• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Scout and Johnny Cage in: Fortress of Kombat 2 grace

Scout vs Johnny Cage
(scout and spy were sent to infiltrate and steal important Intel from a special forces base.)
So what's so important about this secret crap again?
I don't know and I don't need to what's important is that we don't get captured. the special forces handle beings far beyond the capabilities of a few mercenaries, so I suggest you keep your mouth shut.
Jeez alright.
keep watch, if anyone approaches warn me.
yeah yeah I gotcha.
(scout immediately ignored this and started goofing off. when he suddenly heard a voice from behind)
You lost?
oh uh I um, crap.
seems a little suspicious, some random guy snooping around a military base in the middle of nowhere.
yeah so you see the funny thing is... hey your Johnny cage!
huh?
oh man i love your movies. ninja mime was awesome
...yeah it's always nice to meet a fan but uh, your gonna have to come with me.
oh sorry I'd like to but uh. im gonna have to skip on that gotta get back to the base.
well thats not happening. whatever you took your gonna put back and then you and me are gonna take a little trip down to that base you were talking about.
ok yeah we'll see. come out spy lets get em. spy?
(A door is heard opening and quickly being shut)
ah whatever I don't need him. yeah ok Johnny cage vs The Scout lets do this (scout readied his scatter gun)
what was that thing you used to say "hyaaaa"

W-Ugh (Cage shook his head as he got into his fighting stance)
Both are 9-A
Speed is equal
Standard Equipment for both
Fight takes place in a special forces base​
Scout: Crackervolley, soupywolf5, Joaco0902Cage: Ecstasy_amphetamine, waka1979, Peppersalt43, J.J._Chambers, ThePrimalHunter, Stillwinston, sonicflare9

Last edited:
BUMP
_sfm_not_what_i_meant_by_the_splits__by_axistryker_ddi0zbx-pre.jpg

Last edited:
Just to be clear, is this past Johnny or present Johnny? There's no keys for that stuff but you did link to Johnny's past self, not to mention that they approach battle with different personalities and mindsets.

I don't like pitting two characters that I like storywise againt each other but...

...I think Johnny has the stats and skill advantage in this match.

Is Johnny's drone part of standard equipment? It's basically a flying mini-sentry, and the normal ones already tend to **** scouts up in normal gameplay (citation: I like battle engie).

In that case, Scout generally has the range advantage, considering how small of a space forceballs covers (in a 3D enviroment at least, idk how they fair as a fireball in MK) while Scout just has pistols and multiple throwing weapons alongside just decent peppering damage from his primaries. Meanwhile, if Johnny gets in close quarters, Scout just gets ****** lol.

I would like to know the AP difference between the two, but for the moment Scout has way better mobility and the double jump to just stay out of Johnny's threat bubble.

I vote Scout for the moment.

Still a relatively small projectile with what appears to be a minimal explosion radius. Remember, this combat takes place out of the relatively contained arenas in fighting games, Scout's gonna be running in and around an open space.

Still a relatively small projectile with what appears to be a minimal explosion radius. Remember, this combat takes place out of the relatively contained arenas in fighting games, Scout's gonna be running in and around an open space.
In that case, Scout generally has the range advantage, considering how small of a space forceballs covers (in a 3D enviroment at least, idk how they fair as a fireball in MK) while Scout just has pistols and multiple throwing weapons alongside just decent peppering damage from his primaries. Meanwhile, if Johnny gets in close quarters, Scout just gets ****** lol.

I would like to know the AP difference between the two, but for the moment Scout has way better mobility and the double jump to just stay out of Johnny's threat bubble.

I vote Scout for the moment.
So these don't really make sense, because if I'm not mistaken, the SF base is a compound of buildings and not some open space, at least from what we've seen from cutscenes and stages. Sure it appears to be in the middle of a vast American desert, but that wouldn't be the SF base anymore.

Okay so the battlefield is now a much tighter space. This should benefit both combatants, but it should be better for Cage because he's much more familiar with the layout having served in that base for at most a few years. Scout is a stranger to that place.

In terms of AP and other related stats, Cage has a small ~1.5x advantage over Scout in all stat departments. He can further amplify that to an unknown but definitely higher degree with his green magic.

Cage should be more skilled here with his many years spent fighting beings beyond Scout's caliber. I'd argue that Reptile, a guy that Cage defeated before, has a better form of acrobatics and maneuverability than Scout, so Cage should be able to keep up with someone as jumpy as Scout. Not to mention that Cage himself is quite fast and acrobatic during battle.

After giving it some thought, I'm still sticking with Scout. Looking at the official art and renders of the base, the more cramped rooms don't look too bad for Scout. He (or at least the in-game representation of Scout) can fair somewhat decently on semi-cluttered maps such as Steel and Turbine, not to mention Scout can just bail to the more outdoor areas that are still in the area (the airplane hanger looking stage literally has an exit like 20m away in the background). I just don't think the forceball is a good enough projectile to hit Scout for maybe once or twice, nor do I think Cage has the tools needed to corner and keep Scout in fisticuffs range.

After giving it some thought, I'm still sticking with Scout. Looking at the official art and renders of the base, the more cramped rooms don't look too bad for Scout. He (or at least the in-game representation of Scout) can fair somewhat decently on semi-cluttered maps such as Steel and Turbine, not to mention Scout can just bail to the more outdoor areas that are still in the area (the airplane hanger looking stage literally has an exit like 20m away in the background). I just don't think the forceball is a good enough projectile to hit Scout for maybe once or twice, nor do I think Cage has the tools needed to corner and keep Scout in fisticuffs range.
I already said that both would benefit from the closed space as the battlefield, but Scout is more effective if he's familiar with the map. Scout has absolutely no prior knowledge on a place that Cage knows like the back of his hand thanks to the time that he spent serving there. And unfortunately for Scout, we don't often use gameplay elements in debating because of the amount of problems and inconsistencies it can garner outside of gameplay like the story.

