• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Discussion Thread

They do have a point, an author-level god perceived from the lower reality is only some neckbeard in the higher layer just editing the story at his whims, most characters can't manipulate the layer that they exist in yet they qualify for that tier regardless of damage.

They do have a point, an author-level god perceived from the lower reality is only some neckbeard in the higher layer just editing the story at his whims, most characters can't manipulate the layer that they exist in yet they qualify for that tier regardless of damage.
Yes, it would be almost the same as a character dreaming an entire universe, and that just by waking up all that universe would go away.
Fiction isn't very logical either, as I've always said in my entire life since I found out I couldn't have superpowers by eating cereal.

Yes, it would be almost the same as a character dreaming an entire universe, and that just by waking up all that universe would go away.
Fiction isn't very logical either, as I've always said in my entire life since I found out I couldn't have superpowers by eating cereal.
That's not the point. r/CharacterRant is essentially saying that you would need to equate the very highest narrative layer in a work with real life and treat everything below it as fictional fodder, which in terms of SCP would mean that Universe Prime would be Tier 10 or above. Everything else would be Tier 11 fodder, which is ridiculous.
who the **** cares, they have nothing to do with this site so why should we give a **** about it.
This is the exact kind of apathy I hate. Reality-Fiction Transcendence is a well-thought-out concept used on battleboards, but r/CharacterRant seems to either be ignorant enough or spiteful enough about it to claim that including RFT at all makes a verse utter fodder based on the idea that being fictional to other entities within your own canon makes you inferior to any work without such a metafictional component, somehow unable to comprehend that being inside a narrative stack doesn't devalue what's inside it compared to something else. This comment refuting the post goes into more detail. Though it hasn't even been a month since the last RFT CRT, I'm asking around so I can make another CRT for RFT to add a section specifically refuting this kind of thinking. VSBW already gets enough hate, and leaving this misconception about RFT unaddressed would get more people to treat us like crap. If you're not interested, fine, but I'm asking around to gather support.

That's not the point. r/CharacterRant is essentially saying that you would need to equate the very highest narrative layer in a work with real life and treat everything below it as fictional fodder, which in terms of SCP would mean that Universe Prime would be Tier 10 or above. Everything else would be Tier 11 fodder, which is ridiculous.

This is the exact kind of apathy I hate. Reality-Fiction Transcendence is a well-thought-out concept used on battleboards, but r/CharacterRant seems to either be ignorant enough or spiteful enough about it to claim that including RFT at all makes a verse utter fodder based on the idea that being fictional to other entities within your own canon makes you inferior to any work without such a metafictional component, somehow unable to comprehend that being inside a narrative stack doesn't devalue what's inside it compared to something else. This comment refuting the post goes into more detail. Though it hasn't even been a month since the last RFT CRT, I'm asking around so I can make another CRT for RFT to add a section specifically refuting this kind of thinking. VSBW already gets enough hate, and leaving this misconception about RFT unaddressed would get more people to treat us like crap. If you're not interested, fine, but I'm asking around to gather support.
Understandable, r/characterrant is poison

...it's literally the equivalent of the world of arabic nights being tier 11, because it's a world inside a book from sonic's ''real'' world. It doesn't make sense, who the hell thought that was logical.

Could you make a thread for that?because you can perfectly do that
But from what I see, destroying mathematical concepts doesn't give you a tier but instead would give you conceptual manipulation.

Guess I can add the Scp-953 matchup back then?

cause when you made it High 8-C you got rid of the matchup
The matchup can be re added, and its due to the 682-173 mis-scaling discussion we had on the 173 revision thread.

