• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scaling MLP Characters and other details.

What about Shining Armor, Great and Powerful Trixie, Gloriosa Daisy and The Mean Six?
Trixie should be straight up "2-A, possibly Low 1-C" since she scales to characters that are that level.

Trixie's Profile:
At least Country level, likely Multiverse level+, possible Low Complex Multiverse level (Immensely more powerful than Twilight Sparkle, and as the highest level Unicorn, should be comparable to other high level Unicorns such as Shining Armor and Tempest Shadow, also claimed she was superior to Twilight while wearing the amulet)
Shining Armor's Profile (He should remain "2-A, possibly Low 1-C" for these reasons):
Multiverse level+, possible Low Complex Multiverse level (Base Chrysalis couldn't break his shield without greatly weakening him) | Multiverse level+, possible Low Complex Multiverse level (Was powerful enough to easily defeat Queen Chrysalis)
Tempest Shadow's Profile:
Multiverse level+, possibly Low Complex Multiverse level (Kicked a bomb hard enough that it broke through Princess Cadance's shield before it exploded. Fought with Daybreaker, who considers her magic to be extremely powerful), can ignore durability with Obsidian Orbs

The "possibly Low 1-C" tier was only added to those who already had "2-A" which are the following characters:

Alicorns - Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia, Princess Cadance and Princess Luna (Excluding Flurry Heart who is a baby and her tier is Unknown)
Earth Ponies - Pinkamena and Applejack (Only with the keys "Elements of Harmony", "Rainbow Power" and "Chaos Magic" for Pinkie)
Pegasi - Rainbow Dash, Cozy Glow and Shutterfly (Only with the keys "Elements of Harmony", "Rainbow Power" and Alicorn/Chaos Magic for Cozy)
Unicorns - King Sombra, Starlight, Starswirl and Stygian (Coz they're powerful), Rarity (With Elements of Harmony, Rainbow Power and with Spell Book), and there is Trixie with Alicorn Amulet and Shining for being comparable to Queen Chrysalis.
Changelings - Queen Chrysalis (Base and Love-Powered) and King Thorax, and Pharynx for being comparable for some reason to the other two.
Equestria Girls - The Dazzlings (Powered Up and Sirens), Sunset, Rarity, Sci-Twi, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Applejack (With certains keys) and Gloriosa Daisy for being stronger than the Mane Seven.
Others - Discord and Lord Tirek.
Movie Characters - Tempest Shadow and Storm King (With Staff of Sacanas)
IDW Characters - Cosmos

The rest of the characters are not even 2-A so they would not be worth it to be Low 1-C

Well, please make an effort to rationally evaluate if such extreme ratings are truly reasonable for characters like Rainbow Dash and Pharynx, or based on speculation or outliers. 🙏

Well, please make an effort to rationally evaluate if such extreme ratings are truly reasonable for characters like Rainbow Dash and Pharynx, or based on speculation or outliers. 🙏
Rainbow Dash's tier is fine as it is. Since she scales to the Elements of Harmony, which overpowered Nightmare Moon.

Rainbow Dash's profile:
Attack Potency: Country level (Managed to slightly injure a fully grown Dragon, who was capable of violently shaking an entire mountain range by snoring, and even managed to resist his yells slightly. Cleared the skies from Clousdale to Rockville, and made an explosion of this size with her Sonic Rainboom as a filly, and has done so effortlessly ever since. Consistently shown to be equal to Applejack) | Multiverse level+, possibly Low Complex Multiverse level (With the Elements of Harmony) | Multiverse level+, possibly Low Complex Multiverse level (Rainbow Power is said to be the same magic as the Elements of Harmony)
By the way, we forgot to add the "possibly Low 1-C" to the Elements of Harmony page.

As for Pharynx, I'm really not sure he should be "2-A, possibly Low 1-C" due to lack of evidence, we can probably downgrade him to 6-B for now.

What about this "Many will think that lower level characters stay in the same tier, but no, we can add an additional key, characters like Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy and the like are capable of reshaping entire universes when entering StoryWorld, which would give them a tier 3-A or possibly High 3-A. Also, the Bookworm was seen as a simple worm, however it is capable of eating and eliminating stories/realities contained in books. Some characters and spells are capable of erasing worlds in StoryWorld, a Stygian descendant was going to erase all information from all books in Equestria, which means erasing the realities of StoryWorld, this would scale from Low 2-C/2-A to Low 1-C, idk."

The Mane Six only reach Low 1-C with Elements of Harmony and Rainbow Power, which are basically the most powerful things in the verse, so it's okay.

Meanwhile, while Pharynx seems to be comparable to his brother Thorax, it's still very speculative since he only appeared for one episode and that's it, so I'm not so sure if we should give him "Low 1-C" or even "2-A".
The guy shouldn't be stronger than the Pillars, who are all 6-B (except Starswirl).

