• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus Aran vs Rias Gremory

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she gets hit at all with any wave combo she's screwed, it'll either freeze her solid (and heat won't do anything, you can freeze things solid while in lava) or melt her inside out, barriers and such aren't stopping it and going to cqc Samus is a horrendous idea considering she can just slow down time and shoot her the moment she gets close.

She can fly and has pretty good range, don't see a single reason to get close. In fact Rias pretty much always keeps distance in battle.

Rias has the advantage when it comes to dodging as better Aoe and Samus with her bomb doesn't have great range, and as said before they can both ignore defences, but abilty to disintegrate her opponents equipment which Samus depends on kinda makes me give the win to Rias,

Lol, okay.

For Rias, she can likely damage the consciousness and soul of her opponent, but I'm thinking I should make a thread for it first...which will be in forever.

Newendigo said:
Will+ Since when penetrate can bypass armor, it doe not just bypass barries? Even then Samus has plasma and wave beam (With the plus of spazer, ice and charged beam) so the point is moot.

That could be good if she does not die first, due to all her internal organs freezed by Samus, her opponent just need to land a single hit on her and Rias is already done.

Samus has the range advantage and facing flying opponents are nothing new to her.
Rias bypasses any defence and she can desintigrate Samu's armor and in fact she kinda needs that one hit as well.

Range as I said won't help here and fighting flying opponents is good and all, but it's not enough considering those opponents only have flight in common with Rias while every other abilty is different.

Edit: *looks at the clock and remembers he has to work tomorrow* Good Night!

Time slow is gonna be a bitch for Rias.

Samus gas dealt with Ridley, someone who fights constantky in flight, nothing new there.

Samus actually does have massive AoE, as shown in Samus and joey, her beams can cover a karge area and even normal bombs abd missiles have a large explosion area.

Ruas summoning wyverns and such is a bad idea, you're just giving Samus more energy.

BFF+ Sorry but saying now that Rias can:

• Use wyverns.
  • Bypass durability.
  • have better range attack than now and etc.
It is quite convenient.

She can. They can't use Divide or Reflect like Issei, but they can use Boost, Transfer and Penetrate.

She can. That's what matter disintegration is.

I said likely, I'm not sure so I want to reread some things again.

Its always been in the 5-B spot actually.

Anyways, do her wyverns need to make contact with the blasts to actually work?

Wait a second, doesnt Samus have resistance to atomic destruction?

Doesn't she tank her atoms getting ripped apart in Samus and Joey?

Would that really matter? Varia suit doesn't give her resistances like that, just has higher durability and environmental resistances, thats how it's always been.

Wouldn't ice beam still work? It has a massive AoE, it can freeze an entire star and as of Samus Returns she has it in her weakest suit.

The 7-A Key for Samus refers to her basic Power Suit, the yellow suit with the somewhat believable shoulderpads. The equipment Samus should have at 7-A should be whatever she can get before acquiring Varia Suit. Going entirely off of my memory, this should be: Power Beam, Long Beam, Charge Beam, Ice Beam, Diffusion Beam, Power Grip, Morph Ball, Spring Ball, Spider Ball, Bombs, Missiles, Super Missiles (Fusion only as a direct upgrade to her regular Missiles), Scan Pulse, Electro Armor, High Jump Boots and Speed Booster (Zero Mission and Fusion only). The only time Samus can get the Wave Beam before Varia is technically in Zero Mission by sequence breaking, although the player is expected to have received Varia Suit before getting the Wave Beam if the player follows the plot intended route. Once again that power ups list is based off memory and a 30 second Google search, so I might have made a slight error or two.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Wouldn't ice beam still work? It has a massive AoE, it can freeze an entire star and as of Samus Returns she has it in her weakest suit.
Hmm, is this some kind of outlier? If not, shouldn't this mean she should be Star level and have Stellar range?

@Hunter

Thanks.

+BFF

1) Yes, Samus spam range attacks all the time, she has training in close combat but that does not means that she could not use a more easy way to get rid of her enemies.

