• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Save the World: Chapter 2

@Blahblah9755 and @WHYNAUT

"...I see? Let's chalk this up to bad luck."

DJ turns to face Orpheous.

"You know, you play some wonderful tunes but don't talk much. What's up with you?"

@MrKingOfNegativity

The clown hears the sharpening of blades and cocking of guns. The stares of the silhouettes shine a emerald green in the dark.

A laser pointer, the likes one would see in a sniper rifle, points into his forehead.

@CrimsonStarFallen

"...Not at all, but thank you. Verbal communication is not my strong suit I suppose. I came to see how the preparations were going." He answers after a brief pause that was just a little too long for comfort.

"I see... we should be ready to go soon enough."

He then looks at the kitchen, a mess as it is. He sighs, loudly.

Yafoboolon catches this conversation "Ah.... so should I not be sparring then if it will be so little time to reach our destination?"

@MrKingOfNegativity

The clown hears the sharpening of blades and cocking of guns. The stares of the silhouettes shine a emerald green in the dark.

A laser pointer, the likes one would see in a sniper rifle, points into his forehead.
"...Forehead..." the clown-doll man says after a pause. "That means you're aiming for my brain. A bullet to the brain is enough to kill a man. You know that, yes?"

And then, slowly, he raises his hand and closes his fist.

"That means you plan on trying to kill me, yes?"

Suddenly, his hand blazes with powerful and ungodly fire.

"So if you fail to kill me, then I'm allowed to kill you, yes?!"

"Oh sweet, we're getting somewhere now."

Karlos is a bit excited to see what a new world can give, but mostly for testing out his other power.

"... Ah. Well, I suppose it will indeed have to wait."

@WHYNAUT

"That would help, thanks."

@MrKingOfNegativity

A deep voice calls out.

"Fire."

And just as he predicted, the sniper rifle fires it's bullet, making it's way to his forehead. The clown can also make out machine gun fire from behind.

Astraea, knowing that this displacement ability of Serena's made making contact difficult, wanted to be sure she made contact rather than releasing energy prematurely.

Having realized that she in fact didn't make contact as her attempts were met with displacement again, she instead elects to keep the energy, and transmit her structural information a few hundred meters backwards.

"Man, that ability of yours really is something."

"So is yours. Landing a hit on you is by no means easy. It's rare I encounter someone as capable. You've earned my respect, Astraea."

Serena would say, looking her over from her position.

"Shall we end it here? This has been quite invigorating."

"Glad to have earned your respect then." Astraea says, letting the energy around her fade, and recalling her blades.

"And yes, this seems like a good place to end it. It was a good fight for practice, and helps me better know what you're capable of for when we fight against our enemies."

"Very well. Seems we're done here then." Serena would say, as the glow from Shine faded, before casting Healing Magecraft on Astraea to make up for the life she was robbed of with a previous attack.

From DJ's hands, a burst of light is released. It takes the shape, then form and color of a broom.

"Here you go."

@MrKingOfNegativity

A deep voice calls out.

"Fire."

And just as he predicted, the sniper rifle fires it's bullet, making it's way to his forehead. The clown can also make out machine gun fire from behind.
And just like that, the forcefield appears.

It's a thin, shimmering red thing that covers his entire body. And it proceeds to stop every single bullet heading his way. They bounce off like pieces of popcorn off a drive-in movie screen, clattering uselessly to the floor in a pile.

The field snaps off as quickly as it came, and the clown-doll man's voice returns with a malicious tint.

"Oh dear, still here." he says dryly. "Now it's my turn."

And then, swinging his burning hand in an upward motion, he tosses the fire in the direction of the group. It soars through the air in an arcing trajectory, sailing towards the enemies at great speed. And as it does, he jumps into the air and begins rising upwards, gradually taking flight.

Most of the group of silhouettes jumps away, into the rooftop of the buildings. The man of the sniper, however, is unable to react in time, turning into dust from the sheer heat.

From the roof, a pack of round, anti-tank explosives is thrown at the Clown, machine gun fire still coming from below.

Most of the group of silhouettes jumps away, into the rooftop of the buildings. The man of the sniper, however, is unable to react in time, turning into dust from the sheer heat.

