• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Discussion Thread

lKUvt2J.png

Well, I am not surprised but I thought this is worth mentioning.

It appears that, in many stories, Doctor Jack Bright is being renamed to Doctor Elias Shaw due to, to put it lightly, unacceptable actions from Bright's real world namesake.

The person creating Shaw, djkaktus, also has noted that Shaw will have a different origin from Bright, though a similar role story-wise and still having the same connection to SCP-963.

This puts us in a difficult situation, of course, as our SCP Staff profiles are more or less composited. Now, if Shaw and Bright are considered the same character, obviously Shaw should be the primary name on our profile, Bright being simply noted as a previous name out of universe. However, as most likely some stories will still use the Bright name, that makes things... complicated.

Compositing Bright and Shaw into one character seems to be the easiest solution, however, as Shaw is quite literally just meant to replace Bright in previous stories due to his namesake's actions, and the way we treat our extended canon profiles makes this more than reasonable.

What abilities does Shaw have? it can be a new key added to the profile as a CRT.
So far as I know, Shaw's abilities are identical to Bright's. It's more a renaming thing. So far as I know, Shaw hasn't been in any new stories Bright wasn't in except the revamped SCP-963 page, called SCP-0963.

So far as I know, Shaw's abilities are identical to Bright's. It's more a renaming thing. So far as I know, Shaw hasn't been in any new stories Bright wasn't in except the revamped SCP-963 page, called SCP-0963.
The page isn't up yet, so for now it could be added as another name to the name section of the profile.

I feel like Scp-foundations influence in pop culture is huge guys

there are references to it in Henry Stickmin

and crawler from worm is basically an expy of 682

I wonder what other franchises reference Scp as well

I feel like Scp-foundations influence in pop culture is huge guys

there are references to it in Henry Stickmin

and crawler from worm is basically an expy of 682

I wonder what other franchises reference Scp as well
Warehouse 13 probably has the same premise

The SCP community inspired Remedy's game Control

The MTF Field Codes are represented in various films courtesy of Matpat

We've discussed either adding the placeholder name Dr. Elias Shaw to the name section or possibly renaming the profile.

Plot Manipulation scaling chain

SCP-423 < Kimba Laslow < SCP Foundation Researchers < I.H. Pickman's Proposal = SCP-2786 < SCP-6820 < SCP-5875 = Paradox Exodus Engine < Department of Unreality < The Overvoid Lurk < S Andrew Swann's Proposal = Agent Next = SCP-3145 = SCP-3999 < SCP-3167 = SCP-4010 < SCP-3043 < SCP-826 < SCP-4455 < Dr. Thaddeus Thaum << SCP-3143 Plot Manip & Immunity < SCP-3922 < SCP-2030 < Barker Sullivan < SCP-2747/SCP-6747-C =< SCP-6747-B <∞ LOGICIAN < SCP-682 Plot Manip & Immunity < SCP-4028 < SCP-0001 = IS <∞^∞ SCP-3812 Plot Manip & Immunity

Last edited:
Back