Rainbow Dash's tier is fine as it is. Since she scales to the Elements of Harmony, which overpowered Nightmare Moon.

Rainbow Dash's profile:
Oh. My apologies. I thought that base Rainbow Dash was Low 1-C for some reason. 🙏
By the way, we forgot to add the "possibly Low 1-C" to the Elements of Harmony page.
That should be handled, yes.
As for Pharynx, I'm really not sure he should be "2-A, possibly Low 1-C" due to lack of evidence, we can probably downgrade him to 6-B for now.
I think so as well. 🙏

What about this "Many will think that lower level characters stay in the same tier, but no, we can add an additional key, characters like Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy and the like are capable of reshaping entire universes when entering StoryWorld, which would give them a tier 3-A or possibly High 3-A. Also, the Bookworm was seen as a simple worm, however it is capable of eating and eliminating stories/realities contained in books. Some characters and spells are capable of erasing worlds in StoryWorld, a Stygian descendant was going to erase all information from all books in Equestria, which means erasing the realities of StoryWorld, this would scale from Low 2-C/2-A to Low 1-C, idk."
I think that would deserve its own key, since the characters are in StoryWorld, which is fictional, but they can't do the same things in real Equestria. Idk what is done in these cases.

However, what we should discuss is the Stygian Descendant, since it was erasing the entire StoryWorld which includes things like mythology, history books, superhero comics with alternate realities, several books that talk about many worlds and even references to the Popular Culture like H.P Lovecraft (Obviously without scaling MLP to Lovecraft), etc.
I proposed giving it "Low 2-C" or "2-A" but no one said anything about it

Equestria Girls - The Dazzlings (Powered Up and Sirens), Sunset, Rarity, Sci-Twi, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Applejack (With certains keys) and Gloriosa Daisy for being stronger than the Mane Seven.
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this one, just cause I don't think the Equestria Girls characters are remotely as powerful, even with their higher magic forms

But I suppose this is just a "they get their power from the Element of Magic, and a fraction of infinity is still infinity" argument.

Wait, nevermind. Reread the profiles and it's Starswirl scaling. Still not sure how I feel about it, but ignore what I said prior

Yeah, I don't know if this is the right thread, but I do think Equestria Girls should be reevaluated. The Dazzlings never actually FIGHT Starswirl.

In the original FIENDship comic, they enter a several week-long Magic War, but that's exclusively combating musical talent, before portaling them when he's fed up. And in the later retcon from Legends of Magic, the Pillars again don't actually fight the Dazzllings. Flash distracts the Dazzlings while the others pacify the mind controlled ponies, then Starswirl immediately BFRs them with a portal.

I'm also not sure where the notion that they're stronger outright came from, considering Starswirl completely nosold their mind control and matched the three of them in both stories

Last edited:
I think that Robot972 makes good points here about the Equestria Girls characters. 🙏

Yeah, I don't know if this is the right thread, but I do think Equestria Girls should be reevaluated. The Dazzlings never actually FIGHT Starswirl.

In the original FIENDship comic, they enter a several week-long Magic War, but that's exclusively combating musical talent, before portaling them when he's fed up. And in the later retcon from Legends of Magic, the Pillars again don't actually fight the Dazzllings. Flash distracts the Dazzlings while the others pacify the mind controlled ponies, then Starswirl immediately BFRs them with a portal.

I'm also not sure where the notion that they're stronger outright came from, considering Starswirl completely nosold their mind control and matched the three of them in both stories
It probably comes from the show, but they never once battles star Swirl

They'd be 6-B then, however the EoH will still he the same rating for there

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this one, just cause I don't think the Equestria Girls characters are remotely as powerful, even with their higher magic forms

But I suppose this is just a "they get their power from the Element of Magic, and a fraction of infinity is still infinity" argument.
Yeaaaah. I wasn't sure about adding Tier 1 to the characters in Equestria Girls, as I said, I only did it because they were "2-A".

However, I think that the Dazzlings should keep "Low 1-C", their profiles and the reasons why we gave them Tier-1 or Tier-2 should be reformulated.

In the Rainbow Rocks movie they defeated the Mane Six Powered Up and almost won if it weren't for Sunset's intervention.
Like Spinoirr said, we could give them 6-B until I or someone else makes updates to their profiles and reformulate the reasoning.

