• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should rework the page to include Terminology like the 40K page or the RWBY page. We should explain the Classes (Safe, Elucid, Keter) and The Church of the Broken God and the Sarkics. Maybe also add in profiles for the O-5 and the main Doctors (Bright, etc...)

Is this (and this too) page accurate? It seems very vague and poorly explained, and I'm not even sure if SCP-2480 is Yaldabaoth and not just the dimensional anomaly.

Promestein said:
Is this (and this too) page accurate? It seems very vague and poorly explained, and I'm not even sure if SCP-2480 is Yaldabaoth and not just the dimensional anomaly.
It's vague, but if you read the whole 2480 article it specifically calls it Yaldabaoth.

It's vague, but if you read the whole 2480 article it specifically calls it Yaldabaoth.

Mind quoting from the article itself?

Shouldn't they be 'At least High 1-C'? Since they are more powerful than Mr. Shapey. Also, I was under the impression that they would have been placed under Weekly's Tiering of 1-B or High 1-B.

Wow this thread is old. Anyway, I found an SCP in the new series we could use to potentially upgrade Swann's Proposal.

SCP-3500.

Basically, The Foundation tried to canonise themselves. Take a moment to let that sink in, then go to the discussions page to get a better understanding.

Also, the whole Grand Crosslinking is canon. Like, the Grand Crosslinking exists in-universe.

TBQH Swann shouldve been upgraded alongside Mekhane and Yaldabaoth a long time ago...

That and the fact that its stronger than the Scarlet King who is stronger than Mek and Yal

Care to explain why Swann's proposal should be upgraded?

Also, I'm glad to have two Tier 1 skips profiled here now.

Personally, I don't know why the argument that 001 can be affected by memes isn't regarded as massive PIS but yeah, it should be much more powerful than Mek or Yal.

There was an alternate universe created for SCP-239 that fleshed out 239's potential. In that alternate timeline , she recreated the entire SCP Universe. There was also an quote that said that one of the doctors , i think Dr.Clef said Scp-239 was the most dangerous SCP , but I forgot where on the wikia they stated that .

@Natse

http://www.scp-wiki.net/beneath-two-trees

"Now the Serpent, who guarded the Tree of Knowledge and knew the secrets of deep magic, had looked to the East, and saw in those regions a brewing shadow. A new power was rising within an ancient kingdom, a power that swallowed all in its path. Old gods had been uncovered, and all their terrible rites now knew public practice. Most horrible of all, the Serpent saw the Scarlet King rising from the depths of the Abyss, rising to consume all of creation."

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/dust-and-blood

"Khahrahk was not great upon his formation: in truth he was small. He crawled around in the darkness of the abyss, but unlike his brothers and sisters, he knew himself and knew the abyss. So blessed and cursed by awareness, he felt pain and loneliness, and looked beyond the depths: but the thought of the light and the shade of the tree pained him more. Existence was pain, and he would have no part of it. It would be better to not exist. It would be better for all things not to exist."

"Upon this vow, he consumed his brothers and sisters, and grew strong on their essences. This act, this first sin of Khahrahk, caused him greater pain as he himself grew greater. He grew blind by his pain. So great was his spite and so absolute his hate, that he cursed the Creation and its Creator, and vowed to destroy the Tree and all that it supported in its branches and roots."

"With the borders of his realm set down, the King declared his war. His servants, and there were many, those birthed of the Darkness Below or those that had fallen to the King's service, surged out of his kingdom, and there was war with Creation. This war continues to this day, and shall not end until the end of all things."

http://www.scp-wiki.net/new-job

"If you're not familiar with the mythology of the Scarlet King I suggest you read up on him. There's plenty of unclassified information on him in the Foundation database. All that's relevant for now is that he is (to the best of our knowledge) the most powerful malevolent entity in the Multiverse."

Then there's the Hanged King, who rules over Alagadda, the dimensional nexus of the multiverse, and who is stated to rival Yaldabaoth in power.

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-2264

"A terrible city, filled with equally terrible people. It is said that the Grand Karcist of Adytum serves the designs of an elder being, a horror thought to rival even the Hanged King of Alagadda. Craw! (SCP-2264-2 made a sound not unlike a crow) I should not speak of them. Not here."

So yeah...Swann sees these guys as a work of fiction. It'd be High 1-C if not straight up Low 1-B.

I think you guys should read 3500 first. It's really meta.

Senpai ( @WeeklyBattles ) you didn't notice me... Anyways ... this is where SCP 239 recreated and destroy the entire SCP Multiverse with no effort.. She also can become omnipresent if she becomes aware apparently .Should that scale to normal SCP 239 , or both her and another key would become High 1-C ? And I still don't know where statement was that 239 is the most powerful SCP . I know it's on the wikia though. Would either of these two scale ? And would 239 scale to the God tiers, due to indirectly recreating them and resetting her transcendence ?

Aww man, 3007 was so good. The paintings and the sad story it told really hits you. The implications of the last picture really sealed the deal on the whole 'fear' theme.

@Seed I think we should have a seperate key for that. I'm thinking 'Full Potential'.

@Ovens

3999 was another good one IMO, albeit very confusing and disturbing at first.

Though I still love how badass Talloran was for a normal guy.

@Seed

I read the entire tale, but two things.

1. I'm not sure if this tale is actually canon.

2. Nothing implies that 239 recreated the entire verse.

1 . Basically what Weekly said.

2. Nothing was there when 239 destroyed everything. She was the only one left. Nothing is implied that anything else survived after the destruction , not even statements.

I'm pretty sure that description could apply if only the universe was gone, not literally all of existence.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Ever That tale is part of Unfounded, which is part of the canon hub
There are like a lot of canons under the canon hub, two of which take place after the end of the world.

@T2ES Yeah i gotta go with Ever on this one, nothing implies that anything more than the universe she inhabited was destroyed, which she recreated.

I would agree with you Ever, if the verse was just a regular universe . It isn't. It is an 10-11 dimensional universe. Second, it mentions it being an infinite nothingness , confirming that it was completely empty once everything was destroyedn. Nothing implies not was just a regular universe she destroyed, unless you provide evidence other than jut mentioning just a universe. The author may not have known about how big was the universe, and as such would not mention how big it was.

Also, everything in the canon hub exists in-verse. The fuidity of their canon actually affects The Foundation and The Foundation acknowledging that they are fiction further proves that Swann's proposal is way more powerful than just Low 2C

@T2ES Nothing implies that higher dimensions were destroyed, and an infinite nothingess isnt higher dimensions, it's High 3-A at best. I would love High 1-C 239 but there is no evidence to support anything higher than her being Low 2-C...

@Ever

3999 was stated by the author to be his final work. Basically, the entire ordeal that Talloran went through was what the author felt like being part of the SCP community.

Doesn't Swann treat everything in the SCPverse as fiction? If so, I'm thinking Low 1-B for trancending the highest tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back