• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saxton Hale vs Indus Tarbella

Indus is stronger, both in AP and LS. He also has some potential extra utility with his barriers.

Saxton's potential advantages lie in his skill and toon force. Sadly, neither of these are elaborated to any extent, so I can't really see how much they'd help.

This will come down to a melee brawl; the only ranged tool in this fight is Indus' Barrier Creation, but that only really serves to create distance between the two. Might be useful if Saxton pulls out something strong and Indus needs a minute to recover, but it won't do a huge amount outside of that.

In a melee brawl, I think Indus' slightly higher AP, and especially his far superior LS, will let him stumble into wins more often than not.

Saxton is just mostly good at brawling frankly, generally wrecking people not as skilled as he is who can actually harm him. Like the Yeti. Who he then proceeded to make explode.

The profile doesn't seem to imply that the Yeti could actually harm him. Durability says "a yeti couldn't do anything to him".

And really, I wouldn't generally consider someone you can punch hard enough to make them explode to have the same Dura as your AP.

Even if Saxton does have some good skill, I expect that to be pretty fairly limited by Indus being able to create a barrier and back off if he's staggered by a punch, and Indus being able to easily break out of Saxton's grip, while Saxton would be unable to break out of Indus'.

He was knocked back and such so

Push comes to shove Saxton can just headbutt or kick Indus if Indus tries to grapple him, ain't exactly hard to do and it's IC for Hale

Yeah, it's just that Indus can do the same for more damage.

I mean is it really IC for Indus to do that though? From my vague memories of Epitet Erased I don't recall Indus actually doing serious damage to people... which might be a bad thing for this match cause Saxton is always willing to kill anything

I'd think that SBA would cover that.

Sba keeps the character's mindset but puts them willing to kill if I recall.

If he's willing to kill, he should be willing to do serious damage.

Saxton Hale’s profile does a bad job at representing it, but if we’re going by SBA here, he should one-shot. The TF2 mercs are around 0.06 tons, the Yeti can stomp three of them, and a casual Saxon Hale literally made the Yeti explode in a single punch.

TF2 mercs are 0.06 tons? The calc I found on Heavy's profile (the one Saxton links to) was 0.007 tons.

If that's true y'all need to show your calcs better.

Is the calc new since this thread was made (3 months ago)? Since that still has them at 0.007 tons, from what you said.

I wanna be absolutely clear that 0.06 tons is correct, and not just you misremembering or smth.

Fair enough then, and the Yeti scals to second key TF2 Mecs?

Wouldn't necessarily be a stomp I don't think, you just have to use his "At least 9-A" part, instead of the "likely higher" part. idk how this would be represented when added to the profiles tho...

Saxton did literally turn the yeti, who stomps multiple mercs who scale to the 0.06 tons, into a bloody rain and a head with one punch.

Yes the Yeti didn't fight all 9 mercs. Spy stayed out of it, Engi was apsolutely nowhere to be seen, and I think a couple others weren't present. Scout wasn't at least.

But "9-A" is only a "possibly" on the mercs profiles. Just assume that the Yeti stomped their 9-B versions.

Not what SBA allows I don't think, and 9-B was only a compromise because Abstractions didn't like 9-A TF2 existing at all-

I don't see why not, you're allowed to choose between ratings on a profile. If a rating's only likely, you should be able to choose the more certain one for a fight. Ofc, SBA would assume the highest value, but the versus thread rules allow you to deviate from SBA in some ways.

And really, the origin of the rating doesn't matter; it's still on the profile.

Obviously, but Saxton would have his normal scaling one way or another, the likely higher is just there cause he's wrecked everyone he's actually fought for real

Yes, but the normal scaling is to "9-B, possibly 9-A" characters, and if it's to their 9-B versions, it's not enough of a feat to bump of his rating above his ordinary calc.

When you scale to characters with a "possibly" rating you don't solidly scale to their "possibly", that would be ridiculous.

Maybe it's because they aren't in this fight and as such I can't even lay a finger on where we assume their tiers to be for this match.

In short, the profiles are bad and don't draw a distinction that they should; scaling to 0.06 tons should be under a "possibly higher".

It also feels a slight bit strange that he has "likely higher" in AP/SS/Dura for feats being casual, but doesn't for LS or speed.

If you still want to encompass "all his feats are casual so we don't know where he lands", do something like "Unknown (All of his feats are casual and past his prime, so the true extent of his strength is unknown), At least Small Building level (Current justification), possibly higher (Pyro, a mercenary he's far superior to, possibly survived a building exploding)"

Back