• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You say that yet this thread has unanimous support from 6 staff members and has been accepted by 2 CGM. So, no it is not controversial at all. We are talking about updating an accepted calc, using GPE in the same manner we use for any GPE calc. Stop crafting a false narrative around this.

If they're not going to make an appearance here, big whoop, 2 CGM accepted it, move on.
You might want to watch your tone here.

Better yet, don't revive a toxic conversation that ended hours ago.

Also, who are you to tell others what to do?
Just like you addressing me here when no one was talking to you? Practice what you preach. And I wouldnt call recommending someone to stop being snarky "telling them what to do". It's common sense.

But whatever. I assumed the issue before still remained, so that I will say sorry for.

But whatever. I assumed the issue before still remained, so that I will say sorry for.
No worries!

I'll bump the answer to damage's question before it gets lost.
So I rewatched the scene and what they say is this "Gravity is pulling the World of Living and Soul Society on a collision course." The Japanese say "現世と尸魂界には引力が所持融合はじめました" which translates to "Living World and Soul Society possess a gravitational pull that has started combining them." Both translations, mine and the official, are pretty consistent. Basically, all the sentence is saying is that gravity is keeping them on a collision course, nothing about the gravity spontaneously being created out of nowhere.

To answer your question of "why doesn't gravity always pull them together", before Senna nukes within the Dangai she mentions how the barrier will only restore it's strength after she moves the dimensions back together. AKA usually the barrier keeps their gravity from moving them on a collision course, but because the Kyogoku displaced the dimensions this is no longer the case. Therefore, Senna has to move the dimensions against their gravitational pull until they're put back where they belong before they can reach an equilibrium of sorts and the barrier can function.

Edit: Sorry this took so long transcribing Japanese by listening is so much more of a pain than reading it off a panel lmao.

@DontTalkDT @Executor_N0 @Mr._Bambu @Ugarik @Wokistan

Since this is a controversial revision, would you be willing to evaluate the following calculation blog, and tell us here afterwards, please?

As usual, I haven't read the thread and only looked at that calculation.

A few things: Assuming everything else works, I think that calculation makes a mistake with distance. For GPE the distance between the center of mass of the two things needs to be used. I think the calc forgot that, meaning that the distances are one universal diameter to short.

Next, I don't think we should scale from that map. If those are universes, as the calc assumes, the map is a projection of something going on in 4D space into 2D. And... well, you know how in real life all world maps are kinda distorted? Like, in the common ones Greenland seems way too big relative to Africa and stuff? Doing the same thing, but with more dimensions, doesn't make it better. The scientists of Soul Society might be able to read those maps and get information from them, but I'm rather sceptical that you can simply apply pixel scaling to it.

Third... this is like a 4D process, so we can't exactly just use normal 3D gravity. This would require 4D gravity to pull off, following different laws of physics. Don't think we can simply calculate that with PE. (And before anyone asks: No, 4D gravity, in this case, doesn't correspond to higher tiers by dimensional tiering stuff)

Assuming everything else works, I think that calculation makes a mistake with distance. For GPE the distance between the center of mass of the two things needs to be used. I think the calc forgot that, meaning that the distances are one universal diameter to short.
Good catch.

Next, I don't think we should scale from that map. If those are universes, as the calc assumes, the map is a projection of something going on in 4D space into 2D. And... well, you know how in real life all world maps are kinda distorted? Like, in the common ones Greenland seems way too big relative to Africa and stuff? Doing the same thing, but with more dimensions, doesn't make it better. The scientists of Soul Society might be able to read those maps and get information from them, but I'm rather sceptical that you can simply apply pixel scaling to it.
A) it's not 4D space
B) it's not a 2D map either, it's like a video, and later when we cut to within the Dangai itself we see the same image.

I guess this comes from a lack of understanding of the source material, but it is all false.

Last edited:
What map are you referring to here?

The thing being pixel scaled isn't a map, it's more like a camera observing the two dimensions being pulled together.

Thank you for helping out DontTalk. I appreciate it.

now, considering that 2 universes travel on dangai and it takes hours, and since dangai is a spacetime, shouldn't dangai be a uni+ level structure along with spacetime? this calculation can make senna 3D but dangai itself will be at least 2x 3A in size and shouldn't it be yhwach low 2C destroying it as it is a separate space-time continuum?

now, considering that 2 universes travel on dangai and it takes hours, and since dangai is a spacetime, shouldn't dangai be a uni+ level structure along with spacetime? this calculation can make senna 3D but dangai itself will be at least 2x 3A in size and shouldn't it be yhwach low 2C destroying it as it is a separate space-time continuum?
dont be adding new topics not related to the op

Cool your jets, this isn't the thread for this, for probably the billionth time, keep the talk unrelated to Senna's feat to 0. Some of y'all must mistake this for a God Tier CRT for Bleach, but no this is a calc thread, for a specific calc, that I linked in the OP. Everything else is beyond irrelevant.

Edit: ninja'd by cyber

Where did you get an infinite distance from?

Neither WoTL or SS are accepted as infinite
Dangai isn't ever called infinite. You must be mistaking it for the Garganta, but even then your comment makes no sense, finite objects can exist in an infinite space.
i thought they were two universal sized dimensions crashing into each other i did not know they are not considered infinite in size

What about his last point though?
Third... this is like a 4D process, so we can't exactly just use normal 3D gravity. This would require 4D gravity to pull off, following different laws of physics. Don't think we can simply calculate that with PE. (And before anyone asks: No, 4D gravity, in this case, doesn't correspond to higher tiers by dimensional tiering stuff)

A) it's not 4D space
B) it's not a 2D map either, it's like a video, and later when we cut to within the Dangai itself we see the same image.

I guess this comes from a lack of understanding of the source material, but it is all false.
A) How can it be two universes if it's not 4D space? If they are within the same (3D) space that would prove they are not separate universes. At least not within our usage of the term. Or do you mean that since it's spiritual stuff it's not actual space between them and you hence don't need an extra dimension or something?
B) A computer screen displays things in 2D. Videos usually are 2D images depicting 3D things.

I already updated the calc with the updated distances.
I think you are still a radius to short. you added 4.4e26, right? Should have been 2*4.4e26 = 8.8e26, I believe, as both the SS and WotL have one 4.4e26 radius to their center of mass.

A) How can it be two universes if it's not 4D space? If they are within the same (3D) space that would prove they are not separate universes. At least not within our usage of the term. Or do you mean that since it's spiritual stuff it's not actual space between them and you hence don't need an extra dimension or something?
B) A computer screen displays things in 2D. Videos usually are 2D images depicting 3D things.
A) WotL and SS aren't separate spacetimes. They occupy the same space just like two couches occupy the same room. I call them two universes because they’re universal (3-A) in size.
B) A very odd point but you wouldn't argue live footage of someone taking a video of the waves at the beach is "misproportioned" would you? Considering the spheres aren’t distorted there’s no reason to assume anything is improperly proportioned.

I think you are still a radius to short. you added 4.4e26, right? Should have been 2*4.4e26 = 8.8e26, I believe, as both the SS and WotL have one 4.4e26 radius to their center of mass.
Fuuuck, my mind is cracked today, thanks lol. Fixed.

Last edited:
A) WotL and SS aren't separate spacetimes. They occupy the same space just like two couches occupy the same room. I call them two universes because they’re universal (3-A) in size.
I thought the Dangai treated them as separate space times because of it being an isolated space-time itself between the worlds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back