• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Save the World: Chapter 2

Shaun chugs some more expresso and starts strategizing in his head, and then realizes something; his eyes starting to open up wide.

I look to DJ, “Speaking of not getting on their bad side, do we know much about the people and society there? Do they have a lot of surveillance? And what’s their view on outsiders?”

"We can only know so much from the ship, but it seems they have a similar society to the one Earth has, if more complex. Some ships like our own would drop close to the city, and they would greet it like any other car, so i think we can make some white lies."

S finally comes back, looking terribly unpleased.

"Well... that was cool. Anyway, the second good news is that the kitchen has not only been fixed again, but it has been reinforced. Now not even a nuclear blast can mess that baby up." He says, giving a proud smirk.

"... I am not even going to ask why that was necessary. I feel like hearing about that wound be like writing a book report on a Necronomicon."

"... You would not be wrong, no. Either way, we have our entry, at the least..."

DJ claps with a... interesting expression.

"Congratulations on your... achievement? Either way, are we ready to launch?"

"I think we are, yeah."

S approaches Eldur and whispers back.

"Why? She's got great potential! We've just been having bad luck lately, it'll be fine!"

"... I think there is a point where sunken cost fallacy comes into effect."

I motion to S to not dig himself any deeper of a grave.

"I think I'm ready, yeah."

I check to make sure my clothing actually covers enough of my body.

Colis buckles up

"... Ah, another thing I completely forgot about. Does this world use dollars?"

S looks confused but ultimately gets on a seat.

The living room once again transforms into a sort of control room. Everyone's seats are ready.

"Alright everyone, buckle up... and yes Colis, it does."

As DJ floors it with S as the co-pilot, a familiar sight greets you as the ship tears through the walls of space-time. You find yourselves yet again at the asteroid belt.

DJ continues accelerating towards Earth. On the way, you pass through Mars, which, strangely enough, shows sights of civilization. Or, at least, it has large traces of technology across the land. It really shows the power of humanity in this world.

Earth itself is covered in briliant, glowing light visible even from space. The moon, too, looks mechanized. As the ship passes through the atmospheric resistance and you can feel the shakiness of it all, finally, you see land in detail. The area the stereo sphere is in burns itself on your mind.

The ship lands on the united states of america, with the city itself being somewhere in Nevada. It has a completely different feel from a normal american city. It is full of cyberpunk style visuals, with neon cars, blazing fast motocycles and generaly industrialized buildings stretching as far as the eye can see. Which is not even a hyperbole, seeing as the city is huge. Easily several times bigger than new york city.

The ship itself stays a few blocks away from the city, landing in a desert road. The sun is up and well. The city is visible from here.

"That was a smooth landing."

Karlos unbuckles himself and stepping out of the ship quickly, seeing the city.

"It's...beautiful to see something like this again."

Karlos has a neutral look on his face, having seen the sight many times before in his travels, a hopeful world that is full of hope. He looks to Dy1, giving a smile.

"It sure is bud."

Colis unbuckles.

"... Now... that is wonderful..."

Let's take in the city... several kilometers to explore, and limited time. So...

"I think it would be best to start at seeing if the stereo sphere was used for technological advancement or as a power source. Perhaps the easiest way to check..."

Colis tries to locate something that would tell him the current date.

My entire body ignites as soon as the ship lands, covering my body in a flame-like aura that grows in intensity as I leave footprints of ash on the floor on my way out of the ship. Once I reach the outside, the aura evolves even further, causing all features beyond the relative shape of my body and the scarf around my neck to no longer appear visible in the heat. On top of that, my body appears to have bulked up, being roughly twice the size I was before with my muscles becoming proportionally developed.

[ He looks something like this gif and pic but with both of his eyes a blazing blue. And the scarf is what's trailing behind him, not a coat/jacket.]

"Glorious Sun! The simulations just didn't feel the same."

Woah. That didn't happen on the last world. Astraea thinks, shielding her eyes from the now flaming man

"The city is nice, brings back memories. Anyway, should we start looking around the city?"

Back