• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sekizo 5 times speed multipler

Status
Not open for further replies.
>tfw none of the arguments were based on how gear shifting in cars work so it debunked literally nothing

Paul Frank said:
>tfw none of the arguments were based on how gear shifting in cars work so it debunked literally nothing
You mean apart from xulrev's comments about car gears? What? You guys have been arguing about how it is comparable to steps and gears and what not as per the dB and now that it actually coincides with my point it is suddenly not the point lmao.

It did. Did I not read anything that was said above?

@Sekkonds

He disagrees cause if what @Xul was sayin which was false due to fact he switched what Lee said to change it to something else

I think you all literally missed the actual point of the analogy, since it was not a legitimate mechanical engineering question, but rather one of simple self-evident logic that a Step up, while an actual amp in speed, does not have an explicit multiplier attached to it per any character statement.

I would eagerly endeavor yourselves to find a mechanical engineering answer to the clapping 15 times analogy, if you wish to go this route, however.

I would also further appreciate the actual evidence of anyone giving a specific claim of the multiplier. 6th request.

As stated multiple times the claim is in the quote the levels and their boost are given in the comment with 1 level being base speed and the 5 one being 5 times that as stated by Lee.

Why do U keep using "Step up" when Lee says "shifts" and "times"?! And we already told ya multiple times but it seems u have a problem with understanding something but I ask I try to answer my question since we all answered yours, 6th request

You do realize that the numbers differ from actual gears, correct?

Further where did Lee state that Step 5 is five times as fast as Step 1 I would appreciate this scan.

Xulrev said:
You do realize that the numbers differ from actual gears, correct?

Further where did Lee state that Step 5 is five times as fast as Step 1 I would appreciate this scan.
It is literally in the op. Shifted up in speed "from one" in other words starting at 1 up to 5 times. 5 times 1 is 5. 5 times the initial speed. Logic

RegisNex1232 said:
Don't think that the OP is valid given the lack of supporting evidence. It should br rejected IMO.
That is the evidence which is something very straightforward. That right there is literally everything

Xulrev said:
Mmhmm, he shifted up by what multiplier, precisely? Where did you get the numbers? I see none in any scans, regrettably.
By what multiplier? The damn number of shifts. With evidence being the 5 times said at the end for the final multiplier. Are you deliberately being obtuse?

The evidence states nothing about explicit multipliers unlike for example Goku's Kaioken increasing speed and power by a set amount. So I rewlly don't understand why some people keep insisting that there is supporting evidence when there isn't any.

RegisNex1232 said:
The evidence states nothing about explicit multipliers unlike for example Goku's Kaioken increasing speed and power by a set amount. So I rewlly don't understand why some people keep insisting that there is supporting evidence when there isn't any.
The evidence states the multiplier goes up to 5 times.

It says there are 5 different speeds the Sekizo can reach. No mentions of a 5x multiplier anywhere. Please, there is no meed to blatantly and intentionally try to mislead people to support an argument. I would like to think we are better than that.

RegisNex1232 said:
It says there are 5 different speeds the Sekizo can reach. No mentions of a 5x multiplier anywhere. Please, there is no meed to blatantly and intentionally try to mislead people to support an argument. I would like to think we are better than that.
I am not misleading anyone or else I would not have posted a scan of it. I am stating my interpretation of it. Lee states that it can be shifted up in speed from 1 being the base speed. Up to 5 times it is pretty dman blatant.

The evidence states there are 5 Steps, correct, so we are on the same page.

But again: where is an explicit number given for what multiplier each Step has?

Xulrev said:
The evidence states there are 5 Steps, correct, so we are on the same page.

But again: where is an explicit number given for what multiplier each Step has?
Actually the evidence states there are 5 shifts in speed. Starting from the base 1.

The fifth step is 5 times as such the other 4 are each their number of times. And only the first and fifth matter anyway.

Rocker1189 said:
I am not misleading anyone or else I would not have posted a scan of it. I am stating my interpretation of it. Lee states that it can be shifted up in speed from 1 being the base speed. Up to 5 times it is pretty dman blatant.
There is no mention of a multiplier anywhere, thus rendering your argument as nothing more than speculation. Pretending it isn't won't change the fact that this is still speculation.

