• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs The Terrarian

Damage = Change?? Wtf?
Damage is a form of change. If you can resist your Soul being influenced, you can resist it being attacked to an extent. Not that hard to grasp.
I don't think its inherently the same thing. Resisting soul corruption isn't the same thing as resisting soul destruction. Those are two completely different applications of Soul Manipulation. The former involves corrupting the target's soul through hax, the latter involves directly attacking and harming the soul until its destroyed. Just because a character can resist one application of an ability, we don't automatically assume that the character can resist every application of the ability.
Hence why I added "to an extent", above. I won't pretend Terrarian can resist his Soul getting conceptually erased from existence, but his brand of soul resistance doesn't make it unreasonable to assume he can resist his Soul getting physically grabbed and attacked by Sans.

Damage is a form of change. If you can resist your Soul being influenced, you can resist it being attacked to an extent. Not that hard to grasp.
So now resisting transmutation is also Invulnerability? Terrible logic.

So now resisting transmutation is also Invulnerability? Terrible logic.
Stop trying to strawman me. I'm not saying Terrarian is immune to soul damage, I'm saying he's partially resistant due to the nature of the ability. Stop skewing my words.

Stop trying to strawman me. I'm not saying Terrarian is immune to soul damage, I'm saying he's partially resistant due to the nature of the ability. Stop skewing my words.
Resisting a 4D transmutation is 4D durability is your logic then?
Sorry man your logic doesnt work no matter what

Yeah, no point in talking about this whole soul resistance shenanigans. We don't assume it works like that, so there's really no point in talking about it.

Anyways, Minishark *****. Oh and there's Thorns Potion, which makes any attack the terrarian take also knock back the enemy and damage them with their attack as well. So, there's that.

There's also invisibility potion, just summoning a bunch of creatures, etc... Tbh the terrarian has many options here.

Yeah, no point in talking about this whole soul resistance shenanigans. We don't assume it works like that, so there's really no point in talking about it.
"We don't assume it works like that" isn't inherently a defeater to my point, but I do agree with everything else you said.

#Minishark best item in the game

Eh, I don't think it changes the outcome that much. The terrarian can mostly dodge quite a few of the attacks which should be more than enough for them to either Summon, bring out the minishark, drink thorns potion, and a plethora of other things.

Though if they do resist, then the fight kinda becomes a decisive win for the Terrarian.

The wiki treats the soul as pretty much a second body but astral. You need a specific resistance to it getting damaged, a specific resistance to it getting absorbed, a specific resistance to it getting corrupted, a specific resistance to it getting transmutated, etc.
I think an example I can think of is goku. It resists EE from the soul, but it doesn't resist someone I don't know, hitting it?

I think an example I can think of is goku. It resists EE from the soul, but it doesn't resist someone I don't know, hitting it?
I feel like that's a weird example. Why wouldn't you be able to resist your soul getting roundhouse kicked if you can resist it getting hakai'd?

I feel like that's a weird example. Why wouldn't you be able to resist your soul getting roundhouse kicked if you can resist it getting hakai'd?
That's how I've always seen it treated. If it changed in any of the 100 daily DB CRTs, then I don't know.

🗿

Yall suck dick ong.

Anyways, I believe it is already obvious, but I'm voting for the Terrarian due to sheer AP, versatility, Minishark, summoning, and quite possibly just killing sans via drinking a thorns potion.

"My logic is ass" says you, the person who did indeed provide a counter-argument to my logic, an impeccable one to (you're hallucinating)
I dont have to counter argument when your logic is literally Apple = Oranges. Transmutation /=/ Damage Its very simple.

Which is why I vote the skeleton bros.
Even ignoring the soul resistance argument, what exactly stops the terrarian from just one shotting via a plethora of things? They might not be able to dodge everything, but I'd reckon they'd still be able to dodge quite a few of them at the start. Additionally, nothing stops them from just drinking a thorns potion, summoning something, or just one shotting via minishark.

Also, we just assume UT's soul attacks just kill you very fast, but not instant one shot, no?

Alright bro you do you. Resistance to Transmutation does not give durability tho which is why I vote the skeleton bros.
Okay then let's move on to a DIFFERENT argument since you're clearly so inclined to.

How exactly do Sans and Papyrus (especially Papyrus) circumvent getting capped by literally any of Terrarian's guns? Teleporting isn't an option because the Terrarian isn't unprivy to dealing with teleporters, so do tell.

Even ignoring the soul resistance argument, what exactly stops the terrarian from just one shotting via a plethora of things? They might not be able to dodge everything, but I'd reckon they'd still be able to dodge quite a few of them at the start. Additionally, nothing stops them from just drinking a thorns potion, summoning something, or just one shotting via minishark.

Also, we just assume UT's soul attacks just kill you very fast, but not instant one shot, no?
Sana first attack is too much for them and Papyrus is a plus so they will die before anything

you know that Sans only has a range of “Tens of Meters” with most of his attacks right? And they both start 100 m away. So his first attack isn’t gonna work lol
So it's a stomp. Terrarians can only use telequid bullets or summons. In addition to potions, you can use mirrors or telephones to escape.

But that can't be counted anyway and should be in the fun and games.

If @azontr respond with a text and not a scan then I am not gonna respond to it since it will just show he likes to make stuff up and ignore the game and feats

He does. Show me the time sans starts with something else lol.
That's not my burden of proof- You have to prove that he'd do that normally as the only time he's ever started with such a combination is when he's literally out to kill.

If @azontr respond with a text and not a scan then I am not gonna respond to it since it will just show he likes to make stuff up and ignore the game and feats
So instead of countering my argument you're just going to ignore me. What the hell is up with you people??

If you cannot give me scans or proof and instead just claim stuff about a verse you know so little off I am gonna ignore you. Unwatching

So instead of countering my argument you're just going to ignore me. What the hell is up with you people??
Let them be. The Terrarian likely wins regardless of range, as the only opposition here is that they can't dodge Sans' first attacks, when that is very likely not the case.

One terrarian is more than enough here, let alone two, which mean they can just spam the living shit out of minishark.

Honestly the chances of Terrarian winning is just far higher here.

Hell, if the soul stuff doesn't immediately one shot, then Sans is kinda boned (hah).

Back