• That would likely her end, becuase Samus can reach her more easily.
  • Fair, I think.
  • The Wave Beam, though the context is kinda hard to me.
  • Samus faces flying opponents all the time....
  • Since now Rias has wyverns, that is not my fault, and thee scenario would be like with Metroids (I.e, she destroys the wyverns).
  • She has scans that allow her to track her opponents.
  • That woud be hard because Samus would already out of there, she fights running and shooting.
That Its quite convenient now.....

2) The difference is that Samus do all her missions alone, while Rias (Im kinda lost in DxD) is most of the time with her teams mates, that says a lot. If she needed the help of her team to get out of most of the threats in there, then if she fights all alone agaisnt a warrior like Samus, Rias will not get out of there.

3) Or the projectiles simply phase through her barries?

4) Does not really matter, someone say that in the mountain range the "one-shots" are rarely seen.

5) I dont even know where she get the pregoc from....

6) Or could go either way, Samus could also disintagrate her attacks (Or simply phase through them). And shot fire to the projectiles is useless, because will not stop the other effects of the beam. Also there is a different between -Taking a hit directly to your body and taking a hit that pass through your body as well freezing all your organs-

7) Okay, I agree, that is not a thing.

8) Nothing really...

I want to take a break, now shut the $%@# up let me sleep....

It's not an outlier. She just never had ice beam prior to now in the power suit.

Also cant you get wave before varia in Samus Returns?

That would likely her end, becuase Samus can reach her more easily.

When I said teleporting, I don't mean in her face or anything. I mean, where her ranged attacks will actually work. She doesn't fight in melee.

The Wave Beam, though the context is kinda hard to me.

Not sure what you mean here... I already addressed the Wave Beam stuff.

Samus faces flying opponents all the time....

William already explained this one pretty well.

Since now Rias has wyverns, that is not my fault, and thee scenario would be like with Metroids (I.e, she destroys the wyverns).

They can be summoned again. They're not one time things.

She has scans that allow her to track her opponents.

Okay? Illusions don't have to be about hiding yourself or anything.

That woud be hard because Samus would already out of there, she fights running and shooting.

No, it's usable even if the target is moving. Akeno's child teleported Xenovia's when he was moving. And the monsters created by Annihilation Maker should have been teleported even with their constant movement, if they weren't resistant to it.

That Its quite convenient now.....

Which one?

The difference is that Samus do all her missions alone, while Rias (Im kinda lost in DxD) is most of the time with her teams mates, that says a lot. If she needed the help of her team to get out of most of the threats in there, then if she fights all alone agaisnt a warrior like Samus, Rias will not get out of there.

Still standard experience for normal exorcists. And not only Rias, all of the protagonists regularly go against characters that outclass them in experience. Of course, she needs help. They're mostly one to two tiers above her, so she obviously can't win alone.

Or the projectiles simply phase through her barries?

She doesn't need barriers...

Does not really matter, someone say that in the mountain range the "one-shots" are rarely seen.

I know, never meant to imply that.

Or could go either way, Samus could also disintagrate her attacks (Or simply phase through them). And shot fire to the projectiles is useless, because will not stop the other effects of the beam. Also there is a different between -Taking a hit directly to your body and taking a hit that pass through your body as well freezing all your organs-

How can Samus do that? Her page doesn't mention she can disintegrate things like that. Hmm, I don't think you understand what I said. I addressed Samus using Wave Beam, Ice Beam and both in tandem with each other.

I want to take a break, now shut the $%@# up let me sleep....

Sorry, want to sleep too. Can't come back here till tomorrow. Technically, it's already tomorrow.

Samus can shoot down Rias projectiles, she destroys enemy attacks all the time and Wyverns are a bad idea, they'll be more helpful to Samus than they would be to Rias.

Now how does Rias stop ice beam? Because it's gonna ohko and it's AOE is massive or even missiles AOE.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Also cant you get wave before varia in Samus Returns?
I think you require Varia Suit to get through a super heated area, then kill the first Gamma Metroid of the game. That clears the path to Wave Beam I believe. Besides, you get Wave Beam in the same area you get Varia so I don't think Samus in base Power Suit should have Wave Beam.

Huh, youre right.

Although there's still Super where wave is accesible plus it's listed in her Tier 7 key so this isn't really relevant.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Huh, youre right.
Although there's still Super where wave is accesible plus it's listed in her Tier 7 key so this isn't really relevant.
In Super Metroid, Varia is required to get through the super heated part of Norfair to get to Wave Beam in the fist place. When has Samus ever gotten the Wave Beam before Varia? Seems like a relevant topic to me.

Just a heads up, Samus's Ice Beam can also freeze plasma lasers; and when combined with Wave Beam, it can phase through each and every projectile and freeze all of them at once. I should also add that Samus has pre recognition, so she's very good at predicting her opponents every single move. And yeah, in Zero Mission, I think she can get the Wave Beam before the Varia Suit iirc.

I might add, that actually, Samus does have some resistance to temperature and gravity even in just her basic power suit; not saying she's immune, but the fact that she was able to survive on a 960 G environment is automatic proof that she has some gravity resistance in her zero suit let alone her Basic Power Suit. On top of that, a planet with such high gravity I can imagine must be extremely hot naturally, and the lava there must be thousands of times hotter than Earth lava. And she would have to have some cold resistance in order to even use the Ice Beam; it's not like she freezes herself the second she uses it. Again, not saying she's immune, and her resistance is obviously much greater in her Varia and Gravity Suits, but that doesn't mean her basic power suit still has resistance to those things.

Oh yeah, someone should add the vote counts. Was it 6 for Samus and 2 for Rias? Ecchi hasn't stated any reasons for voting; otherwise, there'd be 7 for Samus I think.

"Yawn"....... Okay...

Not sure what you mean here... I already addressed the Wave Beam stuff.

What I mean is that the beam will phase through her attacks, sorry is just that my keyboard does not respond to my hits.

William already explained this one pretty well.

Really? What about Dark Samus, Phantoo, Nightmare, Ruins Test and Ridley (The latter having multiple encounters)? What about the other aliens that she fought who don't even have a page?

They can be summoned again. They're not one time things.

Then Samus destroy them again. Also didn't this things have a cooldown?

Okay? Illusions don't have to be about hiding yourself or anything.

One of her visors allow her to see the thermal light spectrum, I.e: She shoot the thing that is emitting normal thermal radiation (I.e: Rias).

No, it's usable even if the target is moving. Akeno's child teleported Xenovia's when he was moving. And the monsters created by Annihilation Maker should have been teleported even with their constant movement, if they weren't resistant to it.

Yeah well..... Wait, Akeno has child?

Still standard experience for normal exorcists. And not only Rias, all of the protagonists regularly go against characters that outclass them in experience. Of course, she needs help. They're mostly one to two tiers above her, so she obviously can't win alone.

Standard? This girl was raised, trained and modified by a advanced alien race in a planet that has 960x the gravity of the earth after seen all her colony being massacred, I'm not mentioning the rest because that is to much, but what thing has Samus is not standard.

Intelligence, skill and experience is something very important when it comes to characters that have similar AP and can counter each abilities.

She doesn't need barriers...

I thought her barriers was what disintegrade the projectiles...

How can Samus do that? Her page doesn't mention she can disintegrate things like that. Hmm, I don't think you understand what I said. I addressed Samus using Wave Beam, Ice Beam and both in tandem with each other.

I mean that both attacks clashes with each other, I know is kinda contradictory now that I think about it.

And no, what you said is that "She use fire to stop the effect of the ice" which is useless because will not stop the other effects of the beam, you also said that it would be fine that the attack simply phase through her, which is not fine at all.

I must admit that I underrestimate Rias a lot in my first comment, now I see the match much more closer than before, but I still siding with Ms. Aran.

Also: Hunter01, J-Ma, DarkDrago and Data+

....Stop delaying the thread with irrelevant stuff about Samus's power ups.........

Dude, you realize discussing what Samus can or can not do is important since it has been questioned like twice in this thread.

Anyway in case it wasn't clear, Samus' Beams stack, wave+ice isn't two seoerate beams, it's one beam that can phase but holds the property of ice beam, same with wave plus anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back