• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Errrrm, not for long actually. You guys can continue if you want, but this thread actually reminded me that Basic Legendary Power Suit Samus scales to 6-B enemies, so....

Every single 2-D Metroid game and a good chunk of the 3-D ones has the Ice Beam. The uit in question (Metroid 1 Samus / Samus in Zero Mission before reaching the Chozo Trial) has the Ice Beam. So that's the answer to that, for whatever it's worth.

Speaking of ice and Metroid, we recently got our first really good Zero Mission hack, which is ice themed. What a coincidence that I happened to be checking that out around the same time I found folks discussing ice in Metroid! But enough of my rambling.

How do I play hack? (Reply to this on my wall, if you can please to avoid disrupting that thread) But yeah, what Freeman said is right.

Monarch Laciel said:
Given time and heat, any ice is going to melt. And it still won't pass Ryuko's regen. Assuming Samus has ice weaponry:

Samus fire ice beam -> Ryuko freezes -> Samus leaves her to win by incap, and Ryuko melts her way out->
Yeah, and that's why someone who's arguably made of fire got frozen for so long that his memories got damaged and Natsu couldn't melt it. You know, the same Natsu whose flames are much hotter than Ryüko's boiling blood. I'm not even arguing that it would do anything to Ryüko's Regenerationn. I don't even know what's there to regenerate from if someone gets frozen solid. Just that it's not a given her blood will melt it.

Lol, sorry I couldn't resist. >.> But I'll shut up now, no matter what.

Why are you using magical Fairy Tail ice as an example in a Samus V Ryuko thread??? There is nothing special about Samus's ice apart from how cold it is!! And all cold things will melt given heat and enough time!! Even absolute zero (@weekly and @scarlet) will melt. Hell it won't even stay at absolute zero because the moment any moving thing, wave or particle touches it, it will have energy/motion again, and thus will not be absolute zero!!

Also, now that I've looked into AZ, even if Samus's beam was actually absolute zero, IIRC zero-point energy would keep ryuko's frozen atoms together, so even that wouldn't bypass her durability.

I will concede that if Samus was to stand there, continuously firing ice-beams at Ryuko for the rest of their lives, it would be probably be inconclusive. Unless Ryuko, who is younger and probably has a longer lifespan due to being a life-fiber hybrid simply outlives her.

Wouldn't the thermal shock from something near the AZ kill the Life Fibers though? I'm fairly sure that they never faced something like it. AZ does bypass durability, because without heat difference within your body, it won't work and you'll die. It's like shutting down every single cell at once, it isn't going to kill you if it is for a nanosecond, but it will if it continues for a while. Not to mention that even if she is actually at the absolute zero only for a moment, she would still be frozen for a while, and that's all time that Samus can use to hit her

@Monarch

Well, I'm simply using it as an example since there are no others in Kill la Kill and I'm not familiar with Metroid. Although I'm confused why you keep on saying magical. Is it because magical ice would be better than normal ice? I don't think that matters because ice that's near AZ >>>> any ice in Fairy Tail. Even if we say it's going to melt, it's going to take an absurdly long amount of time. In fact, there are even instances of ice freezing fire/heat itself. But I won't say anything else since you're surprisingly against me using examples from other franchises. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it if they're related.

It's because magical ice is magic. It's obviously not normal and has properties to keep it from melting. Normal cold-frozen ice is going to melt eventually.

Huh? No, it can melt. The ice is normal. It behaves like normal ice. Besides, Laxus' lightning is magical too and is accepted as real lightning. Also, that's just an example from Fairy Tail. There are actually others. It depends on the temperature of the heat/fire, I'm guessing.

Of course, its gonna melt, eventually. But by then, either the thermal shock kills her (thus no help from regen), or she blows her up to frozen pieces, over and over til she can't regen.

Is Samus liable to use freeze beam in character before Ryuko simply grows regens and grows too strong to be frozen from repeated damage from laser blasts? And I don't think thermal shock can stop molecular based regen, especially when her own boiling blood is stopping her from freezing properly.

