• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans Resistance Negation Addition

Disagree with the CRT (you can't soul hax somebody without a soul), however...

The imgur link used to justify Flowey not having a soul is just him saying that he's "empty inside", which is meaningless

Disagree with the CRT (you can't soul hax somebody without a soul)
Everything is possible in fiction. A skeleton also cannot talk by your logic but here we are with sans so thats some real weird logic
The imgur link used to justify Flowey not having a soul is just him saying that he's "empty inside", which is meaningless
It is already accepted as such. So this is not a point

It is already accepted as such. So this is not a point
I'm not arguing for or against it, I'm only pointing out that it's a poor justification

It's more logical to assume that the projectiles don't just attack the soul than that Sans can soul hax soulless beings, especially since we literally see Toriel hit Flowey at the beginning of the game

I'm not arguing for or against it, I'm only pointing out that it's a poor justification

It's more logical to assume that the projectiles don't just attack the soul than that they can soul hax soulless beings, especially since we literally see Toriel hit Flowey at the beginning of the game
Thats not the point. Sans deals 1 damage and him killing flowey who is leagues above him (9-B vs Tier 8) makes no sense so it is more likely he used hax

Class 25 Lifting Strength Telekinesis sure would do a number on a flower, along with generally being faster and spamming attacks

Also about this,
Changing that to ENTRY NUMBER 7 and (mostly) ENTRY NUMBER 8 would probably be better, yeah
We'll need a vessel to wield the monster SOULs when the time comes.
After all, a monster cannot absorb the SOULs of other monsters.
Just as a human cannot absorb a human SOUL...
So then...
What about something that's neither human nor monster?
I've chosen a candidate.
I haven't told ASGORE yet, because I want to surprise him with it...
In the center of his garden, there's something special.
The first golden flower, that grew before all the others.
The flower from the outside world.
It appeared just before the queen left.
I wonder...
What happens when something without a SOUL gains the will to live?

I would more agree with Sans being possibly 8-C than him having Resistance Negation. Soulhaxing soulless beings gives nothing. It only means his soulhax works in a way where it would affect soulless people as well. He still wouldn't bypass people with actual soulhax resistance.

This whole thing is based on implications and combination of two seperate things, I see it more of an inconsistency

That would contradict his Check stats tho
I just said it as an example. I think this is just inconsistency caused by combining two seperate things, flowey soulles claim and flowey dies to Sans implication to hype up Sans. We don't know how the actual interaction between the two went and there is nothing else to go by to give Sans can hax soulless stuff thing

Last edited:
Flowey's 8-C is only possible through power creep through killing which is kinda iffy if he can even creep pass sans to even reach 8-C with some prep since he looks at him as a roadblock.

I think it's implied that Flowey basically did a Genocide Route and lost to Sans enough times to reset, which would put Flowey at 8-C, but don't take my word for it

I would more agree with Sans being possibly 8-C than him having Resistance Negation. Soulhaxing soulless beings gives nothing. It only means his soulhax works in a way where it would affect soulless people as well. He still wouldn't bypass people with actual soulhax resistance.

This whole thing is based on implications and combination of two seperate things, I see it more of an inconsistency
Stop clogging the thread.

Disagree FRA lol

Sans just beat flowy’s ass. Also affecting soulless beings with soul attacks is just a dumb inconsistency. Being soulless is also not a resistance so there is no resistance being negated here and there is no such thing as immunity negation given how the site treats unconventional immunity

I don't see where in OP scans it is implied Flowey can never get past Sans, all he says is he died to him a bunch of times.

Flowey's own profile says he could kill everyone in underground, which should logically include Sans.

Flowey also says he could never get past Asgore, implying he fought Asgore but could never beat him, he needs to get past Sans in order to fight Asgore as Sans will block Flowey.

Flowey's statements contradict themselves

Last edited:
Flowey also says he could never get past Asgore, implying he fought Asgore but could never beat him, he needs to get past Sans in order to fight Asgore as Sans will block Flowey.
Are you aware that Flowey can simply just go straight to Asgore since he can walk underground?

Also, he said that he tried more than hundreds way (300+) to make Asgore give him souls, physical fight might be the case too.

