• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sandman (Marvel Comics) vs Crocodile

>Stamina

>OP character

Huh...

It's funny that even being clearly superior Sandman can't do jack to Croc. The same goes for Croc tho.

But when it comes to stamina Crocodile scales far above fodder such as Mohji and Cabaji who can fight for 12 hours.

This battle is like to logia with same element fighting to each other without using each other weakness, and some hour they will simply stop fighting cause no one can hurt each other

@Calaca

OP fodders can fight for 12 hours, this is really funny. For some reason, Sandman's profile don't have any information about his stamina, but i will count your vote.

This is the eqavalent of bring sand to a sand fight. It hard to tell you would win since neither of their attacks are gonna land. Sandbro don't have any means to touch Crocoboi, while for Crocoboi the same holds true since he hadn't displayed Haki, which would turn this battle into his favor since he is likely more stronger than Sandman if this is MF Crocodile.

Overall, inconclusive as this battle is one of attrition, wearing the other down until they make a mistake or simply stop fighting seeing no purpose in continuing such a pointless fight that could lasts hours with no results; also I don't know the limit of Sandman's own to compare with Crocodile's stamina.

How powerful is Croc's sand manipulation?

Also, does his resistance scale to his potency in that area, or is there something else?

Crocodile as the ability to create huge sandstorms that can engulf the Aluburna City Square, make multiple sharp bladed weapons out of sand, and create quicksand.

He can also suck all the moisture out of any object, living or non-living, by touching it with his right hand. This ability allows him to utterly destroy his surroundings, killing and macerating any biological substances via dehydration.

As for his resistance, his elemental body make him highly resistence, if not almost immune to the element they manipulates; discussed here

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2484412

That first feat is fun.

That said, the reason I ask is because Sandman can absorb sand into himself. In the event that Croc goes for his elemental intangibility (which will likely happen at some point, since this fight is probably going to drag out for a while), Flint might just try absorbing him, which would turn this into a battle of who's the better/stronger sand manipulator.

For reference, Flint once gained control over the entire Sahara Desert. That's about 3.552 million square miles of sand.

This control over the Sahara Desert depends on the battle scenario. And I think it would be better to have a place where neither will be favored, for example... It would be better if the battle were to take place in an open field of grass, or a concrete arena.

>Flint might just try absorbing him

Great! Now I have Ptsd from Fairy Tail Dragon Slayer vs Logia

I don't know about the whole absorbing shitck, Crocodile could easily turn back to normal if that the case and he can also absorb sand into himself like this https://imgur.com/a/V7bac; but haven't shown feats of that of Sandman you just show me.

So basically, Sandman is basically immortal here. As I stated before, this stalemate at best, if Crocodile can be exhausted at all, then he's gonna lose. But if he can't, then it's simply a stalemate.

Rei Rubro said:
This control over the Sahara Desert depends on the battle scenario. And I think it would be better to have a place where neither will be favored, for example... It would be better if the battle were to take place in an open field of grass, or a concrete arena.
Would that matters, Crocodile could just turn everything into sand, reducing the entire area into a desert if he want to.

Rei Rubro said:
That wasn't my point. My point was that, if Flint attempts to absorb Croc when the latter goes elemental intangible, it comes down to which character has stronger sand manipulation and whether or not Croc is powerful enough to break free.

This brings us back to the same point above; which person is the more powerful sand manipulator? That person should be able to overpower the other if it comes down to one of them absorbing the other's sand.

Flint can also trap normal people inside of himself as well, and regularly does that in order to basically suffocate his opponents. (See here, here, here, and here.) So Croc turning back to normal might not save him.

Attempting to absorb a Logia won't go well iirc. From what I remember WoG states that if someone were to attempt to eat Kuzan who's made of ice it would result in him taking over the persons body.

I don't think we use WoG statements unless they're backed up by stuff that's already happened in-universe.

Did that situation ever happen to anyone in OP?

I think it typically works from verse to verse, Oda isn't the one to lie about abilities and such but I'm not sure of WoG is handled here.

In verse? No, nobody has ever attempted to consume or absorb a Logia before.

Edit: Actually Luffy tried to eat Croc before but it didn't have any effect on him.

I wouldn't say that trying to eat someone (read: what Luffy did) compares to literally absorbing them and making them a part of your form. (Which is what Sandman does with sand)

Luffy also only ate part of Croc there, which would be a lot different from say, this.

That's weird, that doesn't really seem like absorbtion to me but more along the lines of possession. Care to give more context to it? I'm not very big on comics.

Although I'm curious since Logia's have been shown to effect and manipulate their own elements as well. Wouldn't Croc in theory be able to absorb Sandman as well?

I don't think there's much to give. IIRC, that's all we really see as far that one showing in particular.

In order to absorb Sandman, he'd have to absorb the "queen bee" particle that's in control of every other grain of sand in his body. If he doesn't do that right away (assuming he figures out what and where it is to begin with) it can detach from his body and form another one from any other sand it can find.

Or just about anything else that's made of sand, like broken glass.

Isn't the possession situtation handled with Lifting Strength? Like, to restrain Crocodile inside his body Flint should have bigger LS.

Back