I'm not sure if strength can make her immune to freezing.

Also if Samus blows her up so much, Ryuko will run out of blood which is pretty bad for her.

@SD Blood loss definitely isnt a problem for Ryuko, she's lost literal gallons of blood all at one time and shrugged it off like it was nothing

Strength could help her break out of the ice. And running out of blood stopped being a problem for Ryuko at about the point she ripped her own skin off and drenched the surroundings in a rain of blood.

@weekly being blown to tiny pieces would make you lose quite a bit of gallons, and that which she keeps would be frozen, hence unusable.

@Monarch, nah when Samus freezes a being, the being itself is frozen not the outside.

Because... she would be dead? You... do know blood is required to live to begin with? Had she still had blood in her, then she could regenerate blood, but if you remove it in the first place, then you won't be able to regen.

Not that it matters, noticed Ryuko's regen isn't quite enough to survive being blown to small body parts.

But how would Samus remove every drop of blood from Ryuko' body when she can regenerate it instantly?

High-Mid regen isnt enough to regenerate being blown apart?

But none of Samus's abilities have the power to blow her into small body parts seeing as the only reason Ryuko isn't High 7-A is because the feats that place her well above normal mountain level in both AP and durability are unquantifiable.At most Samus could blow a large chunk off her, which her regen would immediately take care of.

@Monarch, regen shouldn't work while frozen, so while she is frozen Samus can just keep blowing her up using her superior range and scan visor to detect how strong her regen is.

@Weekly When frozen, her regen shouldn't activate no? After all her body shouldn't be able to move or expand, which would include regen. So instantly is out of the question.

It is if they're okay sized body parts left after being blown up, if shes blowed apart to smaller bits, if we go by the regen page, it wouldn't be enough.

If she's frozen is she damaged? The second Samus tries to attack her with an attack other than her ice the ice would break and Ryuko would regenerate.

What does she have that would blow her into such small bits wihile also dealing with Ryuko's regen?

So this version of Samus is confirmed to have ice attacks?

Again, this isn't just ice just surrounding Ryuko, being frozen with the Ice Beam freezes you in your entirely, hence why several enemies in the Metroid universe don't simply get freed from being shot after frozen. Hence why she wouldn't regen afterward.

She'll spam missiles, like usual (she usually does this til the enemy is shattered into small pieces (Think fingers) so in acknowledgment of her regen she'll go further.

Idk, Cal never responded. Actually, I don't even know why this thread is even continuing?

Hmm...i see...

Responded to what? The version of Samus being used? It's the only one listed as 7-A, the Basic Legendary Power Suit, which isnt even listed as having any variation of Ice Beams...

So Samus has freeze beams in this form?

I was thinking it just encased the target in ice. If it actually freezes the target themselves, then that would be enough to kill or incap Ryuko. Is there a possibility of energy weapons melting out Ryuko when Samus uses them though?

Okay, a few things:

1. Does Samus lead with the Ice Beam, and does she have unlimited uses for it?

2. Just how thoroughly does it freeze, and do the targets frozen remain frozen after theyre destroyed?

3. Why are we assuming Samus is going to get a guaranteed hit, especially with her flight advantage?

Her beams stack on top of each other, so yes. Also yes.

It freezes to the point that the innards of a Metroid become ice, and yes after shattering they remain frozen.

Well A- She has fought a lot of flying enemies, B- Range advantage means she will eventually get her, C- She has precog

@Monarch, the Ice Beam is the energy weapon so no.

@SBD said my thoughts exactly. On topic, since Samus's weaker suits are gonna be scaled to the Leviathans, which are currently ranked as 6-A, though mentioned above to be 6-B, this might turn out to be a stomp thread.

Yeah, EoS doesn't have flight, reactive evolution, attack reflection or anythin...

Hang on

Reactive evolution? Attack reflection?

Hmmm.

She was able to reflect Nui's energy sword beam as well in one of the later episodes. I'll try to find it.

Can you show scans (I cant access this site on my computer) or link the fight (im assuming it was a fight) on youtube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back