• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sekizo 5 times speed multipler

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rocker

That doesn't engage my point whatsoever, and is a vapid attempt at deflecting the point. No explicit multiplier has been given and none exists for Sekizo's steps. To continue this further without said proof is pointless and reaching.

Xulrev said:
@Rocker
That doesn't engage my point whatsoever, and is a vapid attempt at deflecting the point. No explicit multiplier has been given and none exists for Sekizo's steps. To continue this further without said proof is pointless and reaching.
It is strightup against your point, all you say is no given multipler when it is more of an addition than a multiplier.

No, the multiplier is in the number of steps since each 1 gives you a boost of 1 level. start from your base speed which is the first one and the final one is 5 times that.

@Rocker

Since you seem to not grasp this:

Please re-read this and provide proof

We did. Literally it's a multiplier saying "times" it's quite clear u refuse to even see that word and choose to take the other route. Not rocket science to know when someone says "times"

If I clap my hands in 15 consecutive motions, and someone claims I clapped my hands 15 times, are you honestly going to assert I clapped my hands at an amplified rate equivalent to 15 motions faster in a given timeframe faster than ordinary?

If you answer yes to that, then your upgrade is valid.

If you answer no as any honest rational actor should, you've arrived at my argument's point.

Xulrev said:
@BlackeJan

It says you can takes a Step 1 to 5 times. It does not say it amplifies 1 to 5 times over.
Then explain why was Guy getting faster with each "step" by what u said Guy would just be taking steps at the same lvl

Lee said "that can be shifted up in speed from 1-5 times" so don't know where ya getting "Step" from

@BlackeJan

I feel you didn't read any of my comments at all or chose to ignore when I said that they are indeed an amp, but an unquantifiable one wherein the user has the ability to take a Step five times.

I feel that u took what I've said and other said plenty of times to twist it into what u want to think so again read that's above from Lee said

He LITERALLY says 1-5 times so imma ask...r u ok?

It's obvious there's a distinct gulf in grasp of context and definition between us, so no umbrage is taken on my behalf from your puerile jab, BlackeJan.

I simply abide by what has been reiterated roughly a dozen times or so this thread so far, and stand by what the Staff thus far have agreed with.

Xulrev said:
@Rocker

Since you seem to not grasp this:
Please re-read this and provide proof

And you don't seem to grape that the roof is the statement. And that by current speed feats even the very low end of a 2 times boost at 5 levels would put the speed at sub-relavistic.

Rocker1189 said:
And you don't seem to grape that the roof is the statement. And that by current speed feats even the very low end of a 2 times boost at 5 levels would put the speed at sub-relavistic.
You made a slight gaffe here, Rocker. Literally nobody brought sub-relativistic up or was debating that. We were focusing on the feats. The only one tunnel-visioning on the idea of 'sub-rel speed' seems to be yourself. Bringing that up out of nowhere when flustered with my argumentation is, at the very least, suspicious, and at most, damning.

I move we close this thread since nothing to counter my debunking has been brought forth nor will be brought forth since no explicit statement of an amp exists, and the OP seems to have revealed their true intention for the thread is simply to focus on getting a specific speed rating rather than accurately assess feats.

???, You do realize that it was damage that brought up the ratings first before I then literally told him what I thought it should be instead? I think the true intentions revealed were your you simply don't want them above MHS+ that is clear.

If anything what is clear is that you are looking for gotcha moments over actually arguing your point.

Xulrev said:
@BlackeJan
It says you can takes a Step 1 to 5 times. It does not say it amplifies 1 to 5 times over.
where did bold cam from?

It says you can shift up in speed from 1 to 5 times

Bold claim comes from the fact that there are 5 Steps to Sekizo, Omimi. Basic definition of the ability.

Rocker, the fact you're flailing to deflect my point back at me without grounding is pretty unappreciated. Simply provide the proof necessary and prove me wrong.

Xulrev said:
Bold claim comes from the fact that there are 5 Steps to Sekizo, Omimi. Basic definition of the ability.

Rocker, the fact you're flailing to deflect my point back at me without grounding is pretty unappreciated. Simply provide the proof necessary and prove me wrong.
The fact that all you say is I have not disproved your point just means that you will never be convinced over anything here. You came here with one mindset that was never going to change, what is bold is you believe one that you have actually made points that have not been disproven. Also I don't give a crap how underappreciated you feel your last comment loste any respect I had for you.

I'm glad I don't come onto this site for respect then, Rocker, but rather for accuracy of feats and verses. I am no longer sure if the same is true for all those in this thread at this point.

Please provide the explicit proof, this makes the 4th time I've requested it I do believe.

Xulrev said:
I'm glad I don't come onto this site for respect then, Rocker, but rather for accuracy of feats and verses. I am no longer sure if the same is true for all those in this thread at this point.

Please provide the explicit proof, this makes the 4th time I've requested it I do believe.
I am not saying you did, but don't try to mention how unappreciated you feel then. Accuracy is certainly not your aim.

The proof is in the first level being his based speed and the last 1 being 5 times the first level. Nothing more needs to be said.

@Xul

We have debunked what u said by Lee's statement and from what Guy was going. U might wanna stop though, your bias is showing (well it's been obvious since all u do is go for downgrades) then lie about accuracy when something that even a 5th grader can see when someone says "times" that I'm pretty sure yur just throwing common sense right out the window

So AGAIN where did u get "steps" from when Lee said "shifts up to 1-5 times?"

Xulrev said:
that absolutely false and unfounded

u just replace speed with false info ( you can takes a Step 1 to 5 times )

" you can 'shift up' in speed from 1 to 5 times "

we provide the proof necessary and prove u wrong.

I do not know what's going on and I stay neutral. However, I found the description of the databook. Would it help to complete this CRT? In any case..

Fourth Databook - Page 263

Evening Elephant (Sekizou)
A-rank; Offensive; Close-range
User: Might Guy

"A Surge of Violently Burning Life——The "Eight Celestial Gates" Ultimate Secret!!

Releasing one's power remitters to draw out power until the utmost limit, by opening the "Eight Gates Released Formation", The Eighth Gate [Gate of Death], this taijutsu can be activated. For a moment, (one is) able to gain power even greater than the 5 kage (combined) however, the jutsu-caster will definitely reach death after its use — a double-edged sword. It is actually a super-speed hit/strike in air, a hitting (offensive) air-cannon.

There are 1 to 5 levels (steps, phases) of speed; raising the gear will increase the power.

(Guy vs Madara): Hitting out with unstoppable speed before the eyes, a great barrage of attacks in the face of death (to certain-death)! Might Guy had unleashed "Evening Elephant", and overwhelmed even Madara who had become the Ten-Tails Jinchuuriki."

@Omimi

>There are *1 to 5 levels (steps, phases) of speed

That's direct from the Databook entry on Sekizo. So I'm very confused as to how you believe it to be false and unfounded? Perhaps you could explain your rationale better

The level is the base level each level should increase it by the same amount meaning that the 5th level is 5 times the base.

@Rocker

So if I were to put a car into 5th gear, I would be traveling 5x what gear 1's speed is?

Xulrev said:
@Rocker

So if I were to put a car into 5th gear, I would be traveling 5x what gear 1's speed is?
Except they are not actually gears, they are literal speed boosts while car gears allow you to access more speed your car has. The sekizo actively increases your max speed.

Xulrev said:
@Omimi
>There are *1 to 5 levels (steps, phases) of speed

That's direct from the Databook entry on Sekizo. So I'm very confused as to how you believe it to be false and unfounded? Perhaps you could explain your rationale better
why would u insert DB info in manga statement

they are not same

manga talk about shift up in speed but u remove that part and put takes a Step

u cant just pick a word from DB and put it in manga sentence however u feel like

this is just wrong and it change the whole meaning

and anyway lets just agree to disagree

This entire thread can be closed if anyone can actually just abide a simple request for an explicit speed-multiplier statement, as has been requested going on 5 times by myself alone now

Gear has a general meaning:

design or adjust the gears in a machine to give a specified speed or power output.

Gears do not have to do with cars

Xulrev said:
This entire thread can be closed if anyone can actually just abide a simple request for an explicit speed-multiplier statement, as has been requested going on 5 times by myself alone now
We get it, you want the thread closed. Anything we bring up is ignored by you dude.

Xulrev said:
u debunk nothing sry

Simply asserting your OP is correct and that I've debunked nothing is well and all, but it doesn't hold water when no explicit claims of a specific speed amp exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back