• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The danmaku in the video shows that it only aims in one direction primarily. Shadow can get around these limitations and just teleport somewhere else, the danmaku can sure as hell follow him but he can again teleport somewhere else when it tries to trail him. And trust us, Shadow is quite a spammer with his tp. Not only that her danmaku seems to run on short bursts, so even that isn't unlimited.

It's not that short a burst, it lasts for 15 seconds, I counted and it doesn't "primarily fire in one direction", the camera angle only shows you the ones being shot at the characters, but you can see all the ones coming out the back and sides when she fires it.

Even with his Timestop, he wouldn't be able to do enough damage to Blue to kill/poof her so I don't think it'll help that much.

Sonic and shadow definitely have wincons yeah but whatwas silver's? I dont remember him having dura negation stuff.

Unless he gets her in the first one he likley couldn't do it again, it seems like it has a cooldown and if he gets hit once or twice, he's dead.

CinnabarManx421 said:
It's not that short a burst, it lasts for 15 seconds, I counted and it doesn't "primarily fire in one direction", the camera angle only shows you the ones being shot at the characters, but you can see all the ones coming out the back and sides when she fires it.

Even with his Timestop, he wouldn't be able to do enough damage to Blue to kill/poof her so I don't think it'll help that much.
15 seconds is a pretty short time not even a minute long. But that is subjective to how we percieve it. On the otherhand the clip right after that contradicts this by not shooting at the waters.

@MYHERO Well, you also don't see Blue standing there or her ship in the air when they're supposed to be so you could call that inconsistent animation.

@Shadow The cooldown on his timestop. He appeared to have a cooldown on it in the clip you showed.

Also on these forms, they only last for a few moments and only activate when he's either full of pure thoughts or full of evil thoughts so I don't think they're applicable, as we have no way of knowing if he'd be full of either of those at any time.

Fair point with the inconsistency.

But weren't you the same person that argued about game mechanics when Wokistan brought up weak Points?

A timer on a form isn't = to an obvious video game weakspot. Their super forms have timers too, but we see that outside of games as well.

They might be different but they are both game mechanics, they should still be treated as such. As for the Super forms having timers, that has been already debunked.

Worst case Shadow can just activate another time stop.

"Don't think they're applicable."

Why wouldn't they be when his goal is to defeat his opponent here?

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Worst case Shadow can just activate another time stop.
"Don't think they're applicable."

Why wouldn't they be when his goal is to defeat his opponent here?
Why would he just randomly fill with either positive or negative thoughts?

Also, that just reminded me, it's not on her profile yet (were working on it in revisions.) but Blue has a huge Arm Ship that she can control remotely and is likely more powerful than her that she can use to either blast/smack shadow with.

Hans0l013123897 said:
Tumblr vs DeviantArt! (Jk)
I must say, if Shadow can time stop, wouldnt he just win?
It only lasts for 10 seconds and he can't do enough damage to hurt her in that time, plus it has a cooldown.

Oh really? That also reminds me that the Sonic cast needs to have a feat evaluated to get the base forms into 5-B.

MYHERO said:
Because he is engaged in combat with a person that can kill him. Why wouldn't that invoke negative thoughts?
Again, where does he do this in battle though? If it's ooc, then it can't be applied.

Again, where does he do this in battle though? If it's ooc, then it can't be applied.

In the entirety of Shadow the Hedgehog. Anyone's I'm gonna stop talking for now, it feels like I'm advocating for Shadow's side a bit too much.

Yes, here's a pic for you:
Bluediamondship
That was more of a retort, I didn't doubt you for a second.

Either way, it kinda seems like his dark form is worse than his Hero form imo, as it grants him, "a more powerful chaos blast" without saying how MUCH more powerful. So it could either be 10,000x more powerful or only 1% more powerful, we don't seem to know.

Actually no, it can only be considered game mechanics if he isn't shown to be able to spam it in other places, like a cutscene. So unless he can spam it outside the actual gameplay, then it's not game mechanics.

In other games it will last until the gauge runs out. It's longer than 10 seconds in Shadow the Hedgehog.

I also mentioned that Shadow could just start another time stop if the first one doesn't do it.

Ok, but that's still a time limit and he still doesn't have the power to kill Blue during that.

Again, unless he can do that outside of regular gameplay, then he can't do it.

Back