From the roof, a pack of round, anti-tank explosives is thrown at the Clown, machine gun fire still coming from below.
As the masked man rises, his flight-path becomes increasingly erratic in the face of the continuing gunfire. He moves between the shots easily, as if demonstrating how unnecessary the forcefield really was.

And as he does, he starts to return fire on his attackers. The projectiles seem to come out of nowhere; fast, burning, streaking blasts of various colors, each of them curving through the air and homing in on a separate target. He directs himself towards the ones shooting below, firing at a rapid, methodical, almost mechanical pace.

The ones below, unable to attack and dodge at the same time, are left burning corpses. Two of them, counting the one he killed before, there are 4 left.

The 4 stand in the building roof. Dropping all weapons, something seems to pump into their system. It glows a distinct green, severely increasing their muscle mass. Two of them start throwing heavy knifes and machetes at the masked man, much stronger and faster than the bullets.

Placing a hand on top of her head, Noma could have seen Eldur's eyes glowing for a moment to then taking it away.

"Done, I'll work on you later ... first I have to improve other weapons", I exclaim, starting on working with Serena's swords.

"Thanks. Well, I guess we should check in with Eldur while there's still time. He had weapons of yours, and maybe I can get him to work on something for me too."

The ones below, unable to attack and dodge at the same time, are left burning corpses. Two of them, counting the one he killed before, there are 4 left.

The 4 stand in the building roof. Dropping all weapons, something seems to pump into their system. It glows a distinct green, severely increasing their muscle mass. Two of them start throwing heavy knifes and machetes at the masked man, much stronger and faster than the bullets.
In the face of these, the masked man immediately plummets from the sky. The sharp objects sail over his head as he does, soaring off to meet their people.

And then he keeps on falling to the ground, because this was more than just a dodging maneuver. His fist drives into the pavement as he hits, releasing a shockwave that spreads across the street and quakes the buildings around him, very much including the one the four men are standing on. Lesser walls are obliterated in a moment, shattered by the forces released upon them.

And then, wasting no time, he surges towards the base of their building in a powerful shoulder tackle.

Shaun finishes his stamina training and walks over to the kitchen to ask for some energy drinks, coffee, or muffins.
He is unbelievably exhausted.

The building is utterly shattered, sent flying across the rest of town where it's pieces smash into other structures.

The men are left disoriented, but as one of them fall, they deliver their boot into the masked man's face. It stings pretty bad.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

Arriving she would have noticed that Eldur was improving her Black Keys.
He was immersing the blades inside of a black metal liquid and after extracting them, the liquid would have been solidified, giving them a scintillating ebony colour.

After that, he approached a block of stone and started to move the Black Keys with rapid and fluid swings.
At the end, he touched the block with the edge of one of the two swords, causing it to crumble into dust.

Astraea would head towards Eldur after making her suggestion, arriving just as he made his demonstration.

Huh, I guess he's pretty good after all.

The building is utterly shattered, sent flying across the rest of town where it's pieces smash into other structures.

The men are left disoriented, but as one of them fall, they deliver their boot into the masked man's face. It stings pretty bad.
Having suffered no damage up to this point, the masked man appears to take the strike fairly well. That is to say, it rocks him back, but he recovers close to immediately.

In direct response, he rockets forward in the same charging motion while the attacking party is down, driving his shoulder into the man with enough force to send him flying through the air end-over-end.

Then the masked man turns to the other disoriented men and begins walking towards them, cracking his knuckles as he does...

Last edited:
"Your swords weren't well suited for melee combat, now they are", I exclaim.

"I have enveloped the blade with a special metal alloy of my creation, now they can absorb the impact of physical attacks and cut through objects atom by atom", I exclaim, giving to her the swords.

The kicker is sent flying, kilometers away. He crashes through a wall of another building pretty badly.

Only three remaining, they decide to go all out. One atempts to grab and put him in a lock, while the other two punch and kick him in the chest and stomach.

Serena would pick up the blades, giving a few swings with them for testing, then tossing them once or twice.

"Impressive. You've done good work here."

Back