• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Save the World: Chapter 2

"Nice to meet you", he nodded and then looked at himself and let out a sigh.

"My armor is damaged, I'll have to fix it ... or maybe replace it"

Orpheus was in one of the less crowded parts of the ship, scribbling on a piece of paper. He still had his armor on and hadn't said a word since the appearance of No One.

"Thanks. Now, this is probably gonna sound weird, but... are you ok?"

My body really does not like this man. It tries to flee from him like I imagine it would from the sun.

"I'm in better condition thanks to the stereo sphere..."

A firey rainbow like aura and red lightning crackles around me for a few seconds before fading.

"...but I think I'd appreciate it if the sun was around."

"... I see. I have the distinct feeling that being around you in the daylight would not be a pleasant experience... at least for me, not really due to any action on your part."

I look closer at Austin.

Hmm...

"To be fair, I think it would be unpleasant for most people. I can see why you in particular wouldn't enjoy it though."

@DMUA

When alive, zombies cells were held together by celular sized energy strings. It's unknown if those strings are magical or not, but after a certain point, likely 50% body damage, the strings would break and sever. Due to how tightly packed together the cells are, specifically near the veins, once the strings are severed, a explosion of gore would be released.

"Energy binding... Not something I can utilize, but, perhaps it will be of use to one of my allies..."

Colis writes it down, then moves on to see if the necromancer's cells show a similar trend.

I look confused for a moment, and raise my hand as if to question him, but this frankly isn't weird anymore.

"Yeah, so I guessed you could figure that out..."

I squint back at Silas, noticing a faint image around him. As I look closer, I notice what looks like some kind of birthmark, resembling a flame.

Judging by how my body is reacting to this, it must be some sort of... genetic memory? That sounds stupid, but it's the best explanation I can think of.

"I have, uh, another question, if you don't mind. Have you been... I don't quite know how to word it, but have you been remembering things that didn't happen to you?"

@DMUA

Unfortunally, there is not much that can be diserned. Their cells were magically amplified, which wound up with a small amount of decay, but nothing useful.

Hmm... as predicted, not much of use.

Colis then studies Kisetsu's cells... Indeed, purely supernatural, resurrection is likely from an outside source akin to his own cloning process.

Dy1... Interesting. It's... like, muscle, fat and rubber in one fell swoop. And, if cut, it regenerates easily. Not sure what to make of it, as of now... Just, take notes and save it for later.

Colis takes a look at his cloning facilities... Seems only one is going at a time, though it's rate is higher than before. Perhaps it's something of a power limitation... Only one machine can be active at full capacity at a time, or whatever's generating energy for this place is overloaded... Where even is the generator?

...Nowhere to be found, it seems. Hmm...

Colis steps out of his lab, then looks around, eventually seeing Seraph developing some stuff.

"I may need your services."

I put my hand to my chin.

"It's strange. I have amnesia and have been remembering feelings, but this one's different. Something about your strange physiology just...angers me."

Raising an eyebrow, Eldur stroked his hands, generating a small flame.
The fire started to assume a shape of a little animal, coming to life.

"Go little spark", he whispered.

The little animal nodded, jumping from Eldur's hands and approaching Seraph, climbing his legs.

"Meow", the animal exclaimed, reaching his knees.
6cfd575d493b081fc67395c68fd52007.jpg

"... Is this an important activity for you?"

Colis just sorta continues to stand there, watching Seraph hold a kitty.

"... Is this an important activity for you?"

Colis just sorta continues to stand there, watching Seraph hold a kitty.
"Of COURSE It's important. Cats are very important!" He chastises Colis, hugging the flame cat. "Anyway, did you need something? I was distracted."

A few moments of slightly judgmental staring.

"I have a few machines in my lab that could use enhancement."

After finishing Dy1’s hair, I say, “since we’re only darkening it, you can probably wash it out after five to ten minutes.”
Then I notice Seraph playing with the kitten.
So cute!

"Yeah? Hold on a sec." Casteraph turns to Assasseraph. "HEY BOSS! We need another Duplicate!"

"Alright, alright, don't yell at me!" Assasseraph frowns and focuses, another Assasseraph forming next to him. "At your service, Mr. Colis!" Assasseraph 2 salutes him, grinning.

Casteraph then turns to Shaun. "Yes you can!"

"... Okay."

Colis steps back, walking into his pocket dimension through a distortion in space.

"I would prefer this knowledge to be mostly secretive, but..."

Colis shows his cloning machines.

"Every time I die, I end up sneaking around it by shoving my consciousness into another one of these perfect doubles. The problem is, when one is consumed, it takes some time for them to grow back, and, only one machine can operate at a time due to energy limitations in this place. I would have you upgrade the generator, but no such thing is apparent. It's likely simply running off some fraction of the energy I have as a chosen... So, the next best thing would be to upgrade energy efficiency, allowing me to run more at a single time."

I put my hand to my chin.

"It's strange. I have amnesia and have been remembering feelings, but this one's different. Something about your strange physiology just...angers me."
Strange physiology? I imagine he's referring to the multiple vital organs.

"Yeah, I'm having a... vaguely similar response, but with fear, for some reason. It feels like I'm a hare catching sight of a hawk's shadow, y'know?"

"I would prefer this knowledge to be mostly secretive, but..."

Colis shows his cloning machines.

"Every time I die, I end up sneaking around it by shoving my consciousness into another one of these perfect doubles. The problem is, when one is consumed, it takes some time for them to grow back, and, only one machine can operate at a time due to energy limitations in this place. I would have you upgrade the generator, but no such thing is apparent. It's likely simply running off some fraction of the energy I have as a chosen... So, the next best thing would be to upgrade energy efficiency, allowing me to run more at a single time."
"So you want me to enhance the rate at which you produce clone bodies for yourself? I think I can do it, but I'm a magitek kinda guy, not a hard science one. That said, I've got just the type of magic that ya need!"

"... Very well. In exchange, allow me to tell you this... There was a unique method to the necromancy we saw on the previous world. Apparently, magical bindings appeared over the cells of the dead, granting them the ability to continue functioning until those binds are roughly 50% compromised... So, you could potentially sustain someone past the point they should die with cellular magic, to some degree. It likely won't be that useful in combat, but, it can prevent someone from dying before we treat them. Or, if revival is impossible, allow them to fight to the absolute end."

Last edited:
"Cellular magic, huh...? Interesting..." he goes to take a look at the cloning machine. "Alright. here I go!"

He places his hands on the machine. Evolution magic flows into the device, altering its fundamental information. It's not something that can be used offensively, unfortunately, but it CAN enhance abilities... and items.

"There. It should use way less energy and produce clones faster now... I think. Never done this before."

"Alright..."

Colis waits to see how many, if any, other machines start generating clones alongside the one currently in progress.

[ @CrimsonStarFallen this seems like your decree]

E groaned as he broke out of some sort trance. “I..what the hell happened? I feel I missed something.” It was at this moment that E realized he had his telepathy active and basically his whole team heard what he just said.

“We got upgraded?”

I nod.

"I get you. Good thing it's just a feeling though. It'd suck to being forced into a deathmatch because of something that has nothing to do with us."

Back