• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Armor girl vs cloth girl. Both mountain levdl. Who wins? Speed (possibly) equalized.

Ryuko Matoi
Character samus varia suit 07
The iconic female game character

I don't believe that Samus in her mountain level tier has anyway to bypass Ryuko's regen, so any damage she does gets regenerated and Ryuko gets stronger from it. Plus Ryuko is already quite a high level of 7-A, so she gets my vote.

If Samus has her ice beam, she could easily overcome Ryuko's Regenerationn. Others wise, Samus is still far more tactical and has better range. I'll give it to Samus.

How would ice overcome Ryuko's regen? Plus Ryuko's boiling blood would likely let her break free of it in seconds if Samus tries to trap her with it.

Samus's Ice beam can freeze targets to AZ tempuratures, and it's even frozen plasma lasers turning them into solid platforms. Really hard to resist ice that powerful.

Oh, that was the Judicator beam I was thinking of. And other wise, I think the plain Ice Beam being AZ may have ben limited to the Omega Suit. But anyway, if Samus has the Judicator Beam, by point still remains.

This is just Samus with the Basic Legendary Power Suit, which, unless im reading this wrong, only has Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, a Scan Visor, Self-Healing, Precognition, Regenerationn, Energy Projection, Weapon Mastery, and Vehicular Mastery, none of the weaponized elemental attacks like the Legendary Varia Suit

Well, Most of the Metroid Prime Hunters are ranked as 7-A on their profiles likely indicating the scale from the suit you mentioned; which includes Noxus, the one who has Judicator beam. Anyway, it's been a while since I played that game, so I could be wrong, but if you're right and Samus has her Varia Suit fighting them; then those hunters should be 5-B.

But either way, charged shots or spammed beams are also good ways to overcome Regenerationn.

Hmm, okay i think i see the problem, this is the version of Samus who fought 7-A Ridley, but before she fought them and obtained all of those weapons, she has all of the power but none of the varied weaponry. Also, just as a heads up, Judicator is listed as being near AZ, not actually AZ.

How would it would overcome instantaneous Regenerationn?

If it was actually AZ, it would cause the atomic bonds to lose the energy that keeps them together and the atoms themselves would collapse. But it isn't AZ, so Ryuko's boiling blood heats the ice back up and breaks her free of it and regenerates from any cellular damage caused by flash freezing.

Charged shots and spammed beams would not overcome Ryuko's Regenerationn.

If the ice thing doesn't work, I don't think Samus can win. But are you sure Ryüko's boiling blood can melt something that's nearly Absolute Zero? There are characters whose normal ice is (are?) resistant to fire and some can even flash freeze it (looking at Silver and Invel from Fairy Tail) and their ice is nowhere near Absolute Zero. I'm not sure if there's anything special about Ryüko's heated blood that would allow her to melt ice that's near Absolute Zero temperatures. What are her feats with it? I just know it caused something to happen to Senketsu (maybe get wrinkled or something) but I can't remember anything else.

She doesn't exactly have feats with it, as its more a passive state she exists in. But Senketsu has said things along the lines of "your blood is boiling" "your blood is too hot" "you need to cool your blood" etc. and steam has come off her body many times during her fights. If it is just a freeze beam from a gun I doubt it has any special properties that stop it from melting under heat, and even Absolute Zero is still just a temperature than can be warmed up. It would give Samus time to fire a few shots most likely, but I doubt even that would help in the long run thanks to Ryuko's regen.

Also, yeah, senketsu got a little wrinkled. Just a little

@Monarch Actually no, Absolute Zero cannot be 'warmed up', Absolute Zero nullifies all energy (ie. heat) regardless of the source.

You sure about that? Absolute Zero is just the absence of all energy and vibration in the atoms, while heat is energy and vibration in the atoms. Why couldn't you just put energy back into the frozen atoms and heat them up?

Nothing suggesting Ryüko's blood can melt it though. It's something like guesswork especially when she has done nothing particularly impressive with it. If Samus' ice is really near Absolute Zero, I don't see Ryüko melting it.

This was discussed extensively on the thread about Dante's new abilities, heat cannot counter Absolute Zero no matter the temperature.

@Burning Samus doesnt have access to her Absolute Zero weapon, or any of her ice weapons in this case

@Scarlet I'll need a source on that, because it doesn't seem to make sense to me.

@Burning Nothing suggests she can't. It's ice, and her blood is hot. She can melt through it. Also, it isn't absolute zero, only near absolute zero, so even accepting that you require infinite heat to heat up absolute zero, it still doesn't matter to the fight. Plus samus doesn't have ice weaponry in this case anywya

Also, I just looked through every mention of "absolute zero" on that dante thread, and you guys never explained why it is impossible to counter absolute zero with heat, you just said it was...

No, look at my example of Silver and Invel from Fairy Tail. Just because something's hot doesn't necessarily mean it will melt fire ice. Even Esdeath has resistance to fire and heat because it did nothing to her ice or something like that. Natsu melted steel and evaporated sand very early on in his series. Yet, Silver casually flash froze him. He did the same to Atlas Flame who's made of fire (or fire practically envelopes him) and who's >>>>>>>>>> the versions of Natsu that did those feats. He casually flash froze the both of them. And they're supposed to be melting ice like it's nothing given how high the temperature of their fire should be. Invel also casually did the same to a version of Natsu that's >>>> the ones I mentioned. Gray also froze a fire mage. Their ice is nowhere near Absolute Zero. Samus' fire is supposed to be nearly Absolute Zero and Ryüko's blood is supposed to somehow melt it when she has no impressive feats with it. I don't agree.

Oops, never mind then.

@Burning No Ryuko wouldnt be able to resist AZ by heating her blood, but Samus doesnt have any ice weaponry in this form so that doesnt really matter...

I thought she did. It's part of her classic weaponry, regardless of the suit. Don't quote me on that tho.

@Burning Magical Akame Ga Kill and Fairy Tail ice is not samus aran ice beams, so that point is kinda irrelevant...

Sorry, I don't understand. Is it because the examples I provided are from different series? Personally, I think it makes sense since Samus' ice is better than Gray's, Silver's, or Invel's based on the description. But since Samus doesn't have it, I can agree with my examples being irrelevant.

Given time and heat, any ice is going to melt. And it still won't pass Ryuko's regen. Assuming Samus has ice weaponry:

Samus fire ice beam -> Ryuko freezes -> Samus leaves her to win by incap, and Ryuko melts her way out

OR

Samus fire ice beam -> Ryuko freezes -> Samus attacks her to kill her -> Ice breaks, Ryuko regens

Guys, Samus doesnt have her ice beam in this form. Regardless of whether or not Ryuko could regen from or break out of the ice it doesnt matter because its not applicable in this scenario.

@Ever. I can promise you she has the Ice Beam in every game, given that they're the only way to kill Metroids...period, and I know that weapon exists in Metroid 1. (I'm gonna look so dumb if I'm wrong)

Actually she does.... (Assuming Cal means Pre-legendary Varia Samus which is what he is showing image + tiering wise)

@Cal

Umm... I didn't comment on this thread once.

How the hell did I come to mind when you typed that?

The version of Samus being used here is the Basic Legendary Power Suit, which isnt listed as having Ice Beam. If she has it then her page needs to be adjusted...

@Weekly really? @Cal what version are you using here? Legendary Basic Power Suit or Pre-Legendary Varia Suit (Ie the one you're showing)?

Also Wave Beam would bypass her armor, so her dura would be equal to her base form's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back