• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sekizo 5 times speed multipler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rock Lee knows it cause he's been with Might Guy all his life + this is God tiers only

sits in chair

I'm gonna wait for the people to say otherwise

Well, just to analyze the specific wording; it says that the speed is shifted up 1 to 5 times; meaning that it gets faster a number of times, not that it doubles in speed each time.

That's not the same thing as a 5 times multiplier to his base speed.

For example:

Base Speed -> First Step (1.2 x base speed) -> Second Step (1.4 x base speed), etc.

That's a shift up in speed, but not a multiplier.

Damage3245 said:
Well, just to analyze the specific wording; it says that the speed is shifted up 1 to 5 times; meaning that it gets faster a number of times, not that it doubles in speed each time.
That's not the same thing as a 5 times multiplier to speed.
Dude it is very clear that lee means that the speed is increased by the original number up to 5 times. 1 being the first attack.

Damage3245 said:
For example:

Base Speed -> First Step (1.2 x base speed) -> Second Step (1.4 x base speed), etc.

That's a shift up in speed, but not a multiplier.
which is very clearly wrong, the first step is the base speed. and then it goes up to 5.

first step(1 times) up to 5th step(5 times).

Databook

Madara he is fast to the First Step and I think Guy blitzed from the Second Step to 4th but slowed down for the 5th because of the TSOs coming towards him.

Sorry, but Lee isn't explicitly stating that the speed is increased by the original number five times.

Damage3245 said:
Sorry, but Lee isn't explicitly stating that the speed is increased by the original number five times.
Yeah he does not have to state it expicitly not everything has to be explicit, I know you like to argue semantics though.

Mindovin said:
Databook
Madara he is fast to the First Step and I think Guy blitzed from the Second Step to 4th but slowed down for the 5th because of the TSOs coming towards him.
He specifically did not slow down as he was told not to by minato.

The Databook distinctly states it's just 5 levels of speed, not 5 times one's base speed.

Unless an explicit multiplier is given it is useless as the scaling would be 5th Step Guy unquantifiably faster than 4th Step Guy unquantifiably faster than 3rd Step Guy etc etc

No such multiplier is given in any primary canon nor in any secondary canon. One must make an unreasonable jump in logic to arrive at a conclusion of an explicit multiplier.

Xulrev said:
The Databook distinctly states it's just 5 levels of speed, not 5 times one's base speed.
Unless an explicit multiplier is given it is useless as the scaling would be 5th Step Guy unquantifiably faster than 4th Step Guy unquantifiably faster than 3rd Step Guy etc etc

No such multiplier is given in any primary canon nor in any secondary canon. One must make an unreasonable jump in logic to arrive at a conclusion of an explicit multiplier.
Each level increasing his speed by his base is already a huge low-ball.

No the scaling is 5th gate is at least base + 4th gate and so on.

No, one must take an extreme low-ball to believe that each level gives less than a base increae in speed.

shifted up in speed, from 1==> speed = 1

Up to 5 times, 5 x speed.

I think it would be fine to put his speed as this:

At least Massively Hypersonic+ (Overwhelmed Six Paths Sage Madara with pure speed multiple times), higher with Evening Elephant (Increases the speed of his attack with each Step)

But I don't think there's anything suggesting it is a literal multiplier of his base speed.

Damage3245 said:
At least Massively Hypersonic+ (Overwhelmed Six Paths Sage Madara with pure speed multiple times), higher with Evening Elephant (Increases the speed of his attack with each Step)

But I don't think there's anything suggesting it is a literal multiplier of his base speed.
Nothing except the obvious fact that the first step is the base speed with the 5th being 5 times that.

Damage3245 said:

Ya no. Nice try but that's not working when we have evidence on a multiplier

Unfortunately you do not. Both Xulrev and I have explained how this is not the case if you look at the specific wording being used.

I grant you, the attack definitely goes up in speed; but saying that it goes up in value by his original speed is entirely an assumption.

The specific wording is saying that it's a multiplier. His original speed going up is the point of saying it increases each step until the 5 time

Going up in speed fives times isn't the same as multiplying his base speed by five.

Damage3245 said:
Going up in speed fives times isn't the same as multiplying his base speed by five.
The wording means that he is refering to the base speed as 1, that is very clear, then the 5 step is 5 times faster than the first.

Damage3245 said:
u want writer to use "base" words

u know this is is fanmade

Damage3245 said:
Unfortunately you do not. Both Xulrev and I have explained how this is not the case if you look at the specific wording being used.

