• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scaling MLP Characters and other details.

I don't see what is the point in bringing up for discussion something that had already been accepted literally twice, but if that's what you want...
Because I was asked to give my opinion and had no clue about the other threads. As I said, I had no desire to discuss this in-depth because I do not agree with the stats
I have no idea where you got the idea that the Infinite Hallway connects individual dreams, Luna herself specifically explains what the Infinite Hallway is for.
"Is a metaphor for choice".
"Each door represents another choice... and another future it would create".

At no point does it mention that the Hallway connects to individual dreams, because the Hallway is based on the other actions that a person could do, that is, each Hallway is linked to the personal mind of the dreamer.
"Each door"

What do those doors lead to, exactly?
the dream-version PoS wants to invade all realities.
The dream PoS was telling Luna about the REAL PoS's desire to invade all realities

What do those doors lead to, exactly?
Each door represents an alternate choice and the possible future for that action, for Discord, several alternate futures are shown where he commits bad actions that endanger his friends, and at the end, an alternate choice is shown where Discord is having an "space-adventure" with CMC and Fluttershy.
It has nothing to do with connecting individual dreams or anything similar, since each door is derived on the actions that Discord himself performs.

Each door represents an alternate choice and the possible future for that action

It has nothing to do with connecting individual dreams or anything similar, since each door is derived on the actions that Discord himself performs
The doors connect to dreams. That’s outright stated by both Discord and Applebloom. Hell, it’s literally the entire reason the hallways are brought up both times.

For Applebloom, to show that the other CMC were struggling with nightmares about their cutie marks

For Discord, to hunt down the specific nightmare causing him to have shit sleep

A note that I just wanted to confirm that the dream-based cosmology does not need to be adjusted, given that I thought that Robot972 seems to make valid points. 🙏

The doors connect to dreams. That’s outright stated by both Discord and Applebloom. Hell, it’s literally the entire reason the hallways are brought up both times.

For Applebloom, to show that the other CMC were struggling with nightmares about their cutie marks

For Discord, to hunt down the specific nightmare causing him to have shit sleep
At this point I'm sure you're trolling because I don't think you genuinely don't understand what the Infinite Hallway works for.

Look, I'm going to give a fairly simplified example about Infinite Hallway:
In Chaosville, Discord wakes up one morning and decides to go buy bread at a bakery in Ponyville.

What the Infinite Hallway does is create all the possible futures based on that, therefore:
  • In a door you see Discord buying apples at that same bakery.
  • At another door he decides to go fight against God.
  • At another door he decides it's better to go back to sleep.
  • In another door he decides to embark on an adventure to get the best bread of all time together with Pinkie Pie.
  • At another door he gets distracted and ends up buying things he doesn't need.
  • In another door he is a criminal because he did not pay taxes.

See? It doesn't connect to any dreams or anything, it's just alternate futures created around the actions of an specific pony.

For Applebloom, they are neither the same hallway nor do they fulfill the same functions, it is clearly seen that the hallway there is used to show and possibly be used as a "bridge" to reach other dreams. And yet, it is highly speculative that this type of Hallway inherently exists in the Dream Realm, as Luna is known to like to travel through dreams in many different ways, not necessarily through doors, and that's just a trick she uses to show Applebloom the CMC's dreams.

Btw, in case you're wondering, no, the Mane Six shown in Discord's Infinite Hallway are not the real Mane Six because at that moment it was daylight in Equestria, plus it wouldn't make much sense for Mane Six were dreaming about Discord at the same time.
PS: Discord wasn't hunting any nightmare, Luna was simply acting as a psychologist so that Discord wouldn't feel insecure about his emotional feelings towards the CMC and Fluttershy.

Last edited:
You need to try to be polite in this community. Just because somebody disagrees with you, this does not mean that they are trolling.

You need to try to be polite in this community. Just because somebody disagrees with you, this does not mean that they are trolling.
Telling someone "you're trolling" is not disrespectful lmao.
Btw, in case you're wondering, no, the Mane Six shown in Discord's Infinite Hallway are not the real Mane Six because at that moment it was daylight in Equestria, plus it wouldn't make much sense for Mane Six were dreaming about Discord at the same time.
PS: Discord wasn't hunting any nightmare, Luna was simply acting as a psychologist so that Discord wouldn't feel insecure about his emotional feelings towards the CMC and Fluttershy.
Isn't Low 1-C supposed to be accepted already? Debating that here is unnecessary. If Robot972 doesn't agree, let him do a CRT later, but I don't think it's appropriate for a CRT about scaling to become a debate about an already accepted cosmology.

Agree

Also why are people trying to debate cosmology here it was allredy accepted if you don’t agree with it make a CRT after this is done this thread isn’t for that debate

My apologies to Robot972 if I have been being rude and disrespectful.

But it seems inappropriate to me to talk about something that was accepted in a scaling thread that many were waiting for. As if that were not enough, Robot972 confuses some concepts in the verse, such as the Infinite Hallway with a random hallway that doesn't even have a name and only appeared once and continues insisting on the same thing, derailing the thread.

Can somebody write a tally for which members that think what here please?

Can somebody write a tally for which members that think what here please?
@DarkDragonMedeus and @Maverick_Zero_X are the staff who agreed with the thread

@Barry_Ken, @Spinoirr, @Bernkastelll, @PonePoster, @CinnabarManx421, @TheShape03, @Aolphl and @Camerontaylor07 are the other people who also agreed with it

@Robot972 was the only one who disagreed, with none staff member giving his/her thoughts about the comments

Considering that this thread is only focusing on the scaling chains, it should be fine to apply

As if that were not enough, Robot972 confuses some concepts in the verse, such as the Infinite Hallway with a random hallway that doesn't even have a name and only appeared once and continues insisting on the same thing, derailing the thread.
I've said this before (not in this specific thread), and I will always stand by it. The combined hallways seen in Bloom and Gloom are very blatantly meant to be an early iteration of the infinite hallway concept. It follows literally all the same conceptual beats.

Also, derailing the thread was never my intention. And I don't exactly think it's a fair accusation given three messages is not continued insistence and I'm not the one that keeps asking why the thread is being derailed every third message. Again, I was asked to give my opinion and I skimmed the thread to give a quick response because I do not agree with the current stats and had no intention to follow this blog for long.

I sincerely wish you and others would stop insulting my ability to comprehend the content I'm watching. I'd comment on the response you gave, but it's frankly not worth my time, especially when, as people continue bringing up and insulting me for, this is not the place for it.

Last edited:
@DarkDragonMedeus and @Maverick_Zero_X are the staff who agreed with the thread

@Barry_Ken, @Spinoirr, @Bernkastelll, @PonePoster, @CinnabarManx421, @TheShape03, @Aolphl and @Camerontaylor07 are the other people who also agreed with it

@Robot972 was the only one who disagreed, with none staff member giving his/her thoughts about the comments

Considering that this thread is only focusing on the scaling chains, it should be fine to apply
Okay. That is probably fine to apply then, yes. 🙏

Tell us here when these revisions have been properly applied please. 🙏🙂

Btw: Has Discord received a variable intelligence tier as I think that I requested in another thread, due to his sheer inconsistency in this area?

Btw: Has Discord received a variable intelligence tier as I think that I requested in another thread, due to his sheer inconsistency in this area?
Discord's Intelligence is still set to Unknown. Many of us agreed that he would receive Extraordinary Genius (Minor characters like Twilight or Starswirl are) to Nigh-Omniscience because his Knowledge knows no bounds and he has Eyes and Ears Everywhere that allows him to see and hear everything across time and space.

I am going to discuss this in the next Thread that involves Discord, so I don't know if it will apply or not.

Discord's Intelligence is still set to Unknown. Many of us agreed that he would receive Extraordinary Genius (Minor characters like Twilight or Starswirl are) to Nigh-Omniscience because his Knowledge knows no bounds and he has Eyes and Ears Everywhere that allows him to see and hear everything across time and space.

I am going to discuss this in the next Thread that involves Discord, so I don't know if it will apply or not.
Hmm. I think that his intelligence seems to go up and down between Above Average and Nigh-Omniscient depending on the story, so we should probably set it up as one of the following alternatives:

"Above Average in terms of common sense. Nigh-Omniscient in terms of knowledge and perceptions"

"Varies between Above Average and Nigh-Omniscient depending on the story and situation"

Anyways, a crt to fix the mane six profiles first after this?

Given i hate how bad their profiles are formated (minus discord) also the missing powers, lack of scans and no references

Anyways, a crt to fix the mane six profiles first after this?

Given i hate how bad their profiles are formated (minus discord) also the missing powers, lack of scans and no references
Yes, I am going to fix the profiles of a LOT of characters, the first is going to be Discord (And maybe Cosmos) since I have many plans for them.

Alright, I think it's done.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, I heard that someone reported me xD, this is the first time I've done something like this so I hope it doesn't happen again.
Thank you, but didn't you apply these quite extreme tiers for too many characters? What is the logical reasoning for applying "possibly Low 1-C" to Pharynx, for example?

Thank you, but didn't you apply these quite extreme tiers for too many characters? What is the logical reasoning for applying "possibly Low 1-C" to Pharynx, for example?
Well, actually I was adding "possibly Low 1-C" only to characters who already had "2-A".
Even I doubted if it was right and I was going to ask if it was correct to do it, but I did it anyway since they already had a tier for 2-A to scale from other characters like Base Queen Chrysalis (who is already "possibly Low 1-C")

Although I am not opposed if the "Possibly Low 1-C" is removed from some characters like Pharynx.

Alicorn Twilight is "2-A, possibly Low 1-C."

According to the profiles, Queen Chrysalis is comparable to Alicorn Twilight, and Pharynx seems to be possibly comparable to Chrysalis or something like that.
(As an evolved changeling prince, he should be the most powerful changeling outside of Thorax and possibly Chrysalis)
The justification in his profile is strange, although it was there before Arz applied the changes.

What do the rest of you think? Should any of the current "2-A, possibly Low 1-C" MLP characters have this rating removed?

Yes, agreed.🙏

Are there any other cases of MLP characters with this problem?

Back