• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus Aran vs Rias Gremory

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Newendigo please read my comments before saying anything, only my last comment was about that topic and its was to clarify and end the discussion.

@Newendigo, no one's derailing the thread. Discussing a character's powers and abilities is a quintessential part of a versus thread. Anyway, Samus has pre recognition, so the whole illusions thing thing isn't going to work on Samus; especially if she has her scan visor. She has fought multiple enemies capable of flight and teleportation; one example is the Ing. Additionally, Samus has resistance to durability negation, because even her vitals are just as durable as her power suit as long as she wears the power suit; given it's biologically linked to her.

Bottomline, Samus has an answer to just about all of Rias's hax abilities, but the same thing can't be said about Rias. Wave Beam + Ice Beam combination hax can bypass all barriers, and demons Rias summons while simultaneously freezing them, and it could freeze Rias's entire DNA to near Absolute Zero temperatures.

How is she ever gonna freeze her when she is flying spams attacks with big AOE that Samus can barely dodge. Dodging a little Aoe beam is super easy and even easier in flight plus she can counter it with her own attacks if not dodge it.

Being resistant on durabilty negation because her body is as resistant as her armor doesn't really help against an attack that desintigrates matter. Also, that's not resistance on durabilty ignoring like seriously who cares how durable her organs are against an attack that ignores durabilty...

She fought multiple opponents with teleport and flight you say that's great and all, but those people have nothing else in common with Rias so it's not a reason to say Samus has no trouble fighting Rias and her flight.

And for the last time stop putting examples of her battles with people that are above 7-A, none of those count.

And no Samus has nothing against matter desintegration except to dodge, but again Aoe is on Rias's side, cause Samus only has bombs with good Aoe, but she can't use bombs effectively against a flying adversarie.

She can rapid fire with unlimited ammo; she can also freeze each and every projectile Rias can throw at her; her attacks literally phases through and freezes all targets and projectiles in line. It even freezes plasma lasers and intangible beings.

Actually, I'd argue she has tanked multiple attacks that vaporize matter, or even atomize matter in the Prime games. The 960 G's I mentioned above would normally disintegrate all sorts of Earthly elements, and Samus was raised on that same level of gravity her entire life.

Actually, Ing's are among the most haxed enemies in video games; not only can they fly and teleport, they can even teleport their own projectiles to places you'd least expect, and Samus was able to dodge those. Also, Pre Recognition is the ability to predict Rias's every move before she makes it; so Samus should know exactly where Rias is about to fly or where she's going to attack. All she has to do is aim where she anticipates and freeze Rias's attacks.

Her feats against Ing are irrelevant as we use only her 7-A form and that knowledge since she didn't fight ING in her 7-A, but 5-B form and she obviously first achieved her 7-A form.

Vaporisation is not comparable and no assuming things Ty.

Precognition is never constant also she would be costrected to use only those attacks and she can't freeze every attack in particular things like lighting attacks as they are just normal beams.

I highly doubt that 960G could literally desintigrate rather than just destroy it plus that's just gravity and has nothing to do with demonic energy used by Rias.

Her feats against the Ing are definitly relevant, it's still Samus, the only difference is her kit, everything else is the same especially since she fought the Ing early in her life (early 20s opposed to current after of 34) and the Samus key being used is actually after that so she does gave experience and skill there.

First off, Samus has quite literally tanked getting her atoms ripped apart before and walked it off.

Samus has fought people with AOE, other hunters come to mind or Dark Samus.

Samus has massive AOE, hell of a lot more than Rias and she can easily spam the ever loving shit out of all her attacks.

Samus can freeze lava, plasma, stars, a massive amount of organic tissue and matter, etc, ice beam can basically freeze whatever it wants barring some NFL that shouldn't be an issue in this fight.

No one ever said it wouldn't be an issue i just said how Rias deal with it.

And show me this massive AOE in her 7-A form.

Even if that is true it still doesn't change the fact she used a 5-B form that has different things than her 7-A so she can't use those.

