• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about good ol 96.

Apparently, the thing can realize that it is being watched in a fraction of a second. Like, before a computer could scramble the light coming from 96's face. Would that be worthy of some perception speed feat?

Im working on Brothers Death and Isabel, Ever is doing Scarlet King and 3999. 999 and 1000 are up for grabs if anyone wants to make them.

I think it's more like a 2-C feat. Though, what does that mean for his durability?

A bunch of stuff for 173:

"Out of the corner of his eye he could see Dr Miller staring at him, or rather, at his feet. Unblinking. D-6518 cursed himself before tearing his gaze away from SCP-173, looking down at his leg. Or rather, what remained of it. His leg ended at the ankle where it had been swiftly snapped sideways, his bloodied foot dangling limply. The only reason he remained standing was a tiny statue, no more than a half meter tall, its tiny stumps of arms clasped around the break.

Hereby designated SCP-173-1."

"Thirdly, all known media containing footage of the anomaly degrades physically. Blood and faeces, identical to that produced within SCP-173's area of effect, destroy the circuitry or tape or what have you. This secondary anomaly should likely be mentioned in the core documentation: I apologize for that. As I explained, my attention has been elsewhere. I give you authorization to make the necessary edits.

Fourthly, regarding your idea to have an .aic entity observe SCP-173- yes, it has been attempted. Almost as soon as the Foundation became capable of generating artificial consciousness, in fact- and it does work. Regardless of composition, origin, or level of sapience, if a sentient entity capable of vision observes SCP-173, it will not move. However, the artificial intelligences are subject to the secondary effect I mentioned in my third point: blood and faecal matter appear in their housing medium and destroy them, given enough time."

• 173 is also intelligent enough to use its excrement to sabotage automated cleaning systems for its containment cell as well as take down two sets of remote drones
"Secondly, if you had been given access to the maintenance logs, you would be aware that two automatic cleaning systems have been installed, once in the late seventies, and once in the mid noughties. SCP-173's excretions blocked critical valves and electronics, with a surprising degree of efficiency. There was some discussion about whether the object could consciously direct the production of the blood and faeces that appears in it's vicinity, and whether it was sapient enough to deliberately sabotage the cleaning systems."

"Well, you've likely read the incident reports by now, Director. The first set of drones was taken out a week ago; one had its vision momentarily obscured by some of that foul blood/faeces mixture dripping from the ceiling, one had a malfunction in it's camera (again, blood and faeces in the circuitry), and the operator of the third blinked. A fraction of a second later, all three drones were out of commission. We chalked it up to bad luck, put the second string in, and requested a new set from Manufacturing. Three days later, the same thing happened. The statue, it seems, is capable of learning."

• 173 is capable of altering the chemical compound its excrement so it becomes a highly volatile, acid-like substance
"So apparently 173 can alter the bloody shitty muck it conjures out of thin ******* air to contain complex biochemical compounds capable of eating through carbon nanotube weave. It went down into the sluice, ripped through a foot of rotted concrete, dug through seven feet of soil, and came out in a minimum security portion of the facility, killing twelve people."

"My frame by frame review finds that at frame 235 938 of camera two's edited log, SCP-173 closes to within 10 cm of D-173-2267. D-173-2267's eyes remain fully closed; SCP-173's arms remain fixed in their usual "at rest" positions. At frame 235 939, less than 0.00001 seconds later, subject D-173-2267's head is turned upward such that it stares directly into subject SCP-173's "eyes," and -2267's eyes are now fully open. D-173-2267 collapses shortly thereafter. Death appears to be due to, at least in this instance, a combination of trauma caused by the rapidity of motion SCP-173 inflicts and the severing of the spinal cord due to separation between the second and third cervical vertebrae, and not physical torsion or strangulation, a conclusion supported by my autopsy findings. This also potentially explains the strange bruising and hemorrhaging present in the soft tissues of SCP-173's victims around the eyes; a transient, violent, non-specific, non-physical force ripping its victims' eyelids open."

"Agent Wagner points to a doorway. The bulkhead door has been crumpled to one side. A corpse is visible several metres ahead.

Lindow: Her head is on backwards.

Agent Wagner searches the corpse.

Wagner: Her neck has been broken."

• And Again
"Sturluson: Shut the door.

Byock: Shut… yeah, shut the…

Agent Byock closes a door, obstructing line-of-sight with SCP-173. The door is struck from the other side until a crack forms in the door.

Wagner: It's going to smash through.

ATF 4 proceed to the Euclid containment wing at an accelerated pace. SCP-173 pursues the group, destroying obstructions while unobserved. On several occasions it utilises alternate routes in an attempt to outflank the group; the open doorways throughout the site enable it to traverse large distances unnoticed by the group. Agent Byock leads the group to the inhabited containment chamber.

Byock: This… this is the one.

Sturluson: You're joking.

Wagner: This is seventeen-three's chamber.

Byock: And it's got the guy in it. It's not my fault he picked this one.

Sturluson: Fine just… just get the doors open. Wagner, watch that other door over there.

Agent Byock opens the bulkhead doors; damage sustained prevents them from opening enough to allow access."

Nice. Who knew the statue had all these abilities? Guess 173 vs Weeping Angels won't be such a mismatch after all.

There's actually a set of tales where 173's creator removes 173's weakness of only being able to move when no one is looking at it, and it leads to 173 killing entire continents worth of people in minutes...

WeeklyBattles said:
There's actually a set of tales where 173's creator removes 173's weakness of only being able to move when no one is looking at it, and it leads to 173 killing entire continents worth of people in minutes...
Screenshot 2017-08-22-19-54-59 kindlephoto-6724874

http://www.scp-wiki.net/the-original

"Unbound by eye contact, the statue had its way with the planet. Entire continents were passed by in minutes. The spindly legs worked like pistons, grinding up asphalt and rock. It ran over dying oceans and fields of ash. It never stopped.

Whenever the statue passed through a city, or what remained of a city, it would never pass through without first darting through every room of every building. The same went for any town, or any type of human settlement whatsoever. If any intelligence had remained to observe it, they might have theorized that the statue was looking for someone. Or anyone."

So, in essence, it can run through every room of every building in every city of an entire continent in just a few minutes.

Thank you, SCP, for making an already terrifying thing ten times worse.

Wait, what about the other sentient SCPs? Did it kill them too?

@MrKing Eeyup, that's the long and short of it

@Sir I dont believe it specified but ill have to check again when i get home

It doesn't seem to have killed anyone though. Humans were dead, and now 173 runs the world trying to find someone. ANYONE.

He is underated and needs to be treated better.

WeeklyBattles said:
Sounds similar to the tale where 173 can duplicate and a group of them managed to rip 682 to pieces.

The reason why there are so many 173 tales is that it was 173 festival a few months ago,and people wrote tales to celebrate it. Naturally,there is no canon,so 173 would have a bunch of abilities if we add these tales together.

Dont worry guys, i'm going through all of our curent SCP pages trying to fill them out more, i just started with 173 because it was almost empty. So should i add the powers and then bring up the unrestricted 173 when (If) the speed feat gets calced?

I'm just glad the SCP pages are getting more love.

Just realized that attacking in less than .00001 seconds would be Massively Hypersonic, not High Hypersonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back