But from what I see, destroying mathematical concepts doesn't give you a tier but instead would give you conceptual manipulation.
some characters manipulate mathematics,but we give them mathematics manipulation because we don't assume that they destroy completaly all types of mathematics(including set theory)which just give them that abilitie.
but in this case,scp proof that the noosphere is the world of ideas,and the reality is controlled by the same world,and is like plato's forms of ideas.
in the sense that,the reality is shadow(non-existent)to the realm forms(the noosphere)meaning that any concept that exist in reality,exist in the noosphere in a greater scale.

some characters manipulate mathematics,but we give them mathematics manipulation because we don't assume that they destroy completaly all types of mathematics(including set theory)which just give them that abilitie.
but in this case,scp proof that the noosphere is the world of ideas,and the reality is controlled by the same world,and is like plato's forms of ideas.
in the sense that,the reality is shadow(non-existent)to the realm forms(the noosphere)meaning that any concept that exist in reality,exist in the noosphere in a greater scale.
SCP only mentions inaccessible cardinal. So that's not even close to tier 0.
But if you think destroying concept of mathematics is tier 0, then you are wrong.
The verse needs to specify how high into the set theory it gets.

SCP only mentions inaccessible cardinal. So that's not even close to tier 0.
But if you think destroying concept of mathematics is tier 0, then you are wrong.
The verse needs to specify how high into the set theory it gets.
It is almost as ridiculous as that the concept of dimensions is limited to a verse by the number of dimensions that there are, seriously, a concept is not something as simple as what already exists, it is in general, everything that is about the concept what is it based on.

It can't be, it sounds ridiculously high for it to be the Infosphere which could be Tier 6 since The Foundation would already have the technology to know of all the information.

1. The foundation is much more advanced in research technology than in power, that is, they know of the existence of concepts, metaphysics, mathematics, and so on. but even so they are not able to manipulate it completely. 2.For a devil, do you know how big the infosphere is? The infosphere is so big, that according to the placeholder it contains all the pataspheres, including other branches(that is...teorical)

1. The foundation is much more advanced in research technology than in power, that is, they know of the existence of concepts, metaphysics, mathematics, and so on. but even so they are not able to manipulate it completely. 2.For a devil, do you know how big the infosphere is? The infosphere is so big, that according to the placeholder it contains all the pataspheres, including other branches(that is...teorical)
There isn't much proof if they can directly manipulate it, but they can so much as peer into it, and for the size of the infosphere it's only uncountably infinitely beyond baseline 0 with the Constants being only countably infinitely above baseline 0, which isn't much seeing as The Foundation can literally interact and kill the Swann Authors who view the infosphere like how 1 layer above 1-A views Low 1-A.

There isn't much proof if they can directly manipulate it, but they can so much as peer into it, and for the size of the infosphere it's only uncountably infinitely beyond baseline 0 with the Constants being only countably infinitely above baseline 0, which isn't much seeing as The Foundation can literally interact and kill the Swann Authors who view the infosphere like how 1 layer above 1-A views Low 1-A.
ok mister,then were is the nagiro's proposal?

The tiers most likely represent different terminology of the SCP Universe, with pataphysics likely being tier 7, that only leaves room for what tiers are beyond that.
It is almost the same as Ajimu Najimi and his quintillion skills, they are not going to explain it, they will only show a certain number of it.

What other examples are there? Maybe Saitama's true strength?

No, I was referring to a very large number, and very specific, that we will never see. like kakashi having 1000 techniques, and only uses 4 (minimum)

or that the chaos emeralds can grant any wish, but we limit the powers to wishes that they showed (that is, instead of giving them a limit that they can't ask for definitely that is too exaggerated, we simply limit it to what was shown, it doesn't have a damn sense)

No, I was referring to a very large number, and very specific, that we will never see. like kakashi having 1000 techniques, and only uses 4 (minimum)

or that the chaos emeralds can grant any wish, but we limit the powers to wishes that they showed (that is, instead of giving them a limit that they can't ask for definitely that is too exaggerated, we simply limit it to what was shown, it doesn't have a damn sense)
Then for SCP-4755, it may warrant a "even much higher" tier to its profile which is a part of the Foundation.

It can't be, it sounds ridiculously high for it to be the Infosphere which could be Tier 6 since The Foundation would already have the technology to know of all the information.
No
These conceptual tiers has nothing to do with Higher pataphysical layers

Back