It still scales to her memories/tactical abilities, so it's not entirely irrelevant.

You just said disintegrate, which is a synonym for vaporization. And I also mentioned certain weapons being portrayed as atomizing enemies, and Samus still tanked those same attacks. It's consistent in Metroid that her attacks literally reduce enemies to particles.

Samus passed the Ruins Test in just her Zero Suit, once again, she had to fight one of the most haxed bosses in video games. She was able to damage an intangible being who is also capable of attack reflection. So supernatural deities like demons are nothing new to Samus. Additionally, speed is equalized yes, but speed equalization equalizes attack speed as well as movement speed, so Samus could just Shinespark away blasting through walls. Same speed means it won't quite catch her; especially if she runs at least a kilometer, which exceeds Rias's hundreds of meter range. Speaking of which, Samus also has range advantage.

And about the 960 G's, that's over 30 times stronger gravity than the sun; that kinda implies the heat on Zebes might be insane; insane pressure also translates to insane heat. And even the dirt of Zebes would have to be 960 times denser, and have 960^2 times greater durability and heat resistance than that on Earth in order to remain solid. Bottom line, the lore alone strongly implies Samus having naturally insane resistance to various sorts of elements.

And now that i think sbout, Samus has a scripted scene where she tanked her power bombs in her weakest incarnation ignoring zero suit from her Varia Suit no less in Fusion, said power bomb vaporized a large chunk of the room simultaneously.

That last part was so much NLF that i am leaving this discussion. Resist gravity now equals high resistance on all elements.

Never said it equals all elements, but does automatically mean great heat resistance, great resistance to both potential and kinetic energy, great air resistance, great earth resistance, great resistance to insane pressure in general, and she would also have great chi. Speaking of which Aeion is actually a similar concept to Ki manipulation. And she has great resistance to electricity and cold via other feats. She tanked Volt Driver, and Judicator beams in her 7-A form.

I wouldn't call it stretching it; SomeBodyData, Hunter, and I were both in a discussion about it a while back about Aeion being similar to Ki. Hunter in particular kinda compared it to Yu Yu Hakusho stuff. But either way, it is kinda something she absorbs when she defeats an enemy; "Life energy" was what I think Hunter referred it as.

Pretty sure her absorbing energy is actually canon and yeah aeion is implued to be life force, but drop the gravity thing.

Her base form has resistance to gravity, acid, pressure msybe more, anything else is guesswork.

Well, I'm just pointing out the scientific facts, which is actually quite important for the sake of VS debating. But anyway, my apologies, but she does still have various elemental resistances due to other feats as well; even in just her basic suit. I also recall her surviving inside the center of the sun in just her 7-A form; which is only a 8-A feat, but still requires great heat resistance. I'm well aware her 7-A tier does not have certain abilities and weapons such as Power Bombs, or time deceleration.

Now back to main topic, Samus still needs just one more vote to win.

On a sude note, technically she does have power bombs in Power Suit, she gets them in S&J, in that she has ice beam, power bombs, missiles and super missiles, screw attack, speed booster in her basic power suit.

No plasma though, she gets it the exact same panel as Varia.

Anymore derailing this thread, and I'm closing it.

That said, this thread did remind me of several details I forgot about, I'll make a CRT on that later.

...Okay, no need for the big ass message I was planning to post before. Now that I've seen the revision thread for Samus and agree with the things there, as much as I'm reluctant to admit it, Rias gets clowned really hard and bad since Samus has resistance to her stuff.

Now I'm going to go cry somewhere.

What.... I can't leave this places without people starting to get mad?

Also Dark+

Resistance to durability negation is not a thing.

Resistance to durability negation is actually a thing, dura neg can be done through multiple ways, some characters can resist some ways that uts performed.

But now this is actually off topic.

Okay, move to message wells for off topic discussions please.

Anyway, since Burning Full Fingers decided to change his vote for Samus, I think it's grace period time. 7-1 iirc.

And done.

May someone add it?

Also, feel like Samus may or may not be one of the strongest 7As on this site. Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back