incurable.

I'd like to see the shadow plague vampires curing the prions, please. Screenshot? Otherwise I do not believe that is true.

I mean, the fact that they believe that inciniration and irradiation could help in case they couldn't contain it seems to disagree with that

Seems like a formality. Incineration, while possible, is largely ineffective and borderline useless. The foundation already has it 100% contained, too. Since they have it all contained, they likely have the funds to just blast a continious flamethrower until everything is carbonized.

In this fight, 008 will not start as contained samples. It'd start as a zombie, walking around the environment.

ProfessorLord said:
It's on the profile, the SCP description is used. They describe it as incurable.
I'd like to see the shadow plague vampires curing the prions, please. Screenshot? Otherwise I do not believe that is true.
Like other prions, it is incredibly difficult to cure doesn't sound like much harder to cure than other prions

Prions are one of the many things you can use to end humanity in-game.

You can ,ake yourself a prion before starting to kill all of humanity, and it merely slows down the cure. In-fact, zombie's can be cured too in-verse, extremly easily too.

Also, how would 008 spread beyond america? Its effects are rather obvious, and humans aren't idiotic.

The game from where the shadow plague comes from has prions in it.

The prions can be cured by scientists.

The shadow plague is smarther than those scientist, by virtue of the same one's becoming vampires and getting centuries worth of experience.

008 would be unable to spread beyond america by virtue of them being either dead by the plegues hand or the airports being shut down.

The plague can on the other hand infect the rest of humanity and find a cure.

ProfessorLord said:
Can you source where a prion disease has been cured? In Plague Inc?
Yes, in plegue inc, as I said already.

The vampire is as smart as the people who cured it too

You want me to download a pay to play game for a goddamn screenshot?

Do you not have google? Did I not give you a link to the freacking thing on its wiki?

Seriously, google prion plegue inc and you'll see there is one.

If you cannot source these claims, you cannot make them. I don't see it on any profile. I have not played the game so I am not able to say.

You have not linked anything.

I have already searched it up, I have not found anything.

I found the Plague Inc Wikia on Prion.

Unfortunately, it does not help your argument. In the game, it says that Prion DNA can be detected. This is not true, prion's do not have DNA. This suggests they do not function the same as they do in the real world, or other verses. They also cannot be inherited in the game, but are able to do so in the real world.

I am inclined to say that since they differ from how they function in real life, curing them in the game does not mean they can cure them in the real world.

As the wikia itself says, it was likely overlooked, as that is a standard notification for every plague, and it reflects prions in other ways, such as decresed infectivity, affecting the brain, being harder (impossible in easy mode unless you genuinly don't do anything for decades) to cure, etc.

It's an actively updated game. I do not believe this is overlooked, I believe the developers are happy with the way it is and do not wish to change it, especially if they are aware of the wiki.

I believe there is enough evidence to suggest they function differently.

Not many programers go on wikis to see theri gamers.

And by that logic the SCP foundation finds radiation fire a great way to deal with it, so it works here too

The quarantine period for operatives leaving the facility is four months. If a breach has occurred, incineration and irradiation measures shall be deployed. It should be the policy of all G2 sites to not prepare an evacuation procedure.

The plegue can litiraly nuke the place.

Yes but the SCP foundation has 008 in a contained state. It's only ever implied that they have had them in such a state. Furthermore they have borderline magical means to contain the supernatural.

But where is it implied they cant destroy the prions?

The litiral guidelines say to not destroy SCPs, with very few exeptions being allowed

ProfessorLord said:
Because of how prions function in the real world...?
The SCP foundation has a procedure where they incenerate and irradiate the base with the prions in case they get free.

If that didn't kill them, they wouldn't bother.

Thing is, they have a procedure that takes care of them, and the plefue can replicate it.

Like I said, likely a formality. They do that to every dangerous SCP that manages to breach. They also have access to SCP's and technology 100x more advanced then what we have. It's not farfetched that they can destroy them, but the vampires cannot.

Formality? Destroying a base out of formailty?

They don't put every SCP that breaches containment on fire or irradiate them. In fact, this isn't even for the breach, this is to stop the breach, not only after it.

They litiraly do this in-case they plan to dismantle the place the prions are at, if this wouldn't kill them, what is the point?

They haven't stated they CAN destroy 008, only that they can contain them.

Nuking their facility is something they do in most successful escape attempts for SCP's that can cause a significant amount of damage. That's what I mean by formality.

It doesn't say the plan is going to destroy the prions, only that is what they are going to do. This suggests that it may be effective, but they likely cannot confirm if it will destroy 008. The benefits of blowing up the infected building including instantly destroying every zombie. From there, even if the virus is not destroyed, they can pretty easily contain it now.

But they don't nuke here. They just burn and radiate them, far different from actual nuke's.

What? They have multiple SCP-008 prions, and can multiplicate them? You think that they would leave it up to fate? And again, they would do this even with zero infected as long as they plan to dismantle the place

Actualy, what is the argument for 008 to win again?

It can't realistcly get outside of america, the SP wouldn't allow it, and they have a self suficient society.

You're taking it out of context. They said they would only employ burning and radiation tacticts in the event of military or political interference/objection. It's not to destroy 008, it's to prevent any investigation. They are preventing interference.

No, they said they would only do it in case of a breach. I find it hard that contained samples will somehow walk out of the facility. They are obviously refering to the zombies that the virus produces.

SBA does not mean SP starts with a fully advanced society, stop wanking. It means 008 starts as a zombie, and SP starts as Dracula.

ProfessorLord said:
SBA does not mean SP starts with a fully advanced society, stop wanking. It means 008 starts as a zombie, and SP starts as Dracula.
Yes, and?

It can get itself millions of minions in a day tops, and until then humanity is inteligent enough to counter a zombie apocalypse well enough

PsychoWarper said:
If I remember correctly SP takes time to become an advanced society.
while fully evolved it needs a day or two before amassing millions, and a week at most is enough to get all of humanity.

The only problem tends to be getting enoug DNA points to actually spread

You're going to need to source that SP can reach millions in terms of infectivity in a day.

Humanity is going to focus on the bigger threat, the intelligent vampires. They will wipe them out and the virus will go with them. They will wipe 008 out too, but the virus will not die out since it is not alive in the first place.

ProfessorLord said:
You're going to need to source that SP can reach millions in terms of infectivity in a day.
Humanity is going to focus on the bigger threat, the intelligent vampires. They will wipe them out and the virus will go with them. They will wipe 008 out too, but the virus will not die out since it is not alive in the first place.
It's litiraly what it, and every single plague does. You amass points, and once you have enough you spread exponentaly faster.

No, because the vampire has stealth, and the only way to win is employ it.

Wait does it start fully evolved as it does have a late game ability that simply being in a country it infects millions.

Back