• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been verified by Mitch and Damage, that's two CGM, we've proceeded plenty of times with just 1. It is a GPE calc, rather simple, the exact same as say the Six Paths CT calc, or literally any GPE calc.

It's been verified accurate, let's not kid ourselves.

but 2 calc members already accepted the calc, and the feat already was accepted before, the only thing that changed is the size of the realms that were updated, but the method is the same
No. There has been far too much controversy regarding this in the past to hastily rush through a revision in a few days. Sorry.

No. There has been far too much controversy regarding this in the past to hastily rush through a revision in a few days. Sorry.
You say that yet this thread has unanimous support from 6 staff members and has been accepted by 2 CGM. So, no it is not controversial at all. We are talking about updating an accepted calc, using GPE in the same manner we use for any GPE calc. Stop crafting a false narrative around this.

If they're not going to make an appearance here, big whoop, 2 CGM accepted it, move on.

If so, can I help send a message to wall another calc member to evaluate it? because I see calc member which is marked temporarily inactive.

I would appreciate a comment from DontTalkDT on it, just to verify the method is being used correctly for this scenario.

Would just make things easier.
I know I can't do anything about it because I'm not staff; however, if you look at my calc it uses the same method as your accepted SPCT calcs.

Two spheres with each of mass "m" going from r1 to r2, to quote you, "Potential Energy = |(G * M * m)/r1 - (G* M * m)/r2|". That is all the calc is.

I would appreciate a comment from DontTalkDT on it, just to verify the method is being used correctly for this scenario.

Would just make things easier.
Yes, we have to be carefull to not make a mistake given all of the past controversy surrounding massive Bleach upgrades.

The upgrade-hungry fans will have to show some patience, and not try to rush things. Accuracy is more important than as high statistics as possible. End of discussion. I do not want to have to repeat myself over and over.

Can't you see that it's you that's making this thread controversial?

The thread was tame as can be with unanimous agreement, several of your calc group members said it's fine, but nah, apparently we need the head math guy (DontTalkDT) to verify a method used all the time just because it's a Bleach calc, ridiculous.

Accuracy is more important than as high statistics as possible.
2 CGM accept it, it uses the same method as literally any other GPE calc involving massive sphere, there is no mistake.

There is no controversy either other than what you yourself generate. It is an update of an already used calc, it being higher does not warrant a big deal be made of it. Stop pretending that everything with Bleach "is controversial because it's Bleach".

Can't you see that it's you that's making this thread controversial?

The thread was tame as can be with unanimous agreement, several of your calc group members said it's fine, but nah, apparently we need the head math guy (DontTalkDT) to verify a method used all the time just because it's a Bleach calc, ridiculous.
I understand your feelings, but please don't antagonize the staff now

better to wait for more calc group members to verify this than rushing it and then having to come back to it if there was an issue, even if everyone is currently agreeing and no issue can be found
i agree with ant

Well DontTalk will eventually reply so why not exercise patience? its not that hard
We know that, that isn't our issue, our issue is having to jump through so many hurdles because it's Bleach.

Back when the calc yielded tier 5 results it was fine with a single CGM accepting it, but only now that it's tier 3 apparently DT must be involved. I even have talked with CGM in the past and they say it's customary for 1 to 2 CGM to accept a calc before moving on.

Not to mention the science in the calc is High School physics with GPE. This is all pointlessly being blown out of proportion as "controversial" when it isn't.

Nothing can be done about it, but understandably it's frustrating.

Edit: I'll message DT's wall if no one has already.

It is not a high requirement to wait for at least several days until we have made certain that everything is in order. It is not uncommon here with threads that take months to finish.

Being so upgrade-hungry that you cannot wait a few days and start to get agitated for such a small reason is not acceptable behaviour. Show some basic patience and wait for confirmations. I am extremely busy and very tired and cannot waste time on repeating myself over and over here.

Stop agitating over nothing and wait. It is basically a requirement here. I have had to wait for 5 years until some of the revisions that I wanted were applied.

I sent a PM to DontTalk so he can check.

We know that, that isn't our issue, our issue is having to jump through so many hurdles because it's Bleach.

