• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Seven Soldiers Zatanna Upgrade/Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordTracer

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
In Zatanna's Seven Soldiers key, she is noted as having defeated Zor, who has contended with The Spectre. As The Spectre is straight 2-C now, Seven Soldiers Zatanna should also just be 2-C. Her speed in that key should likely be Massively FTL+, because she's kept up with Zor, who could keep up with The Spectre.

First confrontation: Zor "battles" an inexperienced Jim Corrigan where he shows he can grow bigger since he has more experience. The most important thing was that he paralyzed Spectre with a machine that made a paralysis ray. Spectre won by trapping Zor in the same ray.

Second confrontation: Two issues later Zor comes into conflict with a still-inexperienced Jim Corrigan and "beats" him in a battle where they just threw some comets at each other. He makes an invisible wall Jim doesn't know how to get past. He asks the Voice for help and learns of ectobane, a substance Zor and his like are weak to.

Imo, scaling Zor to Spectre's real power level is kind of wonky. It might be better to just remove the reference from the justification. The Low 2-C is justified so the tiering doesn't have to be removed or anything.

Yes, that's definitely what he meant. Honestly those More Fun Comics issues where he originally encountered Zor were pretty embarrassing for him.

Ah... well, I guess Zatanna would just be Low 2-C then. Or maybe she could be adjusted from "At least Low 2-C, likely 2-C" to "Low 2-C, possibly 2-C" as an inexperienced Jim Corrigan could still be 2-C, but it's not 100% assured that he is.

@POTM

Would you be willing to adjust the Zatanna page?

Okay. I will unlock it. Tell me here when you are done.

A minor thing you missed, her tier page still says "At least Low 2-C, likely 2-C" instead of "Low 2-C, possibly 2-C."

Actually wait, shouldn't her lifting strength be immeasurable? The lifting strength page does say Low 2-C and up gets immeasurable lifting strength.

It wasn't already made that way? That's weird. I'm unsure though, considering her power is completely magic. Ant can probably clarify when he gets back on later to close the thread.

I do not think that she was physically empowered to that level. She still seemed to be a glass cannon, similar to the Molecule Man or Haruhi Suzumiya. I do not think that immeasurable strength seems warranted at all.

However, should her regular combat speed really just be peak human? It seems like she should scale somewhat from the Bat-family.

Okay. I will unlock the page again. Would you be willing to edit it?

Okay. Thank you for the help. Feel free to send me a message if you wish to improve it further at some point.

Should we close this thread?

Yes, the main purpose of it has been completed, I think it can be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back