• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

sans VS. Composite Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait why can't robots have souls?Most robots are built from scraps and materials. However there is Mettaton who had a soul implanted within a robot body, however, this is the only robot that has this formula and concept, as others are mostly built from scratch.
How does something being made mean it can't have a soul?

Well how can something that can be made be implanted with a soul? What soul is going to be used??

Because a sufficiently advanced computer could make its own decisions? We aren't that far away from quantum computers...

LoyalservantofInti said:
Wait why can't robots have souls?
Most robots are built from scraps and materials. However there is Mettaton who had a soul implanted within a robot body, however, this is the only robot that has this formula and concept, as others are mostly built from scratch.How does something being made mean it can't have a soul? Well how can something that can be made be implanted with a soul? What soul is going to be used?? Because a sufficiently advanced computer could make its own decisions? We aren't that far away from quantum computers...
The question is, how do we know a newly built computer would have a soul to begin with?

LoyalservantofInti said:
How would a newly born human have a soul to begin with?
It's quite unknown if you ask me, logic around souls in Undertale it quite confusing once other fictional characters and worlds are added in.

Can the tree's poison actually affect Sans? Because of the, you know, being a skeleton and all. And also, can he be outlived? Because...well...skeleton. And while the rain could help, this time the tree is not a forest, so it's poison depends on the wind. Too circumstantial in my taste.

On the other hand, the equal speed does bring a good question. Does Sans have the speed of the Tree or the other way around? Because that could impact this outcome, me thinks.

• when you make a serious analysis about a Tree fighting Sans

The original topic should commence once more, being if a skeleton can take on an inanimate tree.

Yeah I don't know why it wasn't discussed.

If a tree's growing speed is its speed, then its roots would be Sans-speed.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
Can the tree's poison actually affect Sans? Because of the, you know, being a skeleton and all. And also, can he be outlived? Because...well...skeleton. And while the rain could help, this time the tree is not a forest, so it's poison depends on the wind. Too circumstantial in my taste.
On the other hand, the equal speed does bring a good question. Does Sans have the speed of the Tree or the other way around? Because that could impact this outcome, me thinks.

• when you make a serious analysis about a Tree fighting Sans
Well to answer your question, I said the tree's speed will be equalized to Sans'. And on your other question about poison harming or not sans. The thing is, Sans is a skeleton who chooses to eat ketchup, knows the taste of Papyrus' spaghetti, can change facial expressions, and can bleed (some speculate that it's ketchup, but we really aren't sure on that). If sans can be accomplish things a human with flesh can, than I feel he can be harmed by poison.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Yeah I don't know why it wasn't discussed.
If a tree's growing speed is its speed, then its roots would be Sans-speed.
Well, vise versa, Sans moving at a tree's speed is aswell ridonculous. But, I feel speed woulden't really be a problem, since attacking the tree is how the tree harms sans in the first place.

Disclaimer: What you all are about to read is actually a serious argument from my part. If you deem it too ridiculous... Just look at the title of this thread, for Gaia's sake. xD Keep in mind, this is assuming the tree has the best chance and absolute best of conditions. If this argument can't be used based on that, feel free to ignore this comment.

Well... Since the speed of the roots are the same as Sans', they would actually (more like, eventually) come on top of the ground (have seen roots from trees doing this). A good enough hit and Sans would actually be done for (carving through stone and all). Sans, obviously, will start teleporting, dodging the roots. This would go for a while, because of the unpredictable nature of roots growing, plus teleportation. After a very, very, very, very, VERY long time, Sans would start getting tired. Fortunately for him, the roots would be too long now, so they couldn't reach him, being near the tree to avoid them, too. Falling asleep (assuming poison affects him), the poison would eventually get to him. He would instantly wake up, of course. But alas, the roots are also filling with the sap, being carried through the wind, too. Sans is now poisoned.

The other scenario is that while sleeping, a little root might just hit him.

Or if he can die through normal means, the Tree outlives him and GG.

Thanks for reading! ovo

Disclaimer: What you all are about to read is actually a serious argument from my part. If you deem it too ridiculous... Just look at the title of this thread, for Gaia's sake. xD Keep in mind, this is assuming the tree has the best chance and absolute best of conditions. If this argument can't be used based on that, feel free to ignore this comment.
Well... Since the speed of the roots are the same as Sans', they would actually (more like, eventually) come on top of the ground (have seen roots from trees doing this). A good enough hit and Sans would actually be done for (carving through stone and all). Sans, obviously, will start teleporting, dodging the roots. This would go for a while, because of the unpredictable nature of roots growing, plus teleportation. After a very, very, very, very, VERY long time, Sans would start getting tired. Fortunately for him, the roots would be too long now, so they couldn't reach him, being near the tree to avoid them, too. Falling asleep (assuming poison affects him), the poison would eventually get to him. He would instantly wake up, of course. But alas, the roots are also filling with the sap, being carried through the wind, too. Sans is now poisoned.

Thanks for reading! ovo
Good reasoning my dude.

Oh right, I voted Inconclusive earlier, didn't I?

Changing to Tree for Lephyr's reasoning. Yeah.

The fact that the win will have a 'speed was equalized' note next to it just makes it that much funnier.

Wanna know the funny thing? Even if it was Sans with the Tree's speed, the Tree would still win. Because Sans is so slow, the poison would get to him even faster. Like, a ridiculous amount of faster compared to the other scenario.

Thanks for reading! ovo
Hm, I didn't expect this thread to exist for a Sans fight.

Anyways, I feel the tree wins because of this dudes arguement, I agree with it. 110%

and obviusly sans is just going to stand there and wait, come on ! his attacks ingnore durability, so he would take out the tree by death of a hundred cuts and a few dozen lasers, also the tree isn't hitting sans, sans dodged a hit when he was sleeping,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back