Back when the calc yielded tier 5 results it was fine with a single CGM accepting it, but only now that it's tier 3 apparently DT must be involved. I even have talked with CGM in the past and they say it's customary for 1 to 2 CGM to accept a calc before moving on.

Not to mention the science in the calc is High School physics with GPE. This is all pointlessly being blown out of proportion as "controversial" when it isn't.

Nothing can be done about it, but understandably it's frustrating.

Edit: I'll message DT's wall if no one has already.
well HST upgrades are always bat shit crazy so something this huge especially a powercliff like this would be controversial i remembered the hate this wiki got for the last upgrade like this in january or so.

and then i can bet will soon have people ready to downgrade this and it is going to be shitstorm one way or another. but in the end let us wait, DT is fairly active here

I will wait for DT, but I have a few final things to say to Ant.

You say I cannot wait "a few days", yet this the thread has been dead for a few days. You say some threads take forever to conclude, yet I've seen recent Fairy Tail threads conclude within the same day due to unanimous staff support from less than 6 staff. However, I'll digress and wait regardless, I just find your criticisms of me quite unfounded in this scenario given how blatantly other activity on this wiki directly contradicts it.

I am not responsible for every single revision in this wiki. I can only try to help verify the ones that I am involved in, and the more controversial revisions need more scrutiny. That is all.

The issue isn't because is it is Bleach. Staff members and calc group members don't have some kind of vendetta against the series itself.

It's because the verse has had numerous controversial revisions in the past, and the fandom would likely react badly if it came out a week or a month later that the calc isn't actually applicable so everything has to be undone. If there was some kind of massive change to Dragon Ball that would change everyone from Tier 3 to Tier 5 for whatever hypothetical reason, you'd bet that wouldn't be put through in a hurry since that too would be a big change.

Better to be patient now and ensure that everything goes through smoothly.

The issue isn't because is it is Bleach. Staff members and calc group members don't have some kind of vendetta against the series itself.

It's because the verse has had numerous controversial revisions in the past, and the fandom would likely react badly if it came out a week or a month later that the calc isn't actually applicable so everything has to be undone. If there was some kind of massive change to Dragon Ball that would change everyone from Tier 3 to Tier 5 for whatever hypothetical reason, you'd bet that wouldn't be put through in a hurry since that too would be a big change.

its totally understandable that we need to be patient about it, however, at this point, why does even matter to call a lot of staff to evalute the ''validity'' of the feat if they don't even are expert in the verse? the best that can be made now is the calc be accepted, to check the ''validity'' of the feat, they would need to read the entire series and watch the movie, which I don't think that its a plausible reason to keep it for more time, the feat already is accepted in their profiles, which means that the validity of the feat already was evaluted before 😐 unless all the staff members will need to read all bleach series and watch the movie to check the validity again

I have thought about one potential issue that could affect the calc regardless of whether it was planets of Universes being calced. Just posting my thoughts here so they can be verified or addressed.

The basis of the calc as you said is:

Two spheres with each of mass "m" going from r1 to r2, to quote you, "Potential Energy = |(G * M * m)/r1 - (G* M * m)/r2|". That is all the calc is.

The initial distance is taken from the beginning of the movie, and the final distance between the two of them is taken from the end, and if I'm understanding rightly the calc is about the energy required through gravity to to bring the two dimensions together from their initial distance apart to their final distance apart.

But didn't gravity only start to attract the two dimensions together on a collision course when they were much closer together near the end of the film? Gravity wasn't what was pulling them together the entire time from the beginning of the movie.

Understood, my apologies for causing any offense if any.
No problem.

Agreed.
I'd be careless about this comment is antagonizing but like usual, the gatekeeping for HST upgrades is always hilarious.
That is not remotely what is motivating me. Drop the paranoid incendiary rhetorics.

Anyway, it is a massive waste of time and energy to keep spamming comments about nothing here. Just patiently wait for more input. Thank you.

Dragon ball fandom would cause a riot.

I have thought about one potential issue that could affect the calc regardless of whether it was planets of Universes being calced. Just posting my thoughts here so they can be verified or addressed.

