• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wright Way said:
I love the irony of someone telling Weekly to "ask around" in regards to something from SCP. That's like saying Bill Gates doesn't understand computers.
Anyways, this is still a massive stomp.
Well Weekly has been wrong many times in the past, as have I. Suggesting that an expert in their field cannot be wrong is ridiculous.

@Agnaa Is it? Meh, whatever, still doesnt support 682 not charging in and immediately getting absorbed

So still a stomp

Whether or not this is a stomp depends on his intelligence.

If we decide 682 cannot physically analyze the situation he's in, I can agree to a stomp.

If we decide 682 has the ability to, then it is not a stomp as he now has the mental capacity to find the win condition to easily beat BIG.

Also, I'm pretty sure having a conversation with someone doesn't translate into you being smart in combat.

Just because he had a deep and meaningful conversation with someone doesn't mean he's smart enough to deduce weaknesses.

Yes, Canon 682 has no feats whatsoever of being able to analyze the situation its in, only being able to charge in wildly as seen from th fight against 076. Analyzing things is Extended canon 682 only

HierophantDeluxe said:
Whether or not this is a stomp depends on his intelligence.

If we decide 682 cannot physically analyze the situation he's in, I can agree to a stomp.

If we decide 682 has the ability to, then it is not a stomp as he now has the mental capacity to find the win condition to easily beat BIG.
If this isn't a stomp, then no match above 10-B with Notorious BIG is a stomp (unless Notorious gets stomped).

An average human could just slowly drive a pole into Notorious BIG and win. But this doesn't feel like a viable enough win condition for me to say that every Carne vs haxless 10-B match isn't a stomp.

He literally analyzed 409's crystilization and decided to blow up his body in response. That and his many containment breaches lead me to believe that he's capable of combat analysis, just like most other living creatures.

Should've known this was gonna happen once the anime reached the Carne fight...not touching

If regular humans like Giorno and Trish can find BIG's weakness and develop plans to beat him, then the argument that 682 can't because he's dumb doesn't make sense to me.

As it stands BIG is very easy to defeat if you know to attack him slowly. I am having a hard time understanding how this is a stomp. Having a character not want to explore weaknesses and just rush in and die is their fault, not the fault of the matchup.

>If someone with actual feats of combat skill can beat this guy then i dont see why someone with no feats of combat skill whose only intelligence feat is talking to a computer once can do the same

Bruh

I'm not trying to downplay Giorno and Trish, but for ***** sake dude when I was reading it I myself understood the weakness before the characters. It's not hard to see a pattern and determine what it is (you moving and him moving in response).

Unless you're saying I'm genius combat intellect too?

@Heriophant Good for you, youre not in a perpetual animalistic bloodlusted blind rage state like canon 682 is whenever it fights something

Off topic but if 682 had a stand I'd hope it be something like "Hey Ya!"

Buddy, you're reading the story in the comfort of your own home away from the action. That's not comparable to actually being there. It's impossible to know if you'd be coherent enough to figure that out in such a situation unless you're actually in it.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Heriophant Good for you, youre not in a perpetual animalistic bloodlusted blind rage state like canon 682 is whenever it fights something
That's called in-character flaws and weaknesses. Personality is not a valid reason for a match being a stomp.

The Wright Way said:
Buddy, you're reading the story in the comfort of your own home away from the action. That's not comparable to actually being there. It's impossible to know if you'd be coherent enough to figure that out in such a situation unless you're actually in it.
Recognizing patterns is easy dude. People do it in fights all the time.

Actually no, its not a character flaw, its a built in passive defense mechanism, a power that 682 has

That doesn't mean you could. My point is you catching on to something while not fighting for your life means nothing in comparison to people who can while doing so and do it on the regular. Especially since I'm assuming that you're a regular guy who probably doesn't get thrown into life threatening situations where a single mistake can mean death all that often.

682's Stand would be 'Down with the Sickness'

I dunno. I feel it'd be some sort of REALLY heavy metal song for a name.

The Wright Way said:
That doesn't mean you could. My point is you catching on to something while not fighting for your life means nothing in comparison to people who can while doing so and do it on the regular. Especially since I'm assuming that you're a regular guy who probably doesn't get thrown into life threatening situations where a single mistake can mean death all that often.
My ability to recognize patterns doesn't change whether or not I'm in a fight. Maybe if I'm angry or really emotional. I wouldn't normally be in a fight, especially not against a standing rat sized opponent.

Also, 682 is someone who's thrown into life threatening situations all the time. He should be more capable than me at recognizing patterns.

Canon 682 is in a perpetual blind rage in combat, its incapable of recognizing patterns, its how 076 was able to do so much damage to it

HierophantDeluxe said:
That's personality and fighting style. Much like The Hulk, Guts, or Josuke and his hair.
Once again no, its not, its a rage state that 682 passively enters in combat, it isnt a personality or fighting style

WeeklyBattles said:
682's Stand would be 'Down with the Sickness'
"I'd hope" the lizard could use someone like "Hey Ya!" to calm it down and make it less pissed off.

WeeklyBattles said:
HierophantDeluxe said:
That's personality and fighting style. Much like The Hulk, Guts, or Josuke and his hair.
Once again no, its not, its a rage state that 682 passively enters in combat, it isnt a personality or fighting style
Not mentioned on his profile, where are you getting this from?

What IS mentioned is that he can enter a mindless berkserk mode. That's not the same thing as passively being forced into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back