I mean still think about it if Sans hurt someone without a soul could still be in general resistance negation. Think about when Sans was put up against people without a SOUL its a stomp for the other fighter. But in this case how could this not be resistance negation if it falls under a category of a power/resistance that protects from a power but still gets beat the shit out of the powers that you have a protection from?

I disagree with the CRT for the reasons above.

Undertale attacks harm the soul and the body. Nothing implies that Sans harmed his "soul" he just beat up Flowey through his physical attacks and his other haxes.

Also, none of this means Flowey NEVER killed Sans, it means that Sans killed him more times than other monsters.

There is not enough evidence to prove Sans can soul hax soulless beings, he never fought in camera with soulless beings and even then he has multiple ways to harm soulless being that don't require soul hax.

I disagree with the CRT for the reasons above.

Undertale attacks harm the soul and the body. Nothing implies that Sans harmed his "soul" he just beat up Flowey through his physical attacks and his other haxes.

Also, none of this means Flowey NEVER killed Sans, it means that Sans killed him more times than other monsters.

There is not enough evidence to prove Sans can soul hax soulless beings, he never fought in camera with soulless beings and even then he has multiple ways to harm soulless being that don't require soul hax.
Repeating the fact that Sans needs an upgrade isn’t an argument. There are still other problems with what you’re proposing.
Tell me how Sans was able to defeat somehow leagues above him in terms of AP and durability when he should even be able to hurt him? I still couldnt get a single answer to that

Tell me how Sans was able to defeat somehow leagues above him in terms of AP and durability when he should even be able to hurt him? I still couldnt get a single answer to that
Dunno man, Frisk got soul resistance and takes soul damage as physical damage and still get their ass screwed even by 9-B sans

Flowey can't really land a finger on sans cause of instinctive action and teleporting. Sans ironically having higher stamina cause it's adverage vs unknown so flowey's durability is kinda useless if his stamina isn't even comparable to adverage with no real shown invulnerability from taking 9-B damage.

Flowey can't really land a finger on sans cause of instinctive action and teleporting. Sans ironically having higher stamina cause it's adverage vs unknown so flowey's durability is kinda useless if his stamina isn't even comparable to adverage with no real shown invulnerability from taking 9-B damage.
Its a 8-C. A damn 8-C. How is Sans supposed to beat him without taking a single hit while not using his dura neg??

Its a 8-C. A damn 8-C. How is Sans supposed to beat him without taking a single hit while not using his dura neg??
DURA NEG DOESN'T MATTER HERE BRO

It already was accepted that Frisk takes soul damage as physical one, and they're taking like, a lot of damage from Sans, even if they got more than 100 DEF

DURA NEG DOESN'T MATTER HERE BRO

It already was accepted that Frisk takes soul damage as physical one, and they're taking like, a lot of damage from Sans, even if they got more than 100 DEF
What in the ****...? Dude I literally just dont understand your logic. Thats literally what dura neg is

Besides Karma, doesn't Sans have that damage frames thing?

From what I remember he really does 1 damage to Frisk with the Gaster Blasters but the damage frame is so small that several 1 damage is dealt in a short time of hit (besides Karma)

I could be wrong, but I remember seeing this somewhere.

So you don’t think Sans should upscale?

Besides Karma, doesn't Sans have that damage frames thing?

From what I remember he really does 1 damage to Frisk with the Gaster Blasters but the damage frame is so small that several 1 damage is dealt in a short time of hit (besides Karma)

I could be wrong, but I remember seeing this somewhere.
Yes thats how his durability negation works + KARMA poison
So you don’t think Sans should upscale?
Hell no! That breaks the entire point of his stats

Turn off your powerscaling brain for a moment. The lore of the game does not imply that Flowey is immune to all of Sans' attacks with sheer durability.

Sans is one of the fastest monsters and can deal a lot of damage with fast attacks, the damage just stacks. He is like a minigun in a world of sniper rifles. Sure sniper rifles deal more damage at once but miniguns deal rapid damage. That and in gameplay, Sans can ignore immunity frames and deal more than 1 damage per second.

Nothing in the lore of Undertale implies Sans is unable to harm Flowey, quite the opposite.

Back