RegisNex1232 said:
There is no mention of a multiplier anywhere, thus rendering your argument as nothing more than speculation. Pretending it isn't won't change the fact that this is still speculation.
Are you diberately ignoring the 1 to 5 times? Is that not a multiplier or am I somehow mistaken and just seeing things.

Damage3245 said:
Well, just to analyze the specific wording; it says that the speed is shifted up 1 to 5 times; meaning that it gets faster a number of times, not that it doubles in speed each time.
That's not the same thing as a 5 times multiplier to his base speed.

For example:

Base Speed -> First Step (1.2 x base speed) -> Second Step (1.4 x base speed), etc.

That's a shift up in speed, but not a multiplier.
Exactly this. It said its attack speed can be shifted up from one to five times. Any speed that is marginally above the base speed qualifies as a shift.

Read it as "its speed can be increased up to five times" not "its speed can be multiplied by a maximum factor of 5".

If that wasn't the case, why would Lee mention it can be increased from one to five? One isn't a multiplier.

You are, indeed, mistaken.

He can utilize a Step 1 to 5 times, since there are 5 Steps to Sekizo.

You are conflating this with 'he can amp his speed from 1 to 5 times'.

Hopefully this helps.

Exactly this. It said its attack speed can be shifted up from one to five times. Any speed that is marginally above the base speed qualifies as a shift.

Read it as "its speed can be increased up to five times" not "its speed can be multiplied by a maximum factor of 5".

If that wasn't the case, why would Lee mention it can be increased from one to five? One isn't a multiplier.

1 is the base speed and the first step. 5 times is 5 times 1. It is pretty simple.

Xulrev said:
You are, indeed, mistaken.

He can utilize a Step 1 to 5 times, since there are 5 Steps to Sekizo.

You are conflating this with 'he can amp his speed from 1 to 5 times'.

Hopefully this helps.
Yeah it helped me realized that you are the one mistaken. Yeah the first step is his simple base speed. And the fifth is 5 times faster. And the gear analogy helps to show that it is a multiple time boost not some negibible addition.

Exactly as Xulrev says, you all seem to be misinterpreting Steps to be a direct multiplier rather than an unknown increase as the text and manga suggests. This type of argumentation isn't accepted here, so why should this be any different?

Xulrev said:
If 1 is the base speed then why is Step 1 existent? It wouldn't be a step, it would be Base.
Step 1 is literally the first elephant leg. It is not just a speed boost it is an attack. As you know.

RegisNex1232 said:
Exactly as Xulrev says, you all seem to be misinterpreting Steps to be a direct multiplier rather than an unknown increase as the text and manga suggests. This type of argumentation isn't accepted here, so why should this be any different?
"This type of argumentation" what exactly do you mean by this?

Where people are presenting a theory that the evidence refutes or doesn't support, and act indignant and shocked when called out on it.

RegisNex1232 said:
Where people are presenting a theory that the evidence refutes or doesn't support, and act indignant and shocked when called out on it.
Sorry but if you thought that was meant to be an arguement then I don't know what to think. Especially when the first thing you did was accuse me if misleading people.

The manga states the same, Omimi. The user has between 1 and 5 steps of an unquantifiable speed amp.

Omimi said:
Xulrev said:
@Omimi
>There are *1 to 5 levels (steps, phases) of speed

That's direct from the Databook entry on Sekizo. So I'm very confused as to how you believe it to be false and unfounded? Perhaps you could explain your rationale better
why would u insert DB info in manga statement
they are not same

manga talk about shift up in speed but u remove that part and put takes a Step

u cant just pick a word from DB and put it in manga sentence however u feel like

this is just wrong and it change the whole meaning

and anyway lets just agree to disagree
@Xulrev

If you wish to agree to disagree you can simply not respond to me. You come off disingenous if you continue to do so, realistically, and it derails the thread further.

Xulrev said:
The manga states the same, Omimi. The user has between 1 and 5 steps of an unquantifiable speed amp.
The manga states nothing about steps. It calls it a continuous attack that builds up speed as it goes on up to five time starting from 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back