• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans VS Ash Ketchum

Sceptile busts Island. GG.

I typically don't like putting Sans up vs Pokemon because they're so versatile, but this takes the cake. He just sends out all 6 and they attack him and gg

Sceptilespy said:
I typically don't like putting Sans up vs Pokemon because they're so versatile, but this takes the cake. He just sends out all 6 and they attack him and gg
But is that in character for Ash? Personally, I would think that he'd treat the fight a bit more like a Pokémon battle, where he uses one Pokémon at a time. Now, if Sans tries to attack Ash himself, he might send out his whole party to defend himself, but otherwise, I would think he'd just try to go with Pikachu or Charizard or even Ash-Greninja by themselves first.

Starter Pack said:
Sceptilespy said:
But is that in character for Ash? Personally, I would think that he'd treat the fight a bit more like a Pokémon battle, where he uses one Pokémon at a time. Now, if Sans tries to attack Ash himself, he might send out his whole party to defend himself, but otherwise, I would think he'd just try to go with Pikachu or Charizard or even Ash-Greninja by themselves first.
Ok well first of all, speed isn't equalized, so all of Ash's pokemon speedblitz Sans. Second of all, you're right about the character thing, but each one of Ash's pokemon even with speed equalized would give Sans major trouble. He'd get tired extremely fast and get hit eventually, which is all that needs to happen

"Immensely faster than Chara/Frisk, who was able to dodge rays of sunlight and who was superior to Napstablook. Should be one of, if not the, fastest non-Immeasurable characters in the game."

If this is true, then it may be the other way around when it comes to speed.

Starter Pack said:
"Immensely faster than Chara/Frisk, who was able to dodge rays of sunlight and who was superior to Napstablook. Should be one of, if not the, fastest non-Immeasurable characters in the game."
If this is true, then it may be the other way around when it comes to speed.
Napstablook is MHS+. Being surperior to someone would grant him "MHS+" as well, or "at least MHS+"

Forgot to equalize speed. It's out of character for Ash to use all 6 Pokémon at the same time, unless Sans attacks Ash himself, or Sans inflicted fatal damage on one of them.

And now that speed is equalized, I will happily agree that all of Ash's Pokémon would likely overpower Sans, so I'm giving it to Ash.

Wouldn't Sans just impale Ash with a sudden bone through the ground before Ash would through all his pokemon at him? That seems more likely in character for me.

Starter Pack said:
And now that speed is equalized, I will happily agree that all of Ash's Pokémon would likely overpower Sans, so I'm giving it to Ash.
It's really not in character for Ash to throw out all of his Pokemon at once.

Starter Pack said:
That's not a valid reason. First of all, Ash is faster than Sans, so equalizing it helps Sans. Not only that, in this scenario, Sans is now massively faster than Ash thanks to teleportation. Finally, even a Caterpie could "overpower" Sans. That's the easy part. Problem is, can you catch him before he kills you?

(open mouth, insert foot mode)

Okay, so first off, I was the one that pointed out that it isn't in Ash's character to send out all of his Pokémon at once earlier before speed was equalized. Secondly, we also need to count Sans' personality as well. Normally, unless he was fighting someone with whom he has a grudge (such as Frisk/Chara), he won't put too much effort into it. Now, that being said, I do agree that since teleportation is able to be used by Sans, that gives him a huge advantage over Ash's Pokémon, some of the moves for Ash's Pokémon would help as well. For instance, Greninja has access to the moves Spikes and Smokescreen, which would hinder Sans' mobility and impair his eyesight, and Pikachu has access to Quick Attack, which would help him keep up with Sans.

However, I also do agree with the point that since Sans is so lazy, he'd probably impale Ash right there on the spot. However, he would also at least be impaired in his judgement to attack Ash directly due to his promise to Toriel. That isn't to say he will refuse to kill Ash, as stated in the SBA, but it would at least make Sans hesitate long enough for Ash to take advantage of it.

But, hey, to be frank, Sans impaling Ash right off the bat sounds a lot more plausible than Sans waiting until he grows too tired and have Ash's Pokémon take him out.

@Starter Pack

The way we treat Sans character here is that he is either bloodlusted he doesn't fight at all. Hense why he didn't fight Frisk/Chara/You until you killed literally everything in the underground. Hense why I said he's just impale Ash right out the gate since he's likely to do anything he possibly can to win.

