• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus Aran vs Rias Gremory

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first girl is always the sexy one C:

In all serioness, I'm going with miss Aran.

+Far better range attacks (Dozens of kilometers using her basic weapons Vs Hundreds of meters, likely higher)

+Far more intelligent, skilled and experienced (Trained by a ancient alien race since she was a child, later in the G.F.P and eventually become famous a bounty hunter Vs a teeneger bouchu with demonic {Breasts} powers).

+Energy projectiles with multiple effects (Ice, spazer {minus AoE}, phasing and waving).

Samus with 9/10 diff.

Samus has a significant advantage in range and intelligence. She also has a questionable tier advantage; at least 7-A vs possibly 7-A. On top of that, her pre-recognition, resistance to great mind hax, Ice Beam/Wave Beam combination hax, resistance to durability negation, and many other useful abilities give her with win quite easily. I vote for Samus as usual.

What weaponary does Samus have? If it's just her tier 7 that excludes stuff like Prime weapons such as Black Hole and the like.

K just making sure, I believe Samus wins but I just wanted to note in case people decide to give Samus a vote under the impression she has those.

Yeah, that's only 5 votes unless he at least says "for reasons above" or something.

Hmm, didn't know Rias had a match. Okay, not saying Samus can't or wouldn't win or anything but I can't help but think you guys are underestimating Rias a little bit. Seriously, nobody even bothered bringing up possible advantages for her or anything before saying things like Samus taking this with 9/10 difficulty or absurd ease. Rias isn't going to sit there and do nothing. Not that I'm criticizing or anything, since you might not have sufficient knowledge of her, but still. Well, I guess I'm just going to mention some things. If Samus can really slow down time in this version, I'd probably vote for her but forcefields don't matter because of Penetrate.

Samus' new ability phase drift decelerates time for everything but her.

Her barriers are more like if ya touch her you get electrocuted.

Samus also has Wave+Plasma or Wave+Ice that bypasses durability to a rather large extent with the latter freezing solid from the inside out.

And powerbombs, which can literally vaporize foes on her tier (like Diggernaught).

Samus has resistance to just about every hax category Rias has; especially the elemental ones and mind haxes.

Hmm? I don't understand what you guys are saying. The Samus you're talking about is the 5-B version (standard arsenal or something). Her basic legendary power suit (7-A which is being used) doesn't have Phase Drift or the resistances you're mentioning.

She doesn't have gravity suit, it's pretty much gravity immunity with that suit though. But even Zero Suit Samus has strong gravity manipulation due to the fact that she was raised on a 960 G environment. And yeah, Chozo DNA also gives her resistance to mind hax, but it's also important to not she was trained by the Chozo god of War, and defeated Mother Brain, who has insane mind hax. She literally mind haxed an entire planet, let alone the same planet that has 960 G's.

I am pretty sure that Rias does not use mind control in a daily so Samus being resistant is moot. Still siding for Samus.

Also, even 7-A Samus had Ice Beam in Samus Returns, which would mean she should still have quite good cold resistance given Newton's third law.

• scratches head
Can someone explain to me the abilities and resistances Samus has for her basic suit? I'm not seeing these things in that key.

@Newendigo

Yeah, Rias (and other Devils) mostly don't use mind hax, so it can't be a legitimate argument in any case.

I think I will go for Rias as she has flight advantage and versitalty on her side plus an attack that desintigrates matter and she can bypass barriers and shields, well defences in general. Energy absorption and barriers are also pretty good and same goes for illusions.

I've been using all abilities except ones featured in Prime, because honestly, despite playing every Metroid that actually matters, even im not sure on what key has what.

If it matters she has time slow, wave, ice and plasma in her varia suit so that at least should stay.

Basic suit doesn't have plasma beam, but she does still get Wave Beam and Ice Beam among other things. She's still immune to Mother Brain's mind control, has the resistance in all categories to withstand a 960 G environment. Electric barrier she still has; she gets hit by attacks that bypass barriers, armors and shields, she has resistance to durability negation. Her suit is not actually a suit, but biological shell that also scales the durability of her vital organs durability too her outside armor. @SomebodyData is probably the best person to ask regarding Samus's abilities.

@William Samus can jump several hundred meters into the air bare minimum, versatility is highly arguable and Samus also has attacks that will ohko Rias if she's hit at all.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Also, even 7-A Samus had Ice Beam in Samus Returns, which would mean she should still have quite good cold resistance given Newton's third law.
Are we sure Newton's third law applies in fiction?

Illusions are kinda useless when you have a girl who can scan visors that can track her opponents whether if they are below or above her.

Jumping means she no longer has mobility that allows Rias to easily overpower her and since Rias can just ignore any defence like barriers, shields, armor she can just hit her directly.

Plus Rias has an attack that can literally disintegrate matter and don't see why she wouldn't be able to disintegrate even the armor if necessary.

Rias has a decent Aoe with her attacks while Samus is limited on projectiles most of the time and in flight on several hundreds of meters of distance dodging a projectile is super easy with equalised speed. She could simply use barriers to block them, you chose.

Incorrect, Samus has jetboosters to control herself in the air.

Her barriers can't block wave beam combos, itd go right through them and instakill her.

Samus has AOE wuth powerbombs, she has had them in varia before.

And finally Samus gas a massive range advantage, she could just kite which is something she tends to do.

Will+ Since when penetrate can bypass armor, it doe not just bypass barries? Even then Samus has plasma and wave beam (With the plus of spazer, ice and charged beam) so the point is moot.

That could be good if she does not die first, due to all her internal organs freezed by Samus, her opponent just need to land a single hit on her and Rias is already done.

Samus has the range advantage and facing flying opponents are nothing new to her.

Okay, I'm just going to assume Samus has access to the abilities in her 7-A key and nothing more like time slow, since I'm pretty confused. I did see Somebody adding time slow to Samus' 7-A key, but he later removed it and placed it in her 5-B key instead.

Far better range attacks (Dozens of kilometers using her basic weapons Vs Hundreds of meters, likely higher)

Assuming Samus wants to spam from distance all day or mostly keep away, what stops Rias from:

• Teleporting to Samus' location if she wants to play hard to get.
  • Disintegrating all of her ranged attacks before they even reach her, which would actually be quite easy since they're coming from quite a sizable amount of distance and she and others have disintegrated attacks from a much closer range.
  • Projecting her demonic power around her body to disintegrate attacks that reach her.
  • Flying into the air and dodging everything.
  • Teleporting away from her attacks.
  • Inconspicuously sending her wyverns or teleporting them to Samus' location and have them bombard her, keep her busy while she closes the distance or using Penetrate.
  • Creating illusions for distractions.
  • Opening one or several magic circles around Samus and teleporting her to a random location or the Underworld.
Also, Rias' range is likely several kilometers at this point...

Far more intelligent, skilled and experienced (Trained by a ancient alien race since she was a child, later in the G.F.P and eventually become famous a bounty hunter Vs a teeneger bouchu with demonic {Breasts} powers).

What I'm seeing in Samus' page is that she's a master of several kinds of combat, technology and all that. So, how does that necessarily make her far smarter than Rias? People like Sairaorg, Vali and Rossweisse are geniuses in the areas of combat they specialize in, