• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics - Atrocitus Rework and Upgrade (Post-Crisis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Lanterns like John Stewart, 4-B is a peak since he could only briefly make a solar system construct before his ring capped out.

Okay. So should we use "High 4-C normally; 4-B via overexertion" for them?

Well, the hosts to the full emotional entities should obviously scale much higher.

Tier 2 Atrocitus seems fine due to his Variable power mechanism and since it doesn’t scale to anyone.

On an unrelated note, I’m fairly certain the handful of GL Anti-Feats mentioned here wouldn’t hold up if we gathered all their feats, but that’s not the topic I suppose

The problem is that they aren't anti-feats, they are their absolute peak feats.

I believe we should settle Tiering in a different thread so at least the abilities portion can be added to the profile right now.

Okay. To avoid misunderstandings, it has to be clearly clarified within his page that he canonically grows enormously stronger when fighting beings driven by enormous rage though.
Well, it's already stated in the veries portion of his AP there's already a scan of Atrocitus stating that the growing rage in Mera was not only empowering her but also him. So Red Lanterns canonically gain power from the rage that builds with them and those around them. I have added that when in the presence of beings with immense rage such as the The Spectre and The Butcher, Atrocitus became powerful enough to contend with them.

So no one should try and scale anyone to Atrocitus at his peak empowered state unless they csn prove he was amplified with enough rage which would be impossible unless the exact same entities (or those with similar rage levels) were in his presence when they fought him.

Oh? Then point out feats of his (or other Green Lanterns) that reach such a scale without powerscaling from other characters that the writers have to let him beat to avoid bad ends to their stories?
Hal Jordan is a superhero mate, you don't expect a hero to go bursting up universes. Hero's are logically scaled to characters they face/fought...it's how it's mostly been in any franchise.
Most MCs scale the villians they fight same with Hal Jordan who's a superhero.

I won't derail further.

I don't care about that but this has nothing show a limit on Atrocitus having a limit especially to wall level mate.

If we're gonna take the 3-C feat as a limit for the lanterns, then Atrocitus should be wall level
Them going all out then destroying a galaxy doesn't mean destroying a galaxy is their limit, otherwise you have take into account the times they went all out and destroyed like a wall or something
Again, the problem is that it is their absolutely greatest explicit raw power display in the Post-Crisis or Post-Flashpoint continuities that I know of, and that the story was written by Geoff Johnns, the writer who has by far most defined the Green Lantern Corps in modern times, and possibly ever.

As such, I am not using their lowest feats to scale from, but rather their greatest explicit ones.

Well, it's already stated in the veries portion of his AP there's already a scan of Atrocitus stating that the growing rage in Mera was not only empowering her but also him. So Red Lanterns canonically gain power from the rage that builds with them and those around them. I have added that when in the presence of beings with immense rage such as the The Spectre and The Butcher, Atrocitus became powerful enough to contend with them.

So no one should try and scale anyone to Atrocitus at his peak empowered state unless they csn prove he was amplified with enough rage which would be impossible unless the exact same entities (or those with similar rage levels) were in his presence when they fought him.
Anyway, I suppose that this is probably fine then, in lack of better options.

Should be better if we added his intel
as he made first red lantern in a
completed wasteland remote planet
by himself its even more impressive
than even made energy absorbed rod ?

That seems useful to mention as well, yes.

Should be better if we added his intel
as he made first red lantern in a
completed wasteland remote planet
by himself its even more impressive
than even made energy absorbed rod ?
Added.

Should the profile's name be changed to Atrocitus (Post-Crisis)? Since that's what the profile was covering.

This still hasn't been added.

Okay. It is fine if what has been accepted here is applied then.

Sorry for the late response but I've been working non stop this entire week.

I've applied the accepted additions to the character. This should be fine to close now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back