The Wright Way said:
@Starter Pack
The way we treat Sans character here is that he is either bloodlusted he doesn't fight at all. Hense why he didn't fight Frisk/Chara/You until you killed literally everything in the underground. Hense why I said he's just impale Ash right out the gate since he's likely to do anything he possibly can to win.
we have a rule about pokemon trainers/digimon tamer/beyblade characters: whatever creature they use for battle is what is in battle. No targeting the user. Thats why Beyblade characters frequently stomp Dragonball characters. Gingka's Pegasus is Universe level, but Gingka himself surely isn't. If you remived the rule, Gingka gets roflstomped by virtue of killing him first.

@Chartate101

Thank you for the vindication. Now everyone can properly debate this without having Sans immediately stomping on Ash, as it does say this in the Versus Debate rules:

"It should be noted that Tamers are generally not treated as targets or fighters during the matches their team is in. The Trainer/Tamer/etc loses once all their available team members are defeated. A trainer can only use the amount of team members as allowed in their respective universes. As such Pokemon will only allow 6 members and at most 3 Pokemon at a time. In the terms of Digimon, depending on the series it's either 6 or 11 total. Once again only 3 at a time. The OP can also limit the number of creatures a trainer/tamer/etc can use per battle in order to make a fight more fair. However, the tamer should be allowed to have at least 2 of their representative team members in a battle."

So, can we please get on with the debate properly?

Bloodlusted Sans is literally gonna be Sans after you use MERCY on him. He ain't gonna let you have your turn. Sans stomps

I have a question, would Sans or his abilities technically have a typing to them? Ex. Ghost or psychic? If so, then some of ashes pokemon may have an immunity to all of sans abilities. (Like if sans is conidered a 'ghost type', none of his moves would affect snorlax). Also a move like odor sleuth could identitify sans teleport ability and Ashes pokemon have other abilities that could either make sans teleport move more predictable, or inflict a weakness on him like making him fall asleep or giving him paralysis. Would there be a way sans could truly avoid all this without just straight attacking Ash since that is illegal?

that's like saying every single offensive move in fiction can be considered a Pokemon Move. You can't use that kind of logic for all Pokemon-related fights. Although, Pokemon moves like Odor Sleuth and stuff would be used on other beings.

Mickey1940 said:
Bloodlusted Sans is literally gonna be Sans after you use MERCY on him. He ain't gonna let you have your turn. Sans stomps
Sans is bloodlusted throughout the entire Genocide Route fight. The only reason he one-shots you is because you drop your guard.

BrightAbyss said:
I have a question, would Sans or his abilities technically have a typing to them? Ex. Ghost or psychic? If so, then some of ashes pokemon may have an immunity to all of sans abilities. (Like if sans is conidered a 'ghost type', none of his moves would affect snorlax). Also a move like odor sleuth could identitify sans teleport ability and Ashes pokemon have other abilities that could either make sans teleport move more predictable, or inflict a weakness on him like making him fall asleep or giving him paralysis. Would there be a way sans could truly avoid all this without just straight attacking Ash since that is illegal?
None of Ash's Pokémon know Odor Sleuth though.

Sans' KRAMA will painfully hit anyone who is addicted to level up.
Attacking Ash himself: it is obvious that Ash will lose.
Attacking his Pokemon: the power of KRAMA, and Sans is not waiting to be hit.

Conclusion: Sans wins!

Mariogoods said:
Sans' KRAMA will painfully hit anyone who is addicted to level up.
Attacking Ash himself: it is obvious that Ash will lose.
Attacking his Pokemon: the power of KRAMA, and Sans is not waiting to be hit.

Conclusion: Sans wins!
First of all, learn to spell. Second, wtf are you on about? "Addcited to level up". 3rd, Sans can't attack Ash, only his Pokémon.

Please think before you speak

I feel like Ash would win this battle, even if he used one pokemon at a time (Which he likely would, in character.) I doubt Sans would be able to endure that many pokemon in a row, even if he did defeat each one with relative ease. And this is without considering that some of Ash's pokemon could likely defeat Sans on their own, anyway.

I feel as though the Pokemon would easily win. However, I feel as though Sans would very much instakill Ash once he realises, which he will do very quickly since it's obvious, that Ash controls the Pokemon. Once Ash sends out a single Pokemon, Sans can kill ash via a bonecage and that prevents the other five from ever entering the battle. So it really it depends on whose up first because even if they are stronger, they wouldn't be able to strategically analyse the fight without Ash, giving Sans an intelligence edge. Therefore I believe it depends on who gets sent out first because Sceptile, Charizard, Infernape and Ashninja should win. Pikachu would have problems strategising and Snorlax is too slow. It's more likely Ash could win but I'm voting Incon

It was stated previously that Pokemon Trainers have immunity until all six of their pokemon are defeated, read the page before you comment.

Back