• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Save the World: Chapter 2

@DMUA

Orpheus declined Shaun's offer before they arrived at the hotel. Afterwards he followed after Colis in Spirit Form.

Colis hears his voice like a whisper in the wind: "I can help you in your search. My hearing is most likely the best from our group."

“You know I know that they said what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas but this seems Like something that’d leak out of Vegas..” Then melanie noticed seraph running off and immediately realized she didn’t want to be left behind.

“Hey, seraph, wait up!” She said as she began to chase after the boy.

@DMUA

Colis and the ones following him find a group of college students, in a library. It is severely more quiet inside, obviously, making it a good place for discussions in broad daylight. They discuss the current state of the world, showing the cracks underneath the neon light show.

Rising crime rates, freedom of speech being more and more dampered by those in power, and international disputes with China and... the Soviet Union seem to be at their worst yet. There are fears of another world war breaking out.

@Overlord775

There are many electronity stores around this area. The news:

"The CyberFestival2076 is just around the corner! Tomorrow, at 8 PM, the 7 day long festival will start! Come and watch the live show full of special guests, including a 2 hour long segment for Akuma and the Mekais!

In other news, 22 were found dead in a spree of a rising serial killer, the Chain. As with previous cases, all 22 were found with chains impaled through their bodies. In other news..."

@Party Group

You cut through the crowd, who still stare intentely at you. This section of the city, named the Buzzling District as seen by signs spread through the city, is extremely huge. It seems to mostly contain shops and buyables.

After walking for a bit, you reach another district. The signs say "Red Zone". It is significantly more quiet than the Buzzling District, but at the same time, has a much more shaddy feel to it. Entire groups of people are seen, sitting by walls and not moving. Alleys are filled with men holding weird bags.

The buildings themselves do not dissapoint. Arcades, dancing clubs, gambling clubs, and str- no, nevermind that one.

Shaun stops for a moment on a corner to play some music on his acoustic guitar, taking on the role of a street performer.

Colis hears his voice like a whisper in the wind: "I can help you in your search. My hearing is most likely the best from our group."
(Mutter) "Very well. Tell me if you hear anything related to a massive power source or power company."

Though, obviously, the lead he followed only seemed to touch upon that, with freedom of speech being dampened... the search must continue.

I enter spirit form, then go into a dark areas in one of the nearby clubs, and swap my appearance with a silhouette. I look around to see if there’s anything or anyone that seems particularly noteworthy or important in it, and if not I repeat the process going somewhere else.

"Okay, an old-fashioned fistfight," the fire god exclaimed, covering himself in his own armor.

"No dodging, no weapons, every one of us take the punch and if you cry no one will judge you", he chuckled.

Eldur stretched his neck a little and then folded his legs, brought his body forward and looked into Silas's eyes.
In an instant he dashed towards him, punching him in the face so hard it generated a small crater.

I stay on my feet as the punch pushes me back a few inches. I clench my right hand into a fist that crackles with red lightning and punch Eldur in the face with all the force I can muster, the shockwaves from the attack blowing away any trees that weren't destroyed by the crater.

Eldur was thrown a few meters, always falling to his feet but being stunned a little by the fist.

"Uhhh, that was a memorable punch!" He exclaimed to then clenched his right fist and used Vestige of the Sun.

The armor covering Eldur's arm glowed, his strength boosted twice.

Immediately afterward, he leapt twice as fast at Silas, hitting him in the chin and flinging him into the air.

As I fly upwards, I do a somersault in the air to regain my balance. Heat concentrates behind me, forming into an orange pulsating orb reminiscent of the sun. My feet land against the orb before I jump off it while having it explode to send me flying at Eldur to tackle him into the hole in the ground.

Eldur bent his knees and then jumped in Silas's direction, extending his right arm into a punch aimed at his face.
Both were fast approaching each other.

Eldur counterattacked generating a side explosion that caused the two to flip and return to their previous position.
The fire god grabbed his opponent's legs and by stretching his own to a 90-degree stance he spun, generating flames from his feet that propelled him faster into the ground, causing another crater and knocking Silas's back into the hard rock.

Despite my large size, I move with cat-like dexterity, allowing myself to recover before I hit the ground, landing on my feet in the midst of the explosion. As the rubble flies through the air, I jump from pieces of rock before landing on one behind Eldur and launch myself at him in a dropkick.

@Party Group

You cut through the crowd, who still stare intentely at you. This section of the city, named the Buzzling District as seen by signs spread through the city, is extremely huge. It seems to mostly contain shops and buyables.

After walking for a bit, you reach another district. The signs say "Red Zone". It is significantly more quiet than the Buzzling District, but at the same time, has a much more shaddy feel to it. Entire groups of people are seen, sitting by walls and not moving. Alleys are filled with men holding weird bags.

The buildings themselves do not dissapoint. Arcades, dancing clubs, gambling clubs, and str- no, nevermind that one.
NO.

MIND THAT ONE.

"Hmm... Ar-Cade... Let's go check that one out!"

@Oliver_de_jesus

[Do you even have money lol]

@Search party

Around 2 to 3 kilometers away from where you are, Orpheus hears a group of men talking about one Vinet. Something called Meta Energy comes up. Seems to be a exotic font of power.

@Overlord775

Although it contains what you would expect from a electronics store, it also seems to have things for cyborgs. Seems the bodies of cyborgs are heavily customizable here.

Heat vision, X-Ray vision, scanners, remote internet acess and even nanomachine healing. These are all very expensive however.

@fandom_00potato

You gather a crowd of people, who cheer you on. Even the junkies are interested.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

The area is heavily plaged by negative emotion. Guilt, anger, anxiety, intoxicating lust. It seems this specific part of Vegas is as lawless as it gets.

Some men wait to get people to buy into their shady business, while others lay motionless, either destroyed by the drugs or left numb by the gambling debts. Others want to throw it all away and just have fun until the end days.

@Blahblah9755

You get the distinct feeling you shouldn't be somewhere so indecent. That, however, is besides the point. Outside of party animals, the clubs are filled with politicians and big names, who come here to relax. Of course, gang members and leaders are also within.

Weirdly enough, everytime you are about to leave, either the fire alarm goes off or explosions can be heard. Strange.

@ZephyrosOmega

The inside is much more retro than one would expect. It's dimly lit and full of arcade machines, with various types of games. Kids who you are sure shouldn't be here based on their age play a fighting game in the back. Other teens and young adults sit around, smoking and vaping.

Weirdly enough, there seem to be no authorities inside the place.

In between songs Shaun drops the empty expresso cup while tuning his guitar. I then play some songs from my first (and only ) album. Starting with his most popular song “Lightning.” which now involves actual electricity on the strings of the guitar.

"... Now that's far more interesting."

Head to the source of this conversing on Meta Energy. If anything leads us to the stereo sphere, it's that.

After scanning a few of the men in the alleys to try and determine which, if any of them, had posed the highest risk of doing anything violent, Astraea enters the arcade behind Seraph.

"Have you been in one of these before?" She asks, looking around the interior and noting the people within, the lack of authorities, etc.

@CrimsonStarFallen
[you forgot the fact that I can create money out of nothing (obviously I didn't teach him that I could do it)] there's that too

21c36d247492ed969b68e031baaf5e26.jpg

[I couldn't find the english version]

Dy1 follows Seraph "Oh! I know what it is, a place where you can play videogames if you well... have money" He says with a smile. "Although uh... do we have money? Like quarters?"

Although it contains what you would expect from a electronics store, it also seems to have things for cyborgs. Seems the bodies of cyborgs are heavily customizable here.

Heat vision, X-Ray vision, scanners, remote internet acess and even nanomachine healing. These are all very expensive however.
Well, that disappointing.

Noma thinks as the customazation options are very much not useful to her, as they are very much outdated compared to her own stuff, and beside they cost ridiculus amounts.

She would leave the store and check the others, and if they are also as dissapoining, she would continue on to explore the city, while searching on the internet to see where there's database storages or other important buildings.

Whenever I run into someone who seems important, particularly people who have lots of other important seeming people sucking up to them, I stop and stay hidden, while listening in on their conversations to see if they mention anything that sounds like it could be helpful for the group to know. Especially anything that could be about the… disco ball? Yeah, anything that sounds like it’s about the disco ball or the energy it produces.
Though if nothing interesting pops up in the conversation for a couple minutes, I leave and go to a different group of important people, then come back later.

Back