• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

sans VS. Composite Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my mind.

Plants absorb sunlight.

Plants are related to trees.

Sunlight is technically energy in a way.

You know what else is energy?

Lasers.

Gaster Blasters shoot lasers.

Composite Tree absorbs lasers.

Composite Tree outlives.

TurboTriangle601 said:
I changed my mind.
Plants absorb sunlight.

Plants grow into trees.

Sunlight is techincally related to energy.

Lasers.

Composite Tree outlives.
Results have been added in, dude. You're late to the train ride.

EMagoIorSouI said:
TurboTriangle601 said:
I changed my mind.
Plants absorb sunlight.

Plants grow into trees.

Lasers.

Composite Tree outlives.
I am well aware. I just decided to give more of a reason about why our almighty savior wins against Sans.

TurboTriangle601 said:
EMagoIorSouI said:
TurboTriangle601 said:
I changed my mind.
Plants absorb sunlight.

Plants grow into trees.

Lasers.

Composite Tree outlives.
I am well aware. I just decided to give more of a reason about why our almighty savior wins against Sans.
Oh, cool.

All the votes are really based on the assumption of

"plants in undertale don't have souls so this tree has no soul vis verse equalization" which makes absolutely no sense

What if a verse had "Aliens don't have souls", does that mean that Goku is now immune to that verse's soul manip

Also, retract my vote. I only said that's how it would be IF the tree has no soul

And we're supposed to automatically assume a character has a soul unless proven otherwise, it's like saying "Character A was never mentioned to have a soul so he negs soul manipulation"

I mean

You could argue that a tree has no soul

But it wouldn't really matter in a fight with one of the only characters in the game stated to repeatedly murk a soulless character.

With said character having taken hits from a tier 7 character and being just fine.

I still can't believe we are taking a tree seriously like this. The power of memes are strong in this thing I see.

But, honestly waiting on Azzy to pull an Azzy and give Sans a vote. But before I vote, how does SOUL hax work again?

SOUL hax is basically DigiCore hax @Dragon. It's hitting the totality of your being. Sans's is strong enough to neg Chara's durability, and works against beings like Flowey who are soulless

Ehm, I thought this was concluded? I can swear I saw this match be requested.

Also the **** is up with all these tree threads?

You know, I think I had originally come to the thread just to clarify that the Tree's poison would be dangerous against him and that it could potentially outlive him, and then halfway through writing I chose a side without putting much thought into it based on other people's responses. It never even came to my mind that Sans was heavily implied to have dunked Flowey in past timelines, which is kind of sad because I've used it as a point in other threads and that I stated that the tree would be soulless because of the fact Flowey was. All and all, kind of really stupid on my part.

@Azathoth Just for clarification, are you saying that Sans likely beat Flowey without hax/durability negation? I'm not sure why else you'd bring up the fact Flowey survived a hit from Toriel, who probably didn't intend to kill him.

Flowey likely took hits from more or less everyone while he was doing his own Genocide run

@Derp

I'm saying Sans killed Flowey, despite the fact Flowey has no soul. So something being soulless is a moot point.

Then we have the fact the tree can't even hurt Sans with speed equalized.

And the fact that there are a vast multitude of ways for Sans to win this with his most basic attacks.

Along with the fact you don't need anywhere close to building level power to damage a composite tree enough to kill it.

Or that Sans even teleporting the tree out of the ground is enough to end the fight.

This is a ludicrous stomp in Sans' favor, and the fact this was added and not just done for ***** and giggles makes us look really bad.

@Azathoth I agreed with the Soulless point, and the rest of your points really; as I said, I feel stupid for jumping to a side so quickly and forgetting Sans is heavily implied to have killed Flowey before. I was referring to your statement "With said character having taken hits from a tier 7 character and being just fine." That statement makes it sound like you're implying that Sans killed Flowey without any durability negation and should be Tier 7, which I wasn't sure on if you intended to imply that, so I wanted clarification on why you included it.

Okay well Azzy thoroughly debunked all the points here. And I'm sorry but in my opinion, no offense meant to anyone, us saying that a superpowered character like Sans loses to an actual tree will make us look like a total joke.

I honestly wished people cared more about maintaining the credibility of this site than goofing around going "lel sans loses to tree XD". I made an entire wiki where people can post memes or jokes and add them to profiles.

In fairness and openmindedness does anyone have any counter arguments or can this thread be closed and the match up removed?

Well, the OP says speed equalized, which means the tree will grow at the same speed sans moves. That tree would grow ridiculously quickly, thus making up for without speed equalized it being... rather slow.

1. Why does a tree always get its "growing speed" equalized to such massive degrees? It's like making a character's aging process or how fast they grow if they're still a child MHS+.

2. Speed equalized Sans still teleports tree out of ground.

I think people equalize the tree's growing speed because the justification to their speed is "Can grow at a maximum speed of 10 centimeters per day", someone should probably change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back