• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-001 (Andrew Swann's proposal) Upgrade

Reading 2510's entry what tier would it even be? Also, though this may change in the future, we don't scale SCPs to each other. Heck if you wanted a good SCP to try to scale 001 to you shoulda gone with 1831, that woulda made 001 High 1-C.

Although...the description of the Demiurge is...interesting to say the least, we may have found a 1-B to High 1-B deity in the SCPverse.

WeeklyBattles said:
Reading 2510's entry what tier would it even be? Also, though this may change in the future, we don't scale SCPs to each other. Heck if you wanted a good SCP to try to scale 001 to you shoulda gone with 1831, that woulda made 001 High 1-C.
Although...the description of the Demiurge is...interesting to say the least, we may have found a 1-B to High 1-B deity in the SCPverse.
Yaldabaoth. I'm planning on making a profile for it. But What would make it 1-B to high 1-B?

WeeklyBattles said:
Heck if you wanted a good SCP to try to scale 001 to you shoulda gone with 1831, that woulda made 001 High 1-C.
Wait... a 10-D SCP? Holy ******* shit, how did I miss this?

The line about it emcompassing all dimensions and all creation

"All dimensions, all realities; time and space - the Demiurge will manifest itself across every possible iteration of existence. All that we have achieved here will be undone in an instant."

I might be misreading it but wouldnt encompassing all dimensions make it 1-B/High 1-B?

WeeklyBattles said:
The line about it emcompassing all dimensions and all creation
"All dimensions, all realities; time and space - the Demiurge will manifest itself across every possible iteration of existence. All that we have achieved here will be undone in an instant."

I might be misreading it but wouldnt encompassing all dimensions make it 1-B/High 1-B?
Someone get an admin to unlock it then, that would make it high 1-B.

Well like Cal pointed out it depends on the amount of dimensions in the verse, and we currently only know that 11 exist, so Yaldabaoth and Makhane would only be High 1-C

I'm just gonna put the article for 2264 here as well.

2264 is essentially a city, called Alagadda, which serves as a dimensional hub in which higher and lower-dimensions all intersect and beings from said higher and lower dimensions can interact with each other. This goes so far as to translate spoken and most written language as well.

"Architecture is non-euclidean and the normal laws of gravity do not apply, thus inhabitants can be observed as climbing a stairway upside-down, but based on their own gravity source, they are climbing normally."

"I was able to gather much of this information from the Wandsman of Kul-Manas, a scholar and foreigner like myself. They wore a beaked mask and exquisite robes cloaked their hunchbacked form; their hands were scaly (more avian than reptilian) with black talons. They unfurled a scroll before me, said it was a map of the multiverse - layer after layer of endless spirals - I sense an oncoming migraine just thinking about it now.

Regardless, I was pleased to meet a fellow intellectual within. I asked them about the nature of their research. "What is the nature of all that is?" they asked, I assumed rhetorically. "Just for a start," they noted."

"I decided it time to report back, gathered the others (pulling a few from the writhing mound of masked transdimensional entities); the first door we entered was the one to return us to baseline reality. I suspect that SCP-2264-B is a dimensional nexus, connected to countless worlds across the multiverse."

"The collection was impressive and could have been infinite in size for all I knew (there was no visible end to the room, the corridor stretching long into the horizon). I wandered the seemingly endless hall, Agent Cromwell and Dr. Yu at my side, in search of SCP-2264-2. I scanned through a few grimoires and scrolls, the alien symbols failing to translate (leading me to suspect that no earthly translation was possible)."

Could lead to something higher than 11-D...

Okay, so an admin on the SCP site told me that both M Theory and Hilbert space can be used to fit your writing, so this could imply that Demiurge manifesting across all dimensions could be leading towards high 1-B?

Link? Kinda figured Hilbert space was used but its good to have a confirmation. And that would potentially make them High 1-B, yes.

Precisely for that reply I think it's a bad idea to simply scale this to existing SCPs. I already gave my input on the matter in the other thread. SCP-001 isn't supposed to be some character bound in-universe, it's supposed to be us. The author has kinda confirmed it in the comments of the page.

@Loli We already have author characters, there is no problem with 001 being the author of the SCP verse. Thing is even if we ignore 001 this upgrade would still scale to the likes of Mekhane, Yaldabaoth, and the Hanged King. And technically 001 wouldnt be bound in-universe, i'd just be above everything else.

Ringo's statement is in no way usable. It's just the Admin saying that writers can do what they want.

The infinite layer of spirals is way too vague to be High 1-B.

"Beyond all dimensions"- the tier from this would depend on the number of dimensions in the particular verse. This doesnt make someone High 1-B automatically. IIRC SCP's world has like 11 dimensions or something? So beyond all of that would be Low 1-B

@TLT1 If the statement from the admin is to be taken seriously they potentially use the infinite-dimensional Hilbert space

WeeklyBattles said:
@Loli We already have author characters, there is no problem with 001 being the author of the SCP verse. Thing is even if we ignore 001 this upgrade would still scale to the likes of Mekhane, Yaldabaoth, and the Hanged King. And technically 001 wouldnt be bound in-universe, i'd just be above everything else.
I can see your point, but I think there's quite some difference between the author avatars and the way 001 has been written. The author hasn't tried to put a "face" on 001 so much as the author avatars you represented were faces of their respective authors. He tried referring to us, not himself specifically, us, as real things with a link to a fictional setting as well as he could to cause an impression, since that is the entire point of this 001. And I also believe it's different because the Foundation is a continuous project and not an entirely finished and closed one, and a project where anyone who can register, including you and me, can take part, and write an SCP, no matter how wild, and as long as it's well written it will remain.

Since we hold the power in this setting, I'd find it perfectly justifiable to therefore claim 001 as capable of everything.

@WeeklyBattles

If the admin's statement is to be taken seriously, then whatever you use doesn't matter, and that means we cannot scale this. It means the multiverse could be Infinite-Dimensional in one story and only 11-D in another, and that there would theoretically be zero canon for the multiverse itself.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
@WeeklyBattles

If the admin's statement is to be taken seriously, then whatever you use doesn't matter, and that means we cannot scale this. It means the multiverse could be Infinite-Dimensional in one story and only 11-D in another, and that there would theoretically be zero canon for the multiverse itself.
True, however I still think there should be an upgrade as the entirety of the SCP verse is stated to be nonsensical fiction to us, and 001 is essentially, well, us. This should include methane and Yaldabaoth. (1831 was used to scale Yaldabaoth so this should be no different)

WeeklyBattles said:
Bump, could really use some more input on this, this could be a really, really big upgrade
I think this could possibly end up as a Low 1-B for 001, unless someone decides to make an outerversal SCP as we're debating this

I can see your point, but I think there's quite some difference between the author avatars and the way 001 has been written. The author hasn't tried to put a "face" on 001 so much as the author avatars you represented were faces of their respective authors. He tried referring to us, not himself specifically, us, as real things with a link to a fictional setting as well as he could to cause an impression, since that is the entire point of this 001. And I also believe it's different because the Foundation is a continuous project and not an entirely finished and closed one, and a project where anyone who can register, including you and me, can take part, and write an SCP, no matter how wild, and as long as it's well written it will remain.

Since we hold the power in this setting, I'd find it perfectly justifiable to therefore claim 001 as capable of everything.

True, I could easily make an outerversal SCP right now with enough refining and prep and it would count as 001 creating it.

Back