• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scaling Boros to Orochi

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we assume Saitama is static in power then I guess it's fine to say Boros > Orochi, because Saitama clearly views Boros as an opponent strong enough to consider him almost a threat, while Orochi just got ridiculed and beat up with a squish.

If we assume Saitama is not static in power, then it's baseless to upscale Boros.

The context of these two fights are WAY different. Before fighting Boros Saitama was told of a prophecy, that the entire world was in danger. And he'd meet someone who's ship wiped out the city, and would introduce himself as the Dominator of the Universe. And even implied to share similar feelings of boredom about his own strength.

He would survived one punch from him, something that has never happened since he gained his strength. And was able to survive his second punch as well, with only a lost arm. Of course Saitama would consider him "strong" at that moment, nothing like that had ever happened with him before.

It's acknowledgement that Boros is likely superior to anyone else he's fought in his life. After being kicked to the moon Saitama considered this to be almost a real fight, though we know this is untrue in of itself. Since Saitama was just getting caught up in the moment since Boros kicked him to the moon and survived his punch.

But he understands that he could effortlessly one shot Boros at any time, and that he wasn't actually fun to fight.

"No matter who I fight, I don't feel anything." Saitama himself admits that he hasn't felt joy in a battle, he's always bored.

In Orochi's Context: Saitama went underground to complain about all of the noise and shaking, he's already in a bad mood because of the earthquakes. Than he was attacked by a dog and a cat, than proceeded to meet some weird thing he can't describe that wouldn't shut up.

Saitama doesn't care who Orochi is or how strong he is. He's already very annoyed and the second they meet Orochi attacks him and than starts laughing for no reason. Saitama stops listening to him entirely after arriving in the magma chamber place, since now he doesn't even care about anything he says.

Orochi being equal or stronger than Boros means nothing to him. Nothing in that chapter implies that meeting another opponent on Boros' level wouldn't instantly bore him. In fact, because he met Boros it makes it more likely that he wouldn't find someone on Boros' level interesting in the first place.

Since he didn't feel anything from their fight, and can effortlessly one shot him. He won't see Orochi as almost a real fight, because Boros WASN'T almost a real fight either. It was something Saitama thought as he was caught up in the moment, the coolness of being kicked from the earth to the moon.

Orochi and Boros are children compared to him. No the gap is far wider than even that, he can treat both of them the same way and the results would be the same. The only reason he treated Boros different was because he came first, and he had far different context for Boros than he did with Orochi.

Saving the planet from possible destruction vs complaining to someone about all the shaking and noise. At this point as well, Saitama doesn't believe anyone can ever challenge him or provide him any excitement either. When he fought Boros, Saitama still had some hope that someone would challenge him.

But by the time he fights Orochi, he has already given up on expecting any type of challenge or enjoyment from fighting. So he isn't even going to give Orochi the time of day. Who cares how powerful he is, it doesn't matter if he's equal too or stronger than Boros, he's just going to beat him in one punch.

Long story short: I do not agree with scaling Boros to Orochi or vise versa. They should scale to their own feats, and nothing else.

Last edited:
Bro..........that statement was made right after he beat Boros and not after he beat Orochi so it can be used to definitively say Boros > Orochi

If I beat a boss in a game and say it's the strongest one I've faced so far does that mean when I get to the final boss that the boss mentioned earlier is still stronger?
You said what if Saitama fought another Boros level being earlier. Saitama admitted Boros was probably the most powerful he had ever faced at that point

Last edited:
doesn't the wiki acknowledge saitama gets stronger overtime ? When Saitama fights Orochi, he should be multiple one shot tiers above his boros arc counterpart. Shouldn't this invalidate the scaling becuase when Boros pulled up Saitama was weaker back then ?
No, that statement is purely speculation from Genos

Genos is a smart guy. I believe him. Suggesting Low 2-C for Saitama as his power is infinite like Bat.

Nothing suggests this at all. Saitama's profile even states that he may not have Accelerated Development anymore post-training
I mean saitama doesn't really know how strong he is tho? He regularly one shots opponents and gets surprised from his own strength.
Plus that one audiobook where he oneshots his 1 day ago self. I am pretty sure he is not done evolving.

