• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs The Terrarian

7memu2.jpg

Plus all the surprise attacks and Papyrus is gonna be there too with his unpredictability
Papyrus' fight isn't "unpredictable" 🗿 It's 99% just bones coming at you slowly.
Something you can do
You can do it to man, you just need to believe in yourself and you can do anything.
That's how it's displayed to the player, obviously in an actual battlefield Sans' attacks are not clumped into a box.

Papyrus' fight isn't "unpredictable" 🗿 It's 99% just bones coming at you slowly.
Did you even play the fight? He literally randomly breaks the game and makes a 7 foot tall bone out of no where after he makes several weird ass moves

Did you even play the fight? He literally randomly breaks the game and makes a 7 foot tall bone out of no where after he makes several weird ass moves

He does this at the VERY END of his fight, and the bone attacks are still slow and easy to jump over.
Why can't you do it too?
'Cause I don't feel like it.
Says you?
Uh... yeah, says me. Undertale fights in the box aren't to scale with what happens outside the box.

Didn't read previous replies, so if this is still on-going, I got a single question: Do we consider the box shit in Undertale Gameplay mechanics or not?

If it's canon, then it's gonna be quite a problem since the space for dodging is minimal. Not impossible, just minimal. Also, would their soul attack even work considering Terrarian apparently has resist to soul shenanigans?

Honestly, it seems annoying, but it still has a lot of roaming space unlike with Sans, where you have to do quite the precise movements in little space, ngl.

There is her battle during the day, when she gets more difficult.

But honestly, in terms of speed and number of attacks, Sans surpasses Terraria's bosses.

--------------
Perhaps the closest is the Destroyer, as it unleashes several laser-shooting eyes, so there's a lot on screen.

Do we consider the box shit in Undertale Gameplay mechanics or not?
Technically Asgore can attack through it, same with Asriel and Sans, and real objects like the Annoying Dog are within it, meaning they're meant to represent wtf is happening in the battle.

Technically Asgore can attack through it, same with Asriel and Sans, and real objects like the Annoying Dog are within it, meaning they're meant to represent wtf is happening in the battle.
My brain stopped functioning when reading this, so the box is just meant to represent like a section of the fight? IE, we don't really consider it canon?

Basically every shit in UT is canon. Its the reason why Sans has law manipulation
That kinda sounds like a reach- Like do we really consider stuff that is crammed into a box as a seeming game mechanic as an actual representation of the full scale battle??

My brain stopped functioning when reading this, so the box is just meant to represent like a section of the fight? IE, we don't really consider it canon?
No I mean that it represent everything that's happening. The entire Asriel fight is a proof of this.

ooh remember how when Asriel uses hypergoner it is still technically inside the battle box
I mean also stuff when he shoots a fuckton of attacks in his Angel form or that blaster thing of his. Swords also now that I think about it.

Alrighty, if that's the case, then it's going to be complicated.

Papyrus isn't really a problem, as any attack from the terrarian's can kill him (Including their ranged weapons, aka their minishark, which is basically a minigun that is faster than them) but sans is the bigger problem here.

...Do we also consider that each attack takes a round canon? As in, Terrarian attacks, then sans attacks, then terrarian attacks, etc...? I sure hope not.

Alrighty, if that's the case, then it's going to be complicated.

Papyrus isn't really a problem, as any attack from the terrarian's can kill him (Including their ranged weapons, aka their minishark, which is basically a minigun that is faster than them) but sans is the bigger problem here.
Uh lets just say killing papyrus is not a good idea if you are against sans-
...Do we also consider that each attack takes a round canon? As in, Terrarian attacks, then sans attacks, then terrarian attacks, etc...? I sure hope not.
Yes but it is not used in vs threads

Taking the Asriel shit into account, the claim has some validity. Papyrus shouldn't really be an issue even with that, it's more Sans who is the one who has all the power out of the brother duo.

Then what stops the terrarian from just gunning them down considering their bullet's are like, 2-3x faster? Like, the moment Sans TK's one of the terrarians, the other can just gun him down (Unless we assume he can dodge all of them)
Sans' gaster blasters are faster than both him and Chara, even after the latter gets the speed booster to x2 though.

Terrarian also has resistance to soul and conceptual stuff so would Sans' Karma hax even work anymore, making his attacks ineffective because he only has 1 ATK without it?

How it works is on the profile already, which I think should be enough for Undertale Soul Hax since it's not that complex.
I read it and no it has nothing to do with Sans soul hax. The thing is for transmutation on the soul but Sans just attacks it

Alrighty so, I kinda forgot the Musket exists in the universe of terraria, and considering Muskets are like, 500 M/S, and the Minishark in-game is I believe the same speed, then its speed should be able to blitz Sans.

Then again, for some reason we didn't list it on the profile, so ain't sure if we can use it.

Anyways, I believe I asked this a million times before but I gotta make sure: We don't assume Sans' attacks instantly one shot right? Just incredibly fast, but not an instant one shot.

If so, then even then, the chances of them winning just seems higher than Sans', as it's not like they can't dodge anything. They'll be able to dodge a portion of the attacks, which should be more than enough for them to just fill Sans with bullets.

Concept Hax reasoning sucks ass
Eh, one of the supporting evidence is because these souls aren't really moving or doing anything, unlike literally every other soul in the game (Ghosts, etc). But meh, concept hax sucks dick anyways.

Last edited:
It is resisting damage/change to your Soul, which is what Sans does.
I don't think its inherently the same thing. Resisting soul corruption isn't the same thing as resisting soul destruction. Those are two completely different applications of Soul Manipulation. The former involves corrupting the target's soul through hax, the latter involves directly attacking and harming the soul until its destroyed. Just because a character can resist one application of an ability, we don't automatically assume that the character can resist every application of the ability.

Back