Discord´s profile:
Nigh-Omniscient in terms of knowledge and perceptions (He is stated to have knowledge that knows no bounds, and he has eyes and ears everywhere that allows him to see and hear everything across time and space. Mentally unstable. A rather clever trickster as he was able to outsmart and deceive the Mane 6)
None of this is even close to Nigh-Omniscience

Also, something on the profile should be explaining his Low 1-C and 2-A ratings

That's been brought up. They shouldn't scale to Starswirl cause they never actually fight and no one's really reevaluated them to put them elsewhere
Agreed, all the Equestria Girls characters should be downgraded to 6-B at least until we remake their profiles. Midnight Sparkle and Daydream Shimmer should stay at 2-A, possibly Low 1-C

Should we give him Above Average or Gifted intelligence combined with advanced cosmic awareness instead?

This seems like a good idea.

Also, should we downgrade the Equestria Girls characters?
Looks fine by me

Not sure to be honest, according to their profiles (I´m not really knowledgeble on MLP), they scale to the Pony World characters, so their ratings should be fine i presume
I still have no idea why Discord can't have Extraordinary Intelligence scaling to Twilight, since he is literally stated to have have boundless knowledge. Everything Twi knows he should as well, and he's been to the future numerous times where robotic ponies are the dominant life form and likely knows advanced sciences from eons ahead of the main series. Just leaving a note that he's mentally unstable, and has a huge ego is good enough.

But I still also think Nigh-Omniscience is good given his cosmic awareness that he has access to at all times. The only reason he doesn't apply his knowledge of every little thing is, again, due to his ego.

I still have no idea why Discord can't have Extraordinary Intelligence scaling to Twilight, since he is literally stated to have have boundless knowledge. Everything Twi tknows he should as well, and he's been to the future numerous times and likely knows advanced sciences from eons ahead of the main series. Just leaving a note that he's mentally unstable, and a huge ego is good enough.
I didn´t know Twilight had EG

Although, did she ever directly said or agreed with these statements about Discord´s intelligence? Or does he ever showed to be comparable to her?

But I still also think Nigh-Omniscience is good given his cosmic awareness that he has access to at all times. The only reason he doesn't know every little thing is, again, due to his ego.
That´s not how it works, unless he already knows of almost everything or guards almost all information through space-time inside his mind he can´t have it

I didn´t know Twilight had EG

Although, did she ever directly said or agreed with these statements about Discord´s intelligence? Or does he ever showed to be comparable to her?

That´s not how it works, unless he already knows of almost everything or guards almost all information through space-time inside his mind he can´t have it
The actual feat is here. How it's stated, is that at any moment, Discord's power and control extends so far that he has the ability to see anything and everything throughout time and space at any moment whenever he wants; this is paired with the fact that the same page states his knowledge has no bounds, meaning that the knowledge of everything that has ever happened is also in his head. He just doesn't utilize this knowledge because of his ego.

The actual feat is here. How it's stated, is that at any moment, Discord's power and control extends so far that he has the ability to see anything and everything throughout time and space at any moment whenever he wants; this is paired with the fact that the same page states his knowledge has no bounds, meaning that the knowledge of everything that has ever happened is also in his head. He just doesn't utilize this knowledge because of his ego.
His powers allows to him to see and hear everything across space and time, implying that this ins´t something that he normally knows and that he only has access through his abilities

Not gonna lie, "Knowledge that knows no bounds" is not even close to be a good justification for Nigh-Omniscience, it just means that he has a great amount of knowledge

If i said that a Old Man´s knowledge "knows no bounds" it wouldn´t give him any level of Intelligence, considering Discord´s case, it should give him Gifted Intelligence, but that´s about it

Also, please answer my first question

I don’t know if I am supposed to ask it here, but the CRT link of the change leaded to here: why is Discord nigh-omniscient? Not only there are no hyperlinks, but “no bounds” scan is literally a hyperbole, and many things in the show contradict it: Discord not knowing Fluttershy was taken, not knowing what she would truly want and that he would disappear if he acted “normal”. He is smart for sure, but nigh-omniscient is just too far to me.

I don’t know if I am supposed to ask it here, but the CRT link of the change leaded to here: why is Discord nigh-omniscient? Not only there are no hyperlinks, but “no bounds” scan is literally a hyperbole, and many things in the show contradict it: Discord not knowing Fluttershy was taken, not knowing what she would truly want and that he would disappear if he acted “normal”. He is smart for sure, but nigh-omniscient is just too far to me.
Read the above discussion

His powers allows to him to see and hear everything across space and time, implying that this ins´t something that he normally knows and that he only has access through his abilities

Not gonna lie, "Knowledge that knows no bounds" is not even close to be a good justification for Nigh-Omniscience, it just means that he has a great amount of knowledge

If i said that a Old Man´s knowledge "knows no bounds" it wouldn´t give him any level of Intelligence, considering Discord´s case, it should give him Gifted Intelligence, but that´s about it

Also, please answer my first question
I agree with that Discord has only demonstrated Gifted intelligence with at best Average common sense, and advanced cosmic awareness, that allows him to find out information, in practice.

Would it be fine if we update his page accordingly?

Back