As for Scout bringing the fight to the outside area, Cage fought and defeated Sektor (a fairly acrobatic fighter with teleportation) in an open desert space surrounding the same base as this one, so I fail to see how that's an advantage for him. He also beat Scorpion the first time he fought him in MKX in the open ruins of a city, who should be far better than Scout in terms of movement with his tendency to use teleportation in a fight. Not to mention that Scout doesn't jump high enough to be unreachable to Cage without high ground, which he lacks knowledge of in a place he is unfamiliar with.

Like I said, Cage should have no problem dealing with Scout's movements. You're assuming that Cage can't hit Scout because he can't follow his movements and that his projectiles are too small to hit him. What if I told you that Cage has a projectile that's just as big as himself? His energy clones can knock Scout of the air if he tries strafing and jumping around him.

A.) Neither Reptile or Scorpion has the consistent mid-range damage of a decently fast firing shotgun (then again that may be a bit less destructive due to AP difference, then then again, Scout can easily clean through the durability of characters twice or more tanky than Scout is himself).

B.) It's not necessarily hard to find high ground even if you're unfamiliar with an area. It quite literally is high ground. Not to mention, Scout has multiple weapons that supply him with further mobility (Atomizer, FaN, Soda Popper, Winger, although that last one may be obsolete since Scout needs to fill a damage meter, at least in-game, and to do that, he would likely need to kill Johnny several times over).

C.) Scout has canonically shown to be able to evade bullet fire from a level one Sentry (this isn't really a speed explanation more than it is Scout being able to outpace the generally good tracking programing of the sentry, the machine designed by a man with multiple PhDs).

D.) It may be just because MKX moveset guides were made in 2015 and not particularly thorough, but it seems that these energy clones do have much in terms of vertical area coverage, only horizontal. Yes that's a good thing, but it still seems like Johnny needing to guess if he needs to predict if Scout will be in the air or on the ground is a week compared to "Just fill the opponent with lead and the occasional sharp object". Scout also has a few healing tools to keep himself from getting worn down by projectiles.

E.) I still honestly think that Scout's mobility is still enough to out do Cage in terms of ground coverage, variation in horizontal movement, and accessing areas (a standard double jump reaches about 1.7 meters, since a single jump in TF2 reaches to about 45 hammer units), even if it's a bit more simple in function than teleportation.

A.) Neither Reptile or Scorpion has the consistent mid-range damage of a decently fast firing shotgun (then again that may be a bit less destructive due to AP difference, then then again, Scout can easily clean through the durability of characters twice or more tanky than Scout is himself).
Yes, they don't have that because their powers are better than what a firearm can give and because of the following: both are fast and acrobatic fighters, Reptile has stealth camo, Scorpion has quick trigger teleportation, and they respectively have acid spit and ranged hellfire. Combining all of that makes an opponent who is more destructive than a firearm. I have to point out that speed is equalized and Cage can dodge bullets and scales to others who can do that, so I don't see how Cage just moves out of the way.
B.) It's not necessarily hard to find high ground even if you're unfamiliar with an area. It quite literally is high ground. Not to mention, Scout has multiple weapons that supply him with further mobility (Atomizer, FaN, Soda Popper, Winger, although that last one may be obsolete since Scout needs to fill a damage meter, at least in-game, and to do that, he would likely need to kill Johnny several times over).
The entire base appears to have no stairs that overlook open areas or give good vantage points, consists of claustrophobic corridors connecting all the rooms together, and the only high ground that he can access are the tanks and scaffolding. Thing is, they also provide decent cover for Cage. With its high ceiling and no ledge overlooking the entire place, the garage is as open as it is cramped. Standard equipment only btw and even if he had the weapons that you said, Scout will be wasting precious time swapping his weapons when he should've been using it for killing.
C.) Scout has canonically shown to be able to evade bullet fire from a level one Sentry (this isn't really a speed explanation more than it is Scout being able to outpace the generally good tracking programing of the sentry, the machine designed by a man with multiple PhDs)
I've watched the Meet the Team videos many times, and I don't recall Scout blatantly dodging bullet fire from the level 1 sentry in his video. You might have to consider that there were multiple targets alongside Scout which might've affected how the sentry was targeting and shooting at them, not to mention that the sentry was on the high ground which lessens its view on targets who go below it, which Scout did when he entered the covered railway that it was standing on. Compared to the multiple sentries in Meet the Engineer that can take on a small army of mercs, I don't think Scout's feat is impressive.
D.) It may be just because MKX moveset guides were made in 2015 and not particularly thorough, but it seems that these energy clones do have much in terms of vertical area coverage, only horizontal. Yes that's a good thing, but it still seems like Johnny needing to guess if he needs to predict if Scout will be in the air or on the ground is a week compared to "Just fill the opponent with lead and the occasional sharp object". Scout also has a few healing tools to keep himself from getting worn down by projectiles.
They can cover both horizontal and vertical actually. They copy his movements if he wills it, so Cage's clone can go for a helicopter kick to cover that. Scout only has his standard equipment btw, so I don't think he'd be bringing his healing items, plus I don't recall them having a lore related reason why they can heal outside of gameplay mechanics.
E.) I still honestly think that Scout's mobility is still enough to out do Cage in terms of ground coverage, variation in horizontal movement, and accessing areas (a standard double jump reaches about 1.7 meters, since a single jump in TF2 reaches to about 45 hammer units), even if it's a bit more simple in function than teleportation.
Reptile and Baraka can jump higher than that in battle and Cage defeated them both even though he was casual about their fight and wasn't aware that they were actual kombatants who were going to kill him.

Back