The basis of the calc as you said is:

The initial distance is taken from the beginning of the movie, and the final distance between the two of them is taken from the end, and if I'm understanding rightly the calc is about the energy required through gravity to to bring the two dimensions together from their initial distance apart to their final distance apart.

But didn't gravity only start to attract the two dimensions together on a collision course when they were much closer together near the end of the film? Gravity wasn't what was pulling them together the entire time from the beginning of the movie.
No it was Kyogoku pulling them together + gravity, but when the Kyogoku stopped the gravitational attraction was so strong that the now gravity alone started to pull them together.

Sort of unrelated but using the explosion yield formula ([x/.28]^3/1000) for Senna’s explosion popped in my head. Because they occur within Dangai which has a breathable atmosphere like that of Earth (considering Ichigo and company can breath in the Dangai but not in space). But I don’t see an issue with using GPE so I hadn’t brought it up.

No it was Kyogoku pulling them together + gravity, but when the Kyogoku stopped the gravitational attraction was so strong that the now gravity alone started to pull them together.

Do you have a screenshot showing that it was the gravity of dimensions themselves pulling them together in combination with the Kyogoku, and not just the Kyogoku itself?

Sort of unrelated but using the explosion yield formula ([x/.28]^3/1000) for Senna’s explosion popped in my head. Because they occur within Dangai which has a breathable atmosphere like that of Earth (considering Ichigo and company can breath in the Dangai but not in space). But I don’t see an issue with using GPE so I hadn’t brought it up.

Wouldn't there be an issue with calculating that as a single explosion since it was mentioned to be several explosions?

Wouldn't there be an issue with calculating that as a single explosion since it was mentioned to be several explosions?
No I would just pixel scale each explosion and add them up.

Do you have a screenshot showing that it was the gravity of dimensions themselves pulling them together in combination with the Kyogoku, and not just the Kyogoku itself?
Gimme time to find it but yeah, currently with Senna's calc we just use the GPE at perihelion due to her explosion having to reverse the direction of the realms. ie currently we just go GMm/r, where r is closest approach.

2 universes are colliding, I don't know what you guys expect as a result of it, that it magically became planet level again? no matter how you look at it, the calc will always lead to those high results, it is common sense.

2 universes are colliding, I don't know what you guys expect as a result of it, that it magically became planet level again? no matter how you look at it, the calc will always lead to those high results, it is common sense.
Who are you talking to? This comment doesn't appear to be relevant to anything going on right now.

If you don't have anything useful to say then follow Antvasima's advice and just wait for input.

So I rewatched the scene and what they say is this "Gravity is pulling the World of Living and Soul Society on a collision course." The Japanese say "現世と尸魂界には引力が所持融合はじめました" which translates to "Living World and Soul Society possess a gravitational pull that has started combining them." Both translations, mine and the official, are pretty consistent. Basically, all the sentence is saying is that gravity is keeping them on a collision course, nothing about the gravity spontaneously being created out of nowhere.

To answer your question of "why doesn't gravity always pull them together", before Senna nukes within the Dangai she mentions how the barrier will only restore it's strength after she moves the dimensions back together. AKA usually the barrier keeps their gravity from moving them on a collision course, but because the Kyogoku displaced the dimensions this is no longer the case. Therefore, Senna has to move the dimensions against their gravitational pull until they're put back where they belong before they can reach an equilibrium of sorts and the barrier can function.

Edit: Sorry this took so long transcribing Japanese by listening is so much more of a pain than reading it off a panel lmao.

Last edited:
If there is a variable, there is a gravity of the Kyogoku space itself.

But Yamamoto said kido-canon would destroy of "300間" of space to save world, that is a very small amount of energy compared to the 3-B feat.
1間 means 1.82m.

If there is a variable, there is a gravity of the Kyogoku space itself.
Negligible compared to the realms themselves so this is irrelevant.

But Yamamoto said kido-canon would destroy of "300間" of space to save world, that is a very small amount of energy compared to the 3-B feat.
1間 means 1.82m.
No I don't think he does, give me the time stamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back