• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scaling Ruby Rose's Sliver Eyes Attack Potency

The latest chapter in RWBY has provided a decent display of Ruby Rose's SE (Sliver Eyes) abilities beyond freezing/petrification that have been previously displayed. [1]

I would like to see if someone could pixel scale the AOE of the SE attack in Volume 6 Chapter 6. [2]

As for AP, the horde of Apathy that Ruby disintegrated are likely as strong if not stronger than a standard Lancers. Although one of Apathy was shot by Ruby and was completely unaffected by it, despite not knowing the specific dust type (if any at all) we can assume the bullet is as strong as it as against the Berignel. [3]

Assuming the Apathy are slightly stronger individually than the Lancers. Being put at a lower 8-C level. A horde of Apathy are still around 8-C then considering how much energy it takes to vaporize a building.

Calculations:

Low Ball:
2 tons x 27 = 54 tons

This puts the SE at 8-B which is City Block level.

High Ball: 11 tons x 49 (total seen in the tunnels) = 539 tons

This puts the SE at 8-A which is Multi City Block level.

WHEN The Apathy get raised to 8-B:

Low Ball:
11 tons x 27 (the show at any point) = 297 tons

This puts the SE at 8-A which is Multi City Block level.

High Ball: 100 tons x 49 (total seen in the tunnels) = 4,900 tons

This puts the SE at Low 7-C which is Small Town level.

Conclusions:

That makes the Silver Eyes a casual AP between 8-B and 8-A which is City Block - Multi-City Block level.

And if we take into account Ruby turned a Wyvern to stone, then you could say SE are max 7-C ignoring conventional durability.

With the possible change to The Apathy, they'd be between 8-A and Low 7-C which is Multi-City Block - Small Town level.

The grimm she vaporized have High 8-C (Soon to be 8-B) Durability and she defeated a Low 7-C grimm with it before she even knew how to use them

The Apathy

WeeklyBattles said:
The grimm she vaporized have High 8-C (Soon to be 8-B) Durability and she defeated a Low 7-C grimm with it before she even knew how to use them
The Apathy
The Apathy being large building due to taking no damage a non dust bullet and supposidly having mninal reaction to fire doesn't make sense. It was just normal fire that Weiss used and we don't know the result of tha action. If anything, it would make them weaker to be killed by the fire.

Weiss doesnt have normal fire though, all she uses is Dust fire and they werent even killed by it, even when she set them on fire they kept coming and showed no sign of being harmed by it let alone killed by it

WeeklyBattles said:
Weiss doesnt have normal fire though, all she uses is Dust fire and they werent even killed by it, even when she set them on fire they kept coming and showed no sign of being harmed by it let alone killed by it
Weiss' fireball do act like conventional fire but when she emitted fire on The Apathy, and in any previous examples, it shows nothing that would make us assume that it is anything different from fire we know. So them not dying to normal fire isn't a feat to make them more durable.

DMUA said:
I'm not really sure you can apply AP to it honestly
It's kinda a sort of anti Grimm attack, it seems like calling someone "4-B with Kryptonite"

Not to mention generally just killing these creatures is a bit more then vaporizing something of it's mass.
Even if you grand stand that its a hax, you can scale hacks so that is a non-point to my post.

Community Gamer said:
Even if you grand stand that its a hack, you can scale hacks so that is a non-point to my post.
Hax having AP is an exception, not a rule.

Bypassing durability doesn't get a tier because it wouldn't really be overpowering the durability of what it's used on.

For a representation of this concept

AP would be charging through the doorway, smashing it to pieces and letting you get inside.

Hax is just taking out a skeleton key and unlocking the door.

The skeleton key wouldn't be wall level for getting around durability. Likewise, vaporizing something with the very thing they are vunerable to is also not really AP.

DMUA said:
Community Gamer said:
Even if you grand stand that its a hack, you can scale hacks so that is a non-point to my post.
Hax having AP is an exception, not a rule.
Bypassing durability doesn't getthe a tier because it wouldn't really be overpowering the durability of what it's used on.

For a representation of this concept

AP would be charging through the doorway, smashing it to pieces and letting you get inside.

Hax is just taking out a skeleton key and unlocking the door.

The skeleton key wouldn't be wall level for getting around durability. Likewise, vaporizing something with the very thing they are vunerable to is also not really AP.
I was honestly just baiting him in order to draw out a less vague explanation, I don't think the Weiss' profile elaborates this well if at all. I could argue against your anology and what actually defines a hax, as well as who should define it but that isn't beneficial toward my post.

>baiting him

Baldi doing the fortnite default dance
Sometimes you just don't know how to reply to something so you post the default dance

Legit, though, Silver Eyes right now is barely explained. This is the best we're getting for now.

DMUA said:
>baiting him
Baldi doing the fortnite default dance
Sometimes you just don't know how to reply to something so you post the default dance
Not in a malicious way, just testing to see what his positions were. As well as his knowledge, lets move with the new Apathy scaling.

What is the best feat that Post-Timeskip Ruby has had with a single bullet?

And regarding the fire, it pretty clearly isn't just pure Dust Fire. She set a bunch of smashed bottles of alcohol on fire using her weapon. So while she used Dust Fire as the catalyst, that is not the whole attack.

I like you. Damage3245 said:
What is the best feat that Post-Timeskip Ruby has had with a single bullet?
And regarding the fire, it pretty clearly isn't just pure Dust Fire. She set a bunch of smashed bottles of alcohol on fire using her weapon. So while she used Dust Fire as the catalyst, that is not the whole attack.
I like you, you understand me.

Creatures of darkness (Grimm) can be petrified (turned to stone) or vaporized by Silver Eyes which for all intents and purposes are light manipulation since they are from the God of Light.

Basically this has nothing to do with AP, it's purely hax and circumstantial hax at that. It only hurts Grimm (probably Maidens too but that could get retconned).

Although I'd like to note that only small Grimm were vaporized, all of the larger Grimm were turned to stone.

Nico-v11 said:
Creatures of darkness (Grimm) can be petrified (turned to stone) or vaporized by Silver Eyes which for all intents and purposes are light manipulation since they are from the God of Light.
Basically this has nothing to do with AP, it's purely hax and circumstantial hax at that. It only hurts Grimm (probably Maidens too but that could get retconned).

Although I'd like to note that only small Grimm were vaporized, all of the larger Grimm were turned to stone.
Even if you say its a hax which it clearly isn't becuase they don't always one shot as shown by Ruby when she used her SE and it only pushed them back. Hax can have AP and be scaled because they have limits, like how it only works on Grimm. SE don't work on Maidens, when Salem said newfound power she was refering to Cinder's Grimm arm and this more obvious with "her treatment" which was Cinder making the Grimm be afraid of her so she could control it. The size of the Grimm is irrelevant to the SE power until shown otherwise. That is just headcannon, but most of what you said has nothing to do with the post I made.

Hax by definition doesn't have AP. If it did, it wouldn't be hax.

Silver Eyes have been shown to be anti-everything made by the GoD, which includes magic.

Cinder didn't have a Grimm arm when Ruby's eyes were used on her but did have the power of a Maiden (magic).

The size of Grimm clearly does have a bearing on it seeing as smaller Grimm get vaporized while the larger ones get petrified. There is clearly a trend when the same result occurs when both an experienced and noob SE warrior use it against Grimm.

WeeklyBattles said:
Killing the Beringel
Ruby also shot the Beringel multiple times in the head before that and did no damage so how does that add up?

@Community Gamer what I'm saying is that there is no AP value for Silver Eyes. She's still a novice at it so any time she hasn't instantly killed a Grimm means she didn't actually get a hit in, not an effective one anyway.

I mean clearly she turned the Grimmest Dragon to stone. Which is already a massively more powerful Grimm than the Apathy who she ay first didn't hurt too bad because 1. she really didn't know what she was doing, 2. was not nearly as emotional as before (Pyrrha dying being the major catalyst).

In regards to Silver Eyes working on Maidens, I said that could be a retcon. Seeing how Cinder lost an eye, her voice, and arm to Ruby before having any Grimm. However MAYBE she DID have some sort of Grimm or whatnot and we just don't know or there's more rules to Silver Eyes that we don't know. Regardless doesn't matter for this.

Yeah size so far hasn't meant anything but it's been consistent that small Grimm = vaporized while large Grimm = turned to stone. Heck if I know.

@Damage3245 weeeelllll Ruby killed it with a point blank shot from Crescent Rose, also she shot it in the face. All the other shot could have just penetrated the skin but not hit anything too important.

So like when someone shoots a bear with a rifle in the chest or back, it's not gonna stop it nowhere close, but if you shoot it in the face while holding the rifle 5 inches from its face then yeah it's gonna die.

That's all not considering Ruby could have shot through the eye....or that general area which should be weaker than anywhere else.

I know. I'm just saying it could get retconned or revealed to be something else seeing how the story is framing it

@Nico-v11, also taking into account that Ruby stabbed it in the chest before shooting it in the head and they contributed a lot to finishing it off.

Though I think the Beringel being rated as High 8-C for giving her a difficult fight is a bit odd. It never hurt her at any point that I can recall and it has no significant feats other than partially collapsing the roof of a decaying building.

It ragdoll ed her and she was unable to harm it at different points during the fight with both her scythe and her rifle

WeeklyBattles said:
It ragdoll ed her and she was unable to harm it at different points during the fight with both her scythe and her rifle
It seemingly never comes close to breaking her Aura or dealing any significant damage despite landing multiple good hits on her. Simply sending her flying isn't a solid feat (especially when she isn't expecting it, or when it lifts her off the ground beforehand).

And the latter point is evidence for its durability, not its AP.

So how is 'Gave Ruby a difficult fight' evidence for a solid High 8-C AP rating?

@Damage3245

The simple fact that it tanked hits from her and still managed to hurt her a couple of times. Punching her which sent her flying also sending her flying with a shockwave.

I mean come on it's clearly shown to be her equal or more powerful in terms of raw power or physique in general.

Perhaps the description for it can be updated to be a bit more thorough then? Because right now there is nothing for its durability when it should say something along the lines of:

- Blocked several shots from Crescent Rose, Ruby had difficult cutting into its body.

Thanks. I usually dislike when explanations are missing on profiles.

Back