• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-682: The Revisioning.

No, Weekly, I'm not trying to downgrade/revise the whole verse.

But what I am trying to do is upgrade his Regen!

What happened to the gecko:

Item: SCP-3930
Tissue Test Record: SCP-682's tissue was brought into the void, and ceased existing.

Termination Test Record: SCP-682 is introduced to SCP-3930, and successfully ceases existing. However, despite SCP-682 no longer existing, Foundation personnel still perceive SCP-682. When the entity is looked at, a vivid image or memory is recalled in the brain of personnel that is described as resembling the appearance of SCP-682. This entity has been observed "attacking" personnel, killing them, despite the fact that SCP-682 does not exist during these attacks. It should be noted that personnel killed in this manner died when their brains ceased to function, despite the appearance of "physical damage" occurring on their bodies. All destruction caused by this entity becomes "real", even if the entity that caused it didn't. 15 hours later, SCP-682 was found within its containment chamber. It is unknown how SCP-682 managed to gain existence after this incident.
~ Thing that happened
(Bolded part are for emphasis)

What we can get out of this:

SCP-682 was erased from existence, and then while being Nonexistent he proceeded to attack and kill many personnel, he then Regenerated back into his cell.

This, at least, should be evidence for Mid-Godly or some sort of nonexistent physiology for 682 (when he is erased).

Also, it should be noted that SCP-682 doesn't even need to regenerate while Nonexistent to attack and kill its enemies, as even while SCP-682 has ceased to exist SCP-682 can physically damage (and, according to the experiment log, SCP-682 is even able to shut down a target's brain while Nonexistent) and kill its enemies.

TL;DR 682 can survive and regenerate from being erased, and can kill while not existing.

No, Gorechild would neg the Gecko's regen (like it did with UKG) so...

Either way it seems fine.

40k 2 OP pls nerf.

Agree: 2

Disagree: 0

I mean, since this is a fairly small revision it would only need four people to agree?

Also @Gar what do you think of the 'Can kill while not existing' thing?

Agree: 3 (@Gar, @Edward, @Weekly (I asked Weekly on his wall and he said yes))

One more person needs to agree.

Then the Regen Gecko can get an acceptable level of Regen.

I'm in agreement. Though, this would affect some of it's previous matches.

Agree: 5 (@Gar, @Edward, @Weekly, @Ovens, @Rikimarox)

Pretty sure the changes can be applied now.

Idk if that counts as Mid-Godly. 682's variant of Low-Godly would be already enough to come back from that.

Is there anything suggesting that it affected 682's consciousness?

Being able to affect things while non-existent looks fine.

Kaltias said:
Idk if that counts as Mid-Godly. 682's variant of Low-Godly would be already enough to come back from that.
Is there anything suggesting that it affected 682's consciousness?

Being able to affect things while non-existent looks fine.
I mean, when SCP-3930 erases something, it erases them completely.

Consciousness and all.

I recall Weekly saying something about 3930 having 1-B erasure.

• SCP-3930 does not exist.
  • SCP-3930 is not a physical location, point in time, singularity, vacuum, extradimensional space, meta construct, or any other extant descriptive, as a requirement for any such descriptive is existence, which SCP-3930 lacks.
  • SCP-3930 cannot be said to be anything, regardless of its perceived properties.
  • As SCP-3930 does not exist, it cannot contain anything that exists. Due to this, anything that attempts to pass through or enter SCP-3930, which is impossible due to SCP-3930 being nonexistent, will also cease to exist.
  • Despite all of the above, human beings will still perceive SCP-3930 as perceptible and things that become non-existent due to SCP-3930 as similarly perceptible.
Basically this is what 3930 does

Agree: 6 (@Gar, @Edward, @Weekly, @Ovens, @Rikimarox, @Jamesthetaker)

Pretty sure the max we should need is 7 people agreeing.

Agree: 7 (@Gar, @Edward, @Weekly, @Ovens, @Rikimarox, @Jamesthetaker, @Warren)

And thats a wrap.

I'm 98% sure the changes can be applied now.

Agree: 8 (@Gar, @Edward, @Weekly, @Ovens, @Rikimarox, @Jamesthetaker, @Warren, @Koitern)

Disagree: 0.

Pretty sure this can be applied now.

Question; how do we know that this also destroyed 682's metaphysical essence, as well? Because the Foundation has straight up said it's playing by a different set of rules and not of this universe, and almost everything else erased by 3930 was a person. They didn't exactly have a bar set for just how well this would work, and wouldn't really know if they actually succeeded in making the metaphysical 682 nonexistent or just its body.

It seems weird to say it has this essence so far above normal reality but then also assume this essence was erased in this case just because the Foundation believed 682 had ceased to exist.

@Azathoth

The foundation has dealt with many existence erasing SCPs and whatnot. I'm pretty sure they understand what it is better then we do.

Back