I mean saitama doesn't really know how strong he is tho? He regularly one shots opponents and gets surprised from his own strength.
Plus that one audiobook where he oneshots his 1 day ago self. I am pretty sure he is not done evolving.
The audiobook is vague about the reason why Saitama one-shot his virtual self. The most likely one is that the VGS can't accurately download Saitama's full power and only downloads a portion of it.
No, that statement is purely speculation from Genos

The audiobook is vague about the reason why Saitama one-shot his virtual self. The most likely one is that the VGS can't accurately download Saitama's full power and only downloads a portion of it. This is also stated on Saitama's profile:
Thats just assumptions ngl. If it can copy the powers of a high 6-A with no difficulty why assume it cant copy the power of saitama?

I mean alright, again why assume that saitama knows his own strength and is confident that he can't get any stronger?

Okay here's the thing, the 1 exaton calc for CSRC only accounts for the Oceans, and assuming vaporization goes one mile down in stone would make it 6 Exatons, still a lowall.

Saitama was suprised by MB Boros' speed. He called Boros strong many times, even in his released form, and called Orochi a child, and most likely the monster prince, not even worthy of the title. Never called Boros is unworthy of his title of Dominator of the Universe.

Also, Murata said Gery, Melz, and Gror together would have almost no chance of beating Orochi. (This is accepted and on the profiles), This means they still could defeat him. Not only warrants an upgrade for those three, but also throws a wrench in Orochi being = or > Boros. Gery is shocked by the ship being damaged, and breaks only a very small part of it himself. Boros even in his released form, did far more damage to the same ship.

Also, a much larger Orochi was blown to bits from a normal punch, meanwhile, Boros was able to take multiple, and even take one in his armored state.

Saitama only gets bored with Boros talking, not his fight.
No one's going to acknowledge this?

No one's going to acknowledge this?
There is nothing to acknowledge.

Scaling to Saitama is bad, Boros taking less damage from his punch is meaningless. I'm pretty sure we already agreed on no Saitama scaling whatsoever, since his punches vary in power greatly. Surprised by Boros' speed means nothing about scaling to Orochi or anything. Just that Boros' speed boost was greater than he was expecting.

Gery, Melz, and Gror working together would have almost no chance of beating Orochi. Okay cool, what does this statement have to do with Boros? Do we have a statement that says they have absolutely zero chance of beating Boros when working together?I see no reason why that means Boros should scale to Orochi.

This is just a way of saying that Orochi is massively superior to them. Doesn't say Orochi is inferior to Boros or superior. By our ratings, they stand zero chance against Orochi. So are you saying they should scale to Orochi or something?

I already explained Saitama's mindset being different, unless you'd like to read more books?

Thats just assumptions ngl. If it can copy the powers of a high 6-A with no difficulty why assume it cant copy the power of saitama?
The point is that the audiobook makes it unclear why Saitama one-shot his virtual self. Maybe he did get stronger. Maybe the VGS doesn't download the full extent of Saitama's power, so he one-shot a far weaker version of him. There's nothing solid coming from it

Last edited:
Also, wasn't there a suggestion to scale Boros above Orochi via disaster levels or sth (Boros is officially Dragon or higher, Orochi isn't)? Was that accepted or not?

Last edited:
"Orochi is only possibly a dragon or above. As his dragon or above rating comes from Murata, and we treat his statements as only a possibly."

"Boros technically should be above Orochi via being the only true dragon or above. And ONE only writes Orochi as a dragon level threat."

This was the main argument used to scale Boros above Orochi once, I believe this would be valid a second time.

"Orochi is only possibly a dragon or above. As his dragon or above rating comes from Murata, and we treat his statements as only a possibly."

"Boros technically should be above Orochi via being the only true dragon or above. And ONE only writes Orochi as a dragon level threat."

This was the main argument used to scale Boros above Orochi once, I believe this would be valid a second time.
Nice

There is nothing to acknowledge.

