• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(VOTES NEEDED) Prion vs Prion. (Mad Cow Disease (Plague Inc.) vs SCP-008)

Last edited:
Based on what I can tell...

Mad Cow Disease has real-life inspiration from... Well, Mad Cow Disease, which is caused by a prion that in humans causes variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. SCP-008 is, well.... Just that. By the looks of things, this would swiftly become a fight between the prions themselves rather than the infected.

Between the two of them, Mad Cow Disease is mainly transmitted through eating infected food (meat and plants) while SCP-008 is transmitted through mucous membranes (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mucous_membrane ) and bodily functions. While it is highly unlikely that anyone would resort to throwing poop or taking a wee on someone during a fight, as lips are mucous membranes it seems, it's easier for SCP-008 to infect its opponent's vessel than it is for Mad Cow Disease to infect SCP-008's vessel.

Speaking of the vessels, Mad Cow Disease makes their vessels weaker while SCP-008 makes their vessels stronger, so it's pretty clear who is getting the first attack. However, given both vessels are zombielike, the first attack is inevitably going to be the bite, and the moment SCP-008 decides to eat Mad Cow Disease's flesh, they'll infect each other.

Here's the thing. Prions are just misfolded proteins. Mad Cow Disease can warp the molecular structure of proteins into copies of itself. Because of this, Mad Cow Disease's vessel is effectively vaccinated against SCP-008 while SCP-008's vessel has no defense against Mad Cow Disease's prions. Because of this, Mad Cow Disease will take the fight right to SCP-008 and slowly convert SCP-008 into itself. Eventually, both vessels will become Mad Cow Disease prions.

All and all, this fight goes to Mad Cow Disease through what is effectively a suicide move on SCP-008's end.

Edit: I just reread the conditions, but the scenario posted still applies as background as to how the battle would go.

Based on what I can tell...

Mad Cow Disease has real-life inspiration from... Well, Mad Cow Disease, which is caused by a prion that in humans causes variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. SCP-008 is, well.... Just that. By the looks of things, this would swiftly become a fight between the prions themselves rather than the infected.

Between the two of them, Mad Cow Disease is mainly transmitted through eating infected food (meat and plants) while SCP-008 is transmitted through mucous membranes (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mucous_membrane ) and bodily functions. While it is highly unlikely that anyone would resort to throwing poop or taking a wee on someone during a fight, as lips are mucous membranes it seems, it's easier for SCP-008 to infect its opponent's vessel than it is for Mad Cow Disease to infect SCP-008's vessel.

Speaking of the vessels, Mad Cow Disease makes their vessels weaker while SCP-008 makes their vessels stronger, so it's pretty clear who is getting the first attack. However, given both vessels are zombielike, the first attack is inevitably going to be the bite, and the moment SCP-008 decides to eat Mad Cow Disease's flesh, they'll infect each other.

Here's the thing. Prions are just misfolded proteins. Mad Cow Disease can warp the molecular structure of proteins into copies of itself. Because of this, Mad Cow Disease's vessel is effectively vaccinated against SCP-008 while SCP-008's vessel has no defense against Mad Cow Disease's prions. Because of this, Mad Cow Disease will take the fight right to SCP-008 and slowly convert SCP-008 into itself. Eventually, both vessels will become Mad Cow Disease prions.

All and all, this fight goes to Mad Cow Disease through what is effectively a suicide move on SCP-008's end.

Edit: I just reread the conditions, but the scenario posted still applies as background as to how the battle would go.
So that a vote for the Mooo Prion? Can't the vessel of 008 push MCD into the volcano as a wincon?

bump.
It wouldn't be a prion if it didn't.
Question, in this case, would it be a stomp since 008 transmits significantly quicker than the McDonalds prion & would overwhelm the latter via limited transmutation? Would changing the set up to this make the present conditions more fair?:

"Battle takes place in an athlete fully infected with MJD, 008 has only recently infected the athlete. 10-C keys only"

bump.

Question, in this case, would it be a stomp since 008 transmits significantly quicker than the McDonalds prion & would overwhelm the latter via limited transmutation? Would changing the set up to this make the present conditions more fair?:

"Battle takes place in an athlete fully infected with MJD, 008 has only recently infected the athlete. 10-C keys only"
what are you even talking about? thanks to the nature of the mad cow diseas It alread resist the SCP and can make It produce more Mad cow deaseas instead of It self as Flashlight said

The win condition of the SCP would be not eat the animal, but thanks to It's IC tatics would be unlikle, It isn't a stomp but a very creative and interesting fight. Voting mad cow deaseas and I have no idea what you where tring to say there

what are you even talking about? thanks to the nature of the mad cow diseas It alread resist the SCP and can make It produce more Mad cow deaseas instead of It self as Flashlight said

The win condition of the SCP would be not eat the animal, but thanks to It's IC tatics would be unlikle, It isn't a stomp but a very creative and interesting fight. Voting mad cow deaseas and I have no idea what you where tring to say there
Both opponents are prions, which naturally turn other proteins into prions of themselves.

The diference is that the Mad cow deases alread has some resistence to prions like It self
Here's the thing. Prions are just misfolded proteins. Mad Cow Disease can warp the molecular structure of proteins into copies of itself. Because of this, Mad Cow Disease's vessel is effectively vaccinated against SCP-008 while SCP-008's vessel has no defense against Mad Cow Disease's prions
In other words, one resiste the virus, the other don't

The diference is that the Mad cow deases alread has some resistence to prions like It self

In other words, one resiste the virus, the other don't
Viruses different than prions, the former is DNA in some capsid while the latter is a warped protein particle.

I'll count votes if I have time.

Wait so is the scenario about two currently unzombified athletes fighting, two zombies fighting, two athletes strolling past one another and getting each other infected, or something else entirely?

So does the SCP prion have any means off defending itself from the MCD prion? Can it also warp the shape of proteins or cause denaturization or something?

In that case, it's probably up to H3110 if this fight takes place just as the Athlete gets infected with both at the same time or from the same source, or something. Like a sandwich that has infected meat, but an employee coughed on the bread.

Lol, even in tthis cenario they both would be in a stailmate turning each other on them self untill enough time pass for MCD give the human the resistence to prions

I mean, I didn't know how to make this fair at first & I intended MJD's prion vs 008 infected.

I'll swithc the keys later

Back