• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

sans VS. Composite Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk to the admin who added it. As far as everyone else saw, the decision was unanimous and thereby permitted to be added immediately.

I wasn't even the one who brought it to the Additions thread. That was the OP.

@TheJ-Man

Because the poison would travel through the wind. Now again, my scenario is completely circumstational, as roots grow on a unpredictable manner. Like I said in my comment, that was giving the Tree an absolute best chance. If it can't be used based on that, it is fine. That would only be one of the many things that could happen. Sans could just ignore the Tree entirely, and go for stalemate.

EMagoIorSouI said:
Well to answer your question, I said the tree's speed will be equalized to Sans'. And on your other question about poison harming or not sans. The thing is, Sans is a skeleton who chooses to eat ketchup, knows the taste of Papyrus' spaghetti, can change facial expressions, and can bleed (some speculate that it's ketchup, but we really aren't sure on that). If sans can be accomplish things a human with flesh can, than I feel he can be harmed by poison.

I mean maybe but I mean unless he's ingesting toxins I don't think that'd work? He doesn't really have flesh for it to make contact with.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
EMagoIorSouI said:
Well to answer your question, I said the tree's speed will be equalized to Sans'. And on your other question about poison harming or not sans. The thing is, Sans is a skeleton who chooses to eat ketchup, knows the taste of Papyrus' spaghetti, can change facial expressions, and can bleed (some speculate that it's ketchup, but we really aren't sure on that). If sans can be accomplish things a human with flesh can, than I feel he can be harmed by poison.
monsters are mostly made of magic tho, so MAGIC DOESN'T CARE ABOUT LOGIC

But you see, my friend...

Tree solos ovoovovovovovovovovovo

No, but seriously I don't know. Even in my argument I stated that is only assuming it can work. If it doesn't, of course it would stalemate. Or the little root thing.

Which reminds me of another thing that Overlord said. Yes, Sans dodged an attack while sleeping... From an opponent he knew is trying to kill him and knew that it's going to break free from his "special move" eventually. Key word, trying. The Tree literally is simply growing. Would he expect an "attack" from that?

well considering that the tree doesn't have a soul or mind, Sans woudn0t even try his special attack, and just go outside the trees range and rest, then come back and continue to fight and repeat the strategy until he kill the tree cut by cut

There are roots that cover 3 acres of land. And consider that the roots are growing at Sans' speed, so they are like proyectiles almost. And once again, Sans is not hurting the tree by himself. Is too durable. Trying to attack it would give the Tree roots better chance to eventually hit him, while also getting himself tired faster.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
There are roots that cover 3 acres of land. And consider that the roots are growing at Sans' speed, so they are like proyectiles almost. And once again, Sans is not hurting the tree by himself. Is too durable. Trying to attack it would give the Tree roots better chance to eventually hit him, while also getting himself tired faster.
the tree is mindless he can't do such things

That is true. That's why I use words like "eventually" and describe the growth of roots as "unpredictable". And that's why in my argument I stated that I've be giving the Tree the absolute best chance.

Honestly, the chance of that happening is almost literally impossible. If the battle hinges on that then I'd rather inconclusive, it's almost never gonna happen due to random growth and such.

except the only tree i know of that has roots that go above ground is the mangrove and considering that is a grass biome and not a swamp, those roots would not do it

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Honestly, the chance of that happening is almost literally impossible. If the battle hinges on that then I'd rather inconclusive, it's almost never gonna happen due to random growth and such.
I actually agree with you here. Even I said that something as carrying poison through win is just too circumstacial.

Well, they 'can' grow above ground. Doesn't mean it 'always' will. Chances and probability, I would say. The OP would have to specify.

The thing is: If the tree grows at Sans speed, Sans won't be able to destroy it all before he gets hit, eventually. Regen, duplication, and all, all plays against Sans in this context.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
The thing is: If the tree grows at Sans speed, Sans won't be able to destroy it all before he gets hit, eventually. Regen, duplication, and all, all plays against Sans in this context.
wrong, he can react at sans's speed, but it doesn't boost his metabolism

Eh, how do gasters work and what's the range? If the range is far enough and does enough damage he should be able to do more damage at a faster rate than it can regen.

@Overlord Roots are just one part of it growing. The rest of the body should also grow at such speed.

@J-Man Unlikely, given the 40,000 trunks each regenerating and duplicating.

@Saikou untill you give a me a plant that grows at masivelly Hypersonic speeds, it won't matter, the growing of plants it's like Regenerationn, equalizing speed won't boost it, and the OP says that there's only ONE tree

Sans certainly doesn't have enough AP to take down multiple trees. If I'm not wrong, Sans is "Terminal Velocity of a falling human" level. That means that each attack from Sans would feel like a human falling on the tree from real high. Which is..not a lot on a sequoia sized target.

Not sure if dura negation means anything here though.

@Overlord Regenerationn IS boosted by speed equalized though. Someone with human level speed who can regenerate fast (For his speed level) would have their regen boosted if their speed is equalized against a faster opponent.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
@Overlord Regenerationn IS boosted by speed equalized though. Someone with human level speed who can regenerate fast (For his speed level) would have their regen boosted if their speed is equalized against a faster opponent.
metabolism, not speed, and what you said is also wrong because speed doesn't affect regen

The same could be said for any Regenerationn. EVERYTHING is equalized in such fights.

@J-Man still not enough to literally mow down multiple trees. At best a few of them focused on a tree can take it down.

Yeah and that should be enough should it not, even if for every two he kills one sprouts up it should get him somewhere even if it takes awhile. And saying not enough, are these not capable of harming tier 2 characters? I'd wager it's more than enough. Plus he can teleport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back