• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Calculation Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
Chojuro Stone Hand - Multi-City Block level (260.58 Tons of TNT)

This calc is bad. Didn't take into account the fact that all the mass didn't move the same distance, thus not the same speed.

This one is better. It fixes the issues. Also, I'd like some evaluations please.

Mahito's Body Repel - Multi-City Block level (230.46 Tons of TNT)

Bad. Assume the subway is made of rock and not concrete, and uses 5% hollowness.

I fixed both of these issues. And used more accurate and detailed information to calc. Also need evaluation.

Hanami's tree creation - Multi-City Block level (115.8 Tons of TNT)

@SunDaGamer remade the calc here. The speed he found using a more accurate frame by frame analysis gives us Transonic speeds, which can't be used because of his reasonings that I will quote:
I've recounted the number of frames in the anime with watchbyframe and the longest I can possibly see it being is 4 frames, a 0.16 second timeframe results in Transonic speed (55.2311111111/0.16 = 345.2 m/s) which doesn't work because Hanami's large range tree attacks sacrifice power and speed and Yuji and Todo are perfectly capable of reacting to it making them slower than Naoya who must stack his technique to surpass Subsonic speed and blitzed a more developed Yuji without doing so, Naobito is the fastest Jujutsu Sorcerer, excluding Gojo, making him Transonic at max speed like Naoya which caps many JJK characters below Mach 1 including Hanami. Therefore I will use a 1 second timeframe off of the manga panel instead.
The second Finger bearer creates a crater - Building level (0.514 Tons of TNT)

New calc. Much more accurate than mine and better pixelscaling.

Last edited:
If you're lazy and want to know the results of the new calculations:
  • Chojuro's Calc: 1.25 Tons of TNT (Building level).
  • Mahito's Calc: 11.6 Tons of TNT (City Block level) | 49.3 Tons of TNT (City Block level) | 113.2 Tons of TNT (Multi-City Block level)
  • Hanami's Calc: 6.67 Tons of TNT (Large Building level+)

Bad. Assume the subway is made of rock and not concrete, and uses 5% hollowness.
Yes, because my calc is about Mahito shaking the whole area, not only the subway. There way more rock than just concrete in the underground.

But anyway, it's wrong by other reasons. Sun already fixed it

All seem fine mathematically and as said already they do indeed fix the problems with the previous calcs

I'm confused on the Hanami calc, I thought when we have a timeframe from the anime we use it over assuming a time-frame? You even use a timeframe from the anime for the new mahito calc.

I'm confused on the Hanami calc, I thought when we have a timeframe from the anime we use it over assuming a time-frame? You even use a timeframe from the anime for the new mahito calc.
It's because the anime timeframe causes Hanami's big tree attack that canonically sacrifices speed for range to become as fast as Naoya's top speed which contradicts in-verse statements and showings. The anime timeframe for Mahito's shaking has no issues like that.

But we don't calculate speed from kinetic energy calcs in the first place. We're not allowed to unless certain standards are met so it wouldn't be used for scaling in the first place. And still we have a canonical timeframe from the anime, which is normally seen as the better option than assuming a timeframe.

But we don't calculate speed from kinetic energy calcs in the first place. We're not allowed to unless certain standards are met so it wouldn't be used for scaling in the first place. And still we have a canonical timeframe from the anime, which is normally seen as the better option than assuming a timeframe.
Hanami's calc isn't calculating speed from kinetic energy, it's calculating speed to get kinetic energy.
The first would be something like multiplying a character's AP by 2 then dividing it by the mass of their arm and square rooting it to get the velocity they punch at based on their AP being kinetic energy from their fists which is not allowed, the second is finding how fast an object moves and then getting their kinetic energy from that like what Hanami's calc does.

Last edited:
The issue with the Hanami calc is that if we calc using anime timeframe, we’d get Transonic speeds, which goes against the manga and how it treats Naoya and Naobito.

Hanami's calc isn't calculating speed from kinetic energy, it's calculating speed to get kinetic energy.
The first would be something like multiplying a character's AP by 2 then dividing it by the mass of their arm and square rooting it to get the speed they punch at based on their AP, the second is finding how fast an object moves to obtain it's kinetic energy.
What? That would mean every kinetic energy calc calculates speed to get kinetic energy and makes the rule nonsense. Since many kinetic energy calcs don't have stated timeframes.

Dude WHAT are you even talking about

This is just a regular KE calc

I'm saying we don't normally scale speed from KE calcs, I thought that's what the rule was disallowing. So whatever the speed of this calc wouldn't be used in the first place for scaling without greater proof it can be used.

It's a redundancy to say you can't calc speed from a KE calc if in order to get Kinetic Energy when most of our KE calcs have to calc speed in the first place.

The problem with the calc isnt the math, is that the timeframe doesnt fit with the narrative of the manga, where an attack meant to be slow is comparable with one of the fastest characters of the verse

What? That would mean every kinetic energy calc calculates speed to get kinetic energy and makes the rule nonsense. Since many kinetic energy calcs don't have stated timeframes.
A kinetic energy calc finds something's speed and mass to get that kinetic energy. The policy against getting speed from kinetic energy is about using a case where the AP of a character's physicals are known and then trying to use that to obtain speed with the kinetic energy formula.

E.g. if Yuji's AP was 95000 joules and his arm weighs 8 kg, using the KE formula would end up with Yuji needing to punch at 154.1104 m/s to reach that

Speed of Hanami’s trees: Transonic

Doesn’t work because: Naoya needs to accelerate to reach this speed

Naoya while not even trying blitzed a faster Yuji than that one

Yuji can dodge Hanami’s actual attacks

A kinetic energy calc finds something's speed and mass to get that kinetic energy. The policy against getting speed from kinetic energy is about using a case where the AP of a character's physicals are known and then trying to use that to obtain speed with the kinetic energy formula
okay, that's what I wasn't understanding.

Speed of Hanami’s trees: Transonic

Doesn’t work because: Naoya needs to accelerate to reach this speed

Naoya while not even trying blitzed a faster Yuji than that one

Yuji can dodge Hanami’s actual attacks
Dodging afaik has a distance element to it, it makes a difference wether or not yuji was 10 meters away or 10cm, so hanamis attack speed can be that fast but whoever is reacting to them isn’t.

Oh thought I commented here before but yes the new calcs are better

I disagree, it looks like a rectangular prism.
purplecover.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back