• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ryuko's RP, RE and Status Amp aren't superior to Garou's. At least afaik, i could be wrong.

About the shockwaves, can i pretty please get a scan or a video of it affecting someone on the same tier of the user?

Also, once again going to point out that satsuki's multi kilometer shockwave used against ryuko was immensely held back because she didnt want to immediately oneshot ryuko while testing her own powers and ahe still accidentally blew the elite four away

@KG If you really want to get into semantics regarding Ryüko's RE, a canon alternate timeline Ryuko evolved from 7-A to low 2-C at the drop of a hat

JMA1113 said:
@Weekly
The Garou that has a slow RE is the one from the Orochi fight but I wouldn't call that slow to be honest it's more on medium paced. The Garou being used here is the Darkshine version

I'm gonna post my reason for why Garou wins:

Darkshine version Garou one shots for having an High 7-A AP Baseline in a short time frame or after he receives a lethal attack and Satsuki piercing a 6-B doesnt make sense and it should be an outlier so he will have a hard time damaging Garou who has High 7-A Baseline Durability for his RE which is very fast. Satsuki ain't decapitating Garou here if Peak Human Garou (7-B) can't be bisected by Royal Ripper (7-B) also WSRSF is an option for that decap. Garou has type 2 immortality so he's not getting one-shotted here majority of the time.

Again The passive speed amp as always being downplayed here (just in case you think it's not a big deal or it's not passively increasing) for his RE and Abandonment stat amp allowing Garou to massively blitz Satsuki eventually. The combination of Garou's massive speed advantage eventually, Instinctive Reaction, Analytical Prediction, Information Analysis, Higher skill advantage and Combat Genius is something Satsuki is gonna have a problem overcoming. Garou takes this 8.6/10 times
Gonna quote this

The "elite four" seemed to be very casual and not even combat-ready, are they 7-A while in base?

Even if it was a "held back shockwave", the fact an all-out shockwave would have one-shot Ryuko only means they're in different realms of AP. In this Vs Match, they're equals and in some time Garou will even be stronger.

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
@WeeklyBattles
Garou is not stupid if you think he's gonna allow that to happen. Having experience with those who have Garou's stuffs doesn't necessarily mean they don't work at all and utterly negated just like a power null (especially considering Uzu having IR and IA is not clear and need scan to support this). Ryuko's advantage is her killing Garou quickly at the start at the battle which is very unlikely considering Garou is a tactical person and combat genius that knows how to pick a fight. He doesn't rush things and have a level headed mind as shown in the battle against the A-Class Heros.

I'm gonna repost what JMA1113 said on why Satsuki's early round chance is slim at best:

The combination of Garou's massive speed advantage eventually (something like x100), Instinctive Reaction, Analytical Prediction, Information Analysis, Higher skill advantage and Combat Genius is something Satsuki is gonna have a problem overcoming. Plus what I said about Garou's decision-making seals the deal from Satsuki's early game chance

As for the 6-B piercing argument, it looks like Satsuki should be 6-B in this key not 7-A if that's the case or Ragyo is not 6-B at that time because I found it horseshit. There's no way you can make me believe that 7-A Satsuki who doesn't have durability negation can pierce a 6-B durability. This should be considered an outlier
Also quoting this person's reasoning too

WeeklyBattles said:
@KG If you really want to get into semantics regarding Ryüko's RE, a canon alternate timeline Ryuko evolved from 7-A to low 2-C at the drop of a hat
oof

KGiffoni said:
Ryuko's RP, RE and Status Amp aren't superior to Garou's. At least afaik, i could be wrong.
About the shockwaves, can i pretty please get a scan or a video of it affecting someone on the same tier of the user?
they absolutely are

KGiffoni said:
The "elite four" seemed to be very casual and not even combat-ready, are they 7-A while in base?
Even if it was a "held back shockwave", the fact an all-out shockwave would have one-shot Ryuko only means they're in different realms of AP. In this Vs Match, they're equals and in some time Garou will even be stronger.
That was Pre Harmonization Satsuki. by Harmonization in base, without their Regalia Uniform the E4 are all 7A due to defeating Covers without their Regalia Uniforms.

Satsuki's AoE by then should is far far stronger.

Ryukama said:
Orochi was specifically ordered by Gyoro to make sure not to kill Garou. Comparing his held back hits to a full powered blast from his final form is silly. Plus an even stronger Garou failed to deflect Darkshine's tackle. Garou can't deflect Orochi's full power.
Ryukama said:
Also Garou doesn't become High 6-A until after he defeats Darkshine and goes on to fight Golden Sperm. Every other fight Garou never becomes anywhere close to that strong and at several times manages to get defeated before evolving. Plus I thought it was clear that vs matches with 7-A Garou assume that the character is only going to be fighting 7-A Garou.

The first part is right, i've been pointing this out the entire thread. Orochi was holding back and in his base form.

Garou's RE chain is this:

7-A before Darkshine. After he defeats Darkshine he evolved higher into 7-A, then Tatsumaki forks up with the MA turning it inside-out, Garou survives, roams for a bit (this made Garou evolve to High 6-C), defeated Golden Sperm and in this process evolved to High 6-A.

What i'm saying is, he only didn't evolve further against Darkshine because it wasn't needed. But if it was in a continuous fight, he would evolve higher in a shorter timeframe. Actively fighting against someone stronger gets more out of his RE than walking.

Yeah, that's true. But still there's a limit to how stronger than Garou they can be.

Garou couldn't reflect Darkshine's tackle that broke all his ribs, but an earlier Garou was able to reflect MB's swings that were implied to be able to one-shot him. It's a bit inconsistent.

Deflecting a blunt attack isnt the same thing as deflecting a bladed attack though

Also Satsuki could easily blind him to put him at even more of a disadvantage seeing as she bypasses his other survival combat skills

Yeah. Does that interfere with my point that he can reflect blades while being overwhelmed?

And he only "died" because he got off-guard thanks to Tareo. He said he was gonna win, and i don't really doubt it.

so basicaly satsuki will try to go for an automatic kill but garou's skill will be too much and he will eventually adapt and beat her ass

She's able to generate extremely bright, near blinding light from her presence, and can focus that light through her sword to blind people directly, something she did against Ragyo right before decapitating her

Back