• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Self-evident intelligence revisions thread

Going by a recent staff forum discussion thread, we will likely get rid of intelligence ratings for fighting skills soon. 🙏

Question for this thread. Do you just go here to revise a character's intelligence rating? Like there is no need to make a CRT in Content Revision section as long as it isn't too complex? Or smth? I just noticed this place and unsure if I read Ant's first post in this thread right.

Question for this thread. Do you just go here to revise a character's intelligence rating? Like there is no need to make a CRT in Content Revision section as long as it isn't too complex? Or smth? I just noticed this place and unsure if I read Ant's first post in this thread right.
Basically yes. If the changes are pretty obvious and not extremely controversial. You can also use it to affirm what ranking a feat would get

Going by a recent staff forum discussion thread, we will likely get rid of intelligence ratings for fighting skills soon. 🙏
What about characters who explicitly are based on intelligence, like Shiro? That just eliminates most of their worth for being on the wiki, and it also makes intelligence-based fights like this a lot more difficult to debate without a proper line-up of feats. I think fighting skill would be a good optional addition to a profile, sort of like standard tactics is, rather than replacing intelligence outright 👀

What about characters who explicitly are based on intelligence, like Shiro? That just eliminates most of their worth for being on the wiki, and it also makes intelligence-based fights like this a lot more difficult to debate without a proper line-up of feats. I think fighting skill would be a good optional addition to a profile, sort of like standard tactics is, rather than replacing intelligence outright 👀
Shiro isn't a fighting skill based character. She's pure, calculative intelligence. While it does aid her in very specific combat scenarios, she is mostly meant to be extraordinarily good at "gaming." Also, the vsbw is more focused on just indexing superhuman fictional characters in general, rather than it being for the point of purely dexing their combative abilities for the purposes of vs debating.

Anyway, I still think this decision is ridiculous, lol. If you're gonna be an indexing and categorization wiki you should definitely index and categorize combative skills. That's pretty ******* important.

Shiro isn't a fighting skill based character. She's pure, calculative intelligence. While it does aid her in very specific combat scenarios, she is mostly meant to be extraordinarily good at "gaming." Also, the vsbw is more focused on just indexing superhuman fictional characters in general, rather than it being for the point of purely dexing their combative abilities for the purposes of vs debating.

Anyway, I still think this decision is ridiculous, lol. If you're gonna be an indexing and categorization wiki you should definitely index and categorize combative skills. That's pretty ******* important.
I misinterpreted what ant was saying, I though he meant we were replacing intelligence ratings for battle iq only, which made no sense to me lol, mb

I do agree with Phoenks on this though. There are tons of characters who perform particularly well in combat, and not indexing battle intelligence is like ignoring a whole part of their character 👀

I misinterpreted what ant was saying, I though he meant we were replacing intelligence ratings for battle iq only, which made no sense to me lol, mb

I do agree with Phoenks on this though. There are tons of characters who perform particularly well in combat, and not indexing battle intelligence is like ignoring a whole part of their character 👀
Yeah, again, we should be taking any character's intelligence, regardless of how said intelligence is applied, and analysing it as a whole (so not just focusing on how it can be used for fighting, but essentially what they are capable of with their intelligence in general, since overall intelligence can determine what a character is likely to do and be capable of, and not likely to do or be capable of, within various contexts).
Indeed, most military special force and commando units are often required to be well-versed in both combat skill and intelligence in various academic fields, and perhaps as a correlation, there are quite a few examples of people who are notable for both general intelligence and combat skill.

Please corroborate the following (the real life example sections/pages) with Wikipedia or other reputable valid and reliable/accurate and precise sources, and yes there will be quite a few familiar names:

I like skill debates and I think character skills are very important since there are a lot of fights that come down to skill, also I just got done making a massive revision, I don't want that shit to go to waste.

Yeah, gonna be honest it's gonna be a bit weird looking at characters like Luffy or Goky without the combat intelligence difference. Cause it's a built in distinction between them and trying to fuse it just feels cursed no matter which direction you put it in.

See here for further information:

DontTalk seems to have good arguments in this regard. 🙏

Back