• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Save the World: Chapter 2

It seemed to be a boon focused on sweets. Recipes for various kinds of donuts, bagels and cakes where littered across it. Ones that caugh the eye are a particulary complex chocolate cake and a pretty flashy cupcake.

[Sorry faruel, but i can't wait for ya forever]

As Eldur forges, Seraph examines some of his weapons by summoning them, levitating them in front of him with magic circles. The Tribolt, a high-tech staff catered to electric magic. The Dark Tooth, an evil-looking staff dedicated to darkness skills. The Seraphim, a holy staff topped with an ornate crystal. And the Alchemist Set, a white staff with magic needles within capable of inflicting statuses. Seraph takes a look at the various materials in his inventory.

Plasma Balls.

Dark Matter.

Mythril Shards.

Plutonium Cores.

"...Perfect."

He retreats to a quiet corner of the forge and lays out all the materials. "Alright, let's see if I can get this right. Alteration and Manipulation, let's go!"

Tribolt becomes a bow, the crystals enchanted with plasma cage magic and imbued with plasma balls.
Dark Tooth becomes a Katana, the edge enhanced with Pulsar and Dark Matter.
Seraphim becomes a longsword, imbued with unbreakable mythril shards and enchanged with the Genesis limit break.
And the Alchemy Set becomes a long chain with stakes on the ends, each made radioactive with plutonium and their status effects increased with the Spectrum spell.

Four new weapons. Four new ways to fight.

Serena teleports, but not before leaving a blast of flame to interrupt the chant.

She appears a few hundred meters away.

"That's an interesting power you have there."

I start to write down the recipes for the chocolate cake and the cupcake, but part way through my hand cramps up, so I decide to have some more chocolate.
I pull out a bowl and ladle, then start scooping the chocolate into the bowl.
But on the second scoop, I knock over the bag of flour.
“Shit!”
It had been a huge bag of flour, and it flies out filling the room with a nearly smog-like density.
I start coughing.
In a panic I try to reach out to feel for a fan, or something to clear the air. But I accidentally knock over the olive oil, and as it spills on the stove it ignites.
“Aaaah!”
I let out a shout, and cover the book with my body, as a massive dust explosion engulfs the kitchen.

The blades return to their formation around Astraea once their target teleported away, and she puts up a barrier of lightning around herself to try and avoid damage from the blast.

"It certainly is although you've likely picked up on at least one of its shortcomings by now. In that sense, its ease of use is a bit lower than your teleportation."

The blast was not too powerful, meant primarily to act as a distraction, so the barrier does its purpose of stopping that single attack.

"You seem more suited to keeping your distance, while I'm quite efficient at close range. Seems we'd work well with one another."

Serena notes.

"But I've been the one charging in this entire time, so, show me what you can do at a distance."

She said, entering a more defensive stance.

"I wouldn't consider myself a slouch at close range, but touching you physically seems like a poor idea." Astraea comments

"But very well, I'll show you."

She does some quick mental calculations on how much power she could release and not interfere with the rest of the room, and aims her palm forward.

A massive blast of blindingly brilliant golden lightning fires out, spreading to exactly the edges of the 20km area, one of her lightning blades flying towards Serena with the golden lightning while the other 4 stood back.

Serena created a large cocoon of flame before the attack was even cast, as if in preparation for it, though in truth this was little more than a feint. The cocoon would make her impossible to see as the attacks were launched. But then, she'd appear right behind Astraea once more, ready to strike, her strike would be one that causes internal harm, not merely external, and empowered with Shine.

@DMUA "....I have the ability to secrete acid that breaks down the cells of other organisms, could you increase the rate of reaction? I assure you that I am respecting of the art of trade and it shall be made worth your while once we get to the necromancer planet." Yafoboolon politely inquires

"It also seems that everybody else has started sparring already, I wonder how they've done"

Astraea's barrier from earlier and 4 swords provided her with a little bit of comfort, allowing her to more calmly react to the situation. Thanks to her surveillance, she was acutely aware of everything around her, even the moments of electrons, so she was able to to tell when Serena disappeared, and in that moment started a chant, hoping that the swords and barrier would buy her enough time. As the nun appeared, the 4 remaining blades of course automatically targeted the opponent.

"Precedence ground- lower body- higher."

Flash Air is used to teleport the swords out of the way, as Serena had similarly predicted this attempt, breaking the barrier with her strike, she then releases a wave of flame at the ground within which Astraea was sinking.

Last edited:
Astraea, having figured her blades would be teleported and her barrier smashed, just allows herself to sink faster, but as the fire came, she knew there weren't many options on how to avoid this from her position. So she decided not to, rather, she'd just try to diminish it as much as possible with the lightning currently flowing around her body, and transition directly into attack.

Controlling and generating more of the golden lightning from earlier, it crackles around her, forming a layer of sorts, not as thick as the barrier from earlier, but there nonetheless. And she'd push forward, trying to grasp Serena from her lower position in order to discharge all the energy she built up.

@DMUA "....I have the ability to secrete acid that breaks down the cells of other organisms, could you increase the rate of reaction? I assure you that I am respecting of the art of trade and it shall be made worth your while once we get to the necromancer planet." Yafoboolon politely inquires

"It also seems that everybody else has started sparring already, I wonder how they've done"
"Hmm.... Not sure, honestly. Acids lean a bit more into chemistry, I specialized more in basic functions. I know the PH of Stomach Acid is roughly 1.5 to 3.5, but I'm not sure how one would improve it. On the other hand, there are other adjustments I can think of."

(I mean you just need a greater concentration of H+ ions to make it more acidic, actually gastric acid pH modification is a thing that exists irl I think. I mean of course it doesn't make sense in the pillarmen's case because they are using acids to break down stuff that isn't broken down with acids and even stuff that is broken down better in alkaline environments but you get what I mean)

@DMUA
"What are these proposed adjustments?"

Last edited:
@ZephyrosOmega

After I'm done, I return to Seraph, showing him his new weapon.
"Here, I called it the Firefly, it has three shooting modes", I say pointing to the crank next to the trigger.

"The first is rapid fire," I exclaim, pulling the trigger and firing a barrage of fire bullets at a stone mannequin.

"The second is search shot"

Pointing at another mannequin, I pull the trigger again.
A mark appears in the sight of the gun and aiming it at another point in the room I shoot.

The bullet is fired but immediately curves, going to hit the mannequin.

"And finally, melta"

Setting the last mode, I point to another mannequin and release a fiery beam that melts the stone.

"Have fun", I say with a smile, giving him the gun.
yongjae-choe-fgun-single1.jpg

@CrimsonStarFallen

After watching everyone else left in his vicinity and growing so very bored, he finds his way to this alleged training room.

Two rooms, or at least two halves of one. One's a fiery forge, the other a chocolate wasteland. Of all the things he has seen since arriving in this poor place, this makes the most sense to him. He has to fight the urge to laugh, it makes so much sense.

But these rooms aren't for him. No, they won't do at all. He needs one better, more...tailored to his tastes and desire. Yes, something personalized, like a laptop or a Build-a-Bear.

A Build-a-Bear would be nice right about now. Really, he could spend all day just sitting down with it and--

No no nonono, focus. No time to think about all that right now. Must find a way to make a new room. These others have done it, clearly. He should be capable of the same.

...Did they pick these rooms out of a list, or did they ask for them to be created?

Only one way to find out.

In the area just outside of the training room, the man in the clown-doll mask raises his head and speaks for the first time since he arrived. His voice is calm and steady, his speech as articulate as articulate can be.

"These rooms don't appear to be satisfactory to me. Is it possible for me to choose another?"

He seems to be addressing someone or something that isn't there. Or at least, someone or something that isn't immediately visible.

"What are these proposed adjustments?"
"Quite a few things, a bone density increase, I could give you incredibly thick skin akin to a hippo or armadillo armor, or, if you have regenerative capabilities, I could just remove your unconcious limiters and allow you to hit far harder. Though, that last adjustment is best made temporary, even when coupled with the two before it."

[I'll be honest I didn't really know anything about acids either and trying to research it didn't give me anything good so I just gave up and said I lacked said knowledge in character either way]

"All sound rather interesting, and I do possess the regenerative capabilities to survive without limiters. Do you know anyway to turn it on and off at will? (I couldn't find anything about how limiters are regulated and applied online. I guess I remember something about hysterical strength and that nobody really knows what chemical messenger causes it from something I read a while ago but I'm not sure)"

(Also tbf this is JoJo science in my case so you probably don't need much of an explanation, as for the acid thing)

@Blahblah9755

The explosion is somehow more violent than most dust explosions you would see, perfectly blowing you out of the kitchen. The kitchen is on fire.

"Oh my god."

@MrKingOfNegativity

A robotic, female voice responds to you.

"Yes, it is. How would you like your room?"

"How much proficient are you at weapons smithing ?"
Noma responds with a question of her own, having to check because of her equipment being really high-end tech and very much above the weapons she saw him crafting in terms of complexity.

"Mh", in response I draw my sword, scarlet flames envelop its blade.

Approaching a block of stone, I slowly pierce it as if it were melted butter.
After a few seconds the blade was stuck in the stone, the block exploded.

"You know, if it had had a soul ... it would have been burned too"

Having fallen asleep while attempting to communicate with his sword (that could apparently talk back) as the stress of the day caught up to him, Donte jerked awake to the sound of the kitchen blowing up and objects violently exiting it’s doorway. Some of the smaller projectiles flew his way only to veer off before reaching him to form a comical outline on the wall behind.

“I’m awake.” He yelped before his eyes took in the chaos around him. Flames and smoke billowing out of what was meant to be the kitchen, explosions and the clang of metal from the training room, and his new employers(?) conversing with some of the other recruits.

“............ wai- wha- ho- ...... the hell even happened?”

@MrKingOfNegativity

A robotic, female voice responds to you.

"Yes, it is. How would you like your room?"
"Do you have an environment that's more...city-like? Downtown district, nighttime, no pedestrians. I think that would be more my speed."

He hates his voice so much...

But hey, this is working better than expected. Nice to know the place has something to talk to. Might be good to have in mind if the others can't hold his attention for long enough. Yes, this will do. This will do very well.

...Wonder if she can produce Build-a-Bears? Have to ask later.

@Faruel1998

Noma watches the stone explode, while being somewhat perplexes with the concept of souls being real, though not showing it.

"While impressive, that appears to be of "magic" nature, while my equipment is based on technology, so your smithing may not be compatible for the task."

She expresses doubts.

"We are dealing with things that far exceed the normal laws of science, can your weapons harm incorporeal entities?" I ask.

Karlos decides to look around the forging area, maybe he could build something else, like a sword.

@AnonymousBlank

DJ can be seen in the background putting out the fire. S looks at you.

"...how the hell did you manage to sleep through most of this? Either way, we're going down to beat up zombies soon. Are you ready?"

@MrKingOfNegativity

"Affirmative."

Another domain appear, before the clown's eyes. A humble little neightboorhood, illuminated only by lamp posts, no people around. Only the breeze of the air can be felt.

Now that is more like it.

Hmmm. It isn't much of a training room without something in it to train with, though. An empty lamplit downtown neighborhood sprawl is all well and nice, but there needs to be something for him to do there.

Soon enough, an idea occurs...

The man in the clown-doll mask ***** his head to the side, appearing to survey the environment laid out before them. When he speaks again, his tone is thoughtful.

"If I step inside and no one else joins me, is it possible for you to generate targets for me to practice on?"

"We are dealing with things that far exceed the normal laws of science, can your weapons harm incorporeal entities?" I ask.
"Maybe. Can you smithing work on weapons that distrupt atoms by collapsing their electron shells with quantum decoherences at the plank scale ?"
Noma responds.

@Faruel1998
"Albeit i know how my equipment works, I'm a soldier, not a smith."
[Also Faruel i seriusly hope you realize that Crimson would never let you just make an HV weapon]

Back