• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Foundation Dimensionality Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kepekley23

VS Battles
Retired
We currently support a "26 dimensions, likely higher" multiverse for the SCP Foundation, but there is a direct statement suggesting a much higher number.t

https://imgur.com/WzPkjtZ

As we can see in SCP-2637 's page, there are beings that exist in the 196884th dimension, and the likes of Yaldabaoth and the Scarlet King, for example, would be immeasurably higher than this.

Word of God also states that those 196884th beings SCP-2637 is trying to contact DO exist.

The profiles should be updated accordingly.

Wasn't that just supposed to be a joke referencing Warren Ellis' Planetary series with the multiversal snowflake structure?

Okay. Weekly should probably evaluate it, yes.

I don't think it's a joke. The author states it with a clear, matter-of-fact tone in the comments.

I don't think it is a joke, since this number of dimensions is a real thing existing in a book called "The Beautiful Monster" or something like that

also, aren't they already accepted to be Countless-Dimensional, not 26-dimensional?

The profiles state "at least 26 observable dimensions and an uncountably higher number of unobservable ones"

Yeah, i brought this one up before and it was rejected because the beings that theyre attempting to contact are just theoretical

They are not theoretical, though. The author of the skip says in the comments that those beings exist, and that the Foundation simply can't comprehend their existence. People probably failed to notice that when you brought it up.

Perhaps somebody should inform Azathoth about this thread. I think that he was involved in the previous discussion.

They have 2 countless dimenaional level people, and they don't have comprehension of beings of the 148,000+ nature ?

Well, it's likely because :

239 - They don't know the fullest extent of her powers anyways. Plus, they only have her in there because she wants to be contained. As seen before , they can't really stop her leaving.

343 - Is contained because he wants to be.

Having countless dimensionals doesn't mean they comprehend the true power of said countless dimensionals. They clearly state they don't comprehend the Scarlet King, who is, like, the fourth strongest character in the continuity.

Also, not even 239 can fully comprehend a Neverwere, and she is possibly above even the High Elder Gods in true strength.

I can certainly write a tale to upgrade her to 1-A if you guys are interested

OvO

Not really, i mean SCP already has a Countless-D statement, unless Azzy has anything to say about this

I mean, 196,884 would typically fall under "countless". Considering the "countless" statement is just used in the context of saying there were more dimensions beyond the ones Nobody sensed that he couldn't count, 196,884 could serve as some kind of general ballpark idea, if used I guess.

I guess. We would just have to assume these beings are a little above or a little below most of the lesser 1-B, stuff. Still 1-B regardless, but gives us a general idea that the number of dimensions would at least be six digits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back