I grant you, the attack definitely goes up in speed; but saying that it goes up in value by his original speed is entirely an assumption.
Fortunately we do. Rocker and pretty much everyone here AND what the wording says is a multiplier I mean it ain't rocket science when someone says "times #" like what makes u think it won't have a multiplier when Rock Lee himself said 1-5 TIMES

Like seriously this truly ain't rocket science. Even what it says is a multiplier and this shouldn't even be contested

Well darn apparently schools taught me wrong because I could have sworn my speed going up 5x(my speed being the base) and my speed being multiplied by 5x were the same thing ƒñöƒñöƒñöƒñöƒñ»ƒñò[[
E21730DA-8976-4D4D-B82D-35603E812686
Link title]]

In all honesty. This a poor attempt at not accepting Ann upgrade when even what it says proves what we r saying

Okay Damage, this is getting ridiculous. I'm beginning to think this is a downplay on your part. You're doing everything for the Naruto's God Tier do not go beyond MHS + and this is something that is well evident here. Whenever you are accused of this you say that you are always looking for something more correct or something like that, but it does not happen for a while.

You can report me or say anything, it will not change what I think about it. I agree with the multiplier being used.

Evening Elephant (Sekizou) (p. 263)
A-rank; Offensive; Close-range
User: Might Guy

"A Surge of Violently Burning Life——The "Eight Celestial Gates" Ultimate Secret!!

Releasing one's power remitters to draw out power until the utmost limit, by opening the "Eight Gates Released Formation", The Eighth Gate [Gate of Death], this taijutsu can be activated. For a moment, (one is) able to gain power even greater than the 5 kage (combined) however, the jutsu-caster will definitely reach death after its use — a double-edged sword. It is actually a super-speed hit/strike in air, a hitting (offensive) air-cannon.

There are *1 to 5 levels (steps, phases) of speed; raising the gear will increase the power.

Is this an AP boost too? based off of databook.

BlackeJan said:
In all honesty. This a poor attempt at not accepting Ann upgrade when even what it says proves what we r saying
Well if you pretend that your interpretation is the only valid one, then anything I say would indeed seem to be a poor attempt at rejecting this.

I'm suggesting that since this is not a clear evidence of a straight speed multiplier which should be unambiguous then we should put in a more conservative note on his profile which I have suggested:

Can anyone actually see anything wrong with what I have proposed here? What would anyone else suggest?

@M3X;

> You can report me or say anything, it will not change what I think about it. I agree with the multiplier being used.

Why would I report you?

I propose MHS+, up to sub-relav with Evening elephant(stated to increase his speed up to 5 gears, the first being his base).

"then we should put in a more conservative note"

gonna be honest, I am getting real tired of this, even when things are pretty clear you say the same thing.

Following the logic, more speed = more power..? Guy's skill are based on pure taijutsu wich is physical strenght. Just like KE concept

@Sigurd

An increase in speed is necessarily an increase in AP in any case that follows physics, so I would say yes it amps the striking of the user.

In general to all others in this thread:

There are *1 to 5 levels (steps, phases) of speed

This is, word for word, what the databook states for the 'speed amp' portion of Sekizo. That is it.

Now let's look at what Rock Lee states about the Sekizo

The user's speed shifts up 1-to-5 times. There are 1-to-5 steps of speed.

This is so fundamentally simplistic to understand. It shouldn't need a thread going beyond 5 comments even to point out the obvious: it's not a multiplier, it's just like shifting gears in a car.

Rocker1189 said:
"then we should put in a more conservative note"
gonna be honest, I am getting real tired of this, even when things are pretty clear you say the same thing.
Because it is the most reasonable proposal.

Yes, his attack speed gets faster as he performs the Evening Elephant.

But no, Rock Lee isn't explicitly stating that his base speed gets multiplied by five by the end of the attack sequence.

Damage3245 said:
Because it is the most reasonable proposal.

Yes, his attack speed gets faster as he performs the Evening Elephant.

But no, Rock Lee isn't explicitly stating that his base speed gets multiplied by five by the end of the attack sequence.
It is not when it is clear what rock lee is saying. rock lee states they increase their speed starting from 1 up to 5 times, it is pretty damn explicit. You are just taking the lowest possible interpretation. and btw unless you really really low ball the increase to the point that it is insignificant it would still be sub-relav.

Xulrev said:
This is, word for word, what the databook states for the 'speed amp' portion of Sekizo. That is it.

Now let's look at what Rock Lee states about the Sekizo

The user's speed shifts up 1-to-5 times. There are 1-to-5 steps of speed.

This is so fundamentally simplistic to understand. It shouldn't need a thread going beyond 5 comments even to point out the obvious: it's not a multiplier, it's just like shifting gears in a car.
This is what you dont understand, the first gear is the base speed, and the 5th one is confirmed 5 times faster than the first. Due to each increasing it by the same amount.

manga says each steps increase 1 to 5 times speed

but u still think its not a clear evidence of a straight speed multiplier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back