Scaling to Saitama is bad, Boros taking less damage from his punch is meaningless. I'm pretty sure we already agreed on no Saitama scaling whatsoever, since his punches vary in power greatly. Surprised by Boros' speed means nothing about scaling to Orochi or anything. Just that Boros' speed boost was greater than he was expecting.

Gery, Melz, and Gror working together would have almost no chance of beating Orochi. Okay cool, what does this statement have to do with Boros? Do we have a statement that says they have absolutely zero chance of beating Boros when working together?I see no reason why that means Boros should scale to Orochi.

This is just a way of saying that Orochi is massively superior to them. Doesn't say Orochi is inferior to Boros or superior. By our ratings, they stand zero chance against Orochi. So are you saying they should scale to Orochi or something?

I already explained Saitama's mindset being different, unless you'd like to read more books?
They should. In fact, we already have this quote accepted, so that shouldn't be an issue. Boros destroys more of his ship by running than Gery does in his entire fight against Saitama. Even Released Boros does many times more damage.

It doesn't directly say Boros > Orochi, but using our logical understanding of Boros's relation to his enemies, we can deduce such.

And it does matter that Orochi handled normal punches far worse, as he flew apart just like every other character Saitama punhes, he just had the regen to come back from it.

Also, Saitama used a serious squirt gun to counter Orochi, which we know is weaker than a Serious Punch. And that was Orochi + Power of the Earth's core.

Don't see how you could possibly make this claim.
Well he used the serious punch when he thought the world would be destroyed, and the other was some bratty child who Saitama didn't really view as worth his time. And anyways, Orochi was taking energy from the Earth's core, so it's not his true AP.

Edit: Regardless, the other points still stand.

I agree with TheRustyOne
and ignoring all that I do not believe that being called strong and almost a real fight should be enough to make him scale above Orochi on its own

"Orochi is written purely as a dragon in the manga by ONE. Murata lists Orochi as dragon or above. ONE's statement should have more weight to it than Murata does."

"the fact that he is the only really confirmed "above dragon" which would put him in a category above Orochi."

"Saitama called Boros as ''too strong'' twice, and he never claimed Orochi like that, and Boros is rated as ''Above Dragon'' by ONE"

The quote where Saitama compliments Boros from space sounds like more of a "whoa, he knocked me all the way to space! cool!" because that's the kinda wack thing you'd imagine in an intense high-powered fight. Also, Saitama is rushing and mad at the noise/house thing during his fight with Orochi, while he's simply ready for a possibly real fight when he faces Boros.
That said, Boros is definitely stronger than Orochi if we compare their fights.

That was confimed to be Garou.
I meant as in we can't know for sure if Orochi could be Boros level in strength but because Saitama has faced that level of strength before, he wouldn't be entertained by it.

Calc wise it's already shown Orochi has strength above Boros' when comparing Gaia Cannon and CSRC lowballed but the gap isn't so high that Saitama could feel a significant difference, especially considering how much more dramatically stronger he is.

Doing a quick calc, vaporizing the crust 30 kilometers down would be 93.758766730401535034 Exatons of tnt, not even including the oceans, so in reality, it's 94.7587667 Exatons of tnt or Moon Level.

CSRC's current calc is a massive lowball
Any CRSC calculation is a lowball. The previous calculation was 5 times less than the current one.
Perhaps we could get a higher rating when I do the calculation, but I need help finding the spray parameters. The databook says that his energy attacks turn everything to dust. However, I need to find the value of sputtering for all substances in the earth's crust, like silicon, helium, titanium and many others.

Any CRSC calculation is a lowball. The previous calculation was 5 times less than the current one.
Perhaps we could get a higher rating when I do the calculation, but I need help finding the spray parameters. The databook says that his energy attacks turn everything to dust. However, I need to find the value of sputtering for all substances in the earth's crust, like silicon, helium, titanium and many others.
I think in that case we should not make a thread like this until we have that calc.

And only vaporizing 1 mile down is still a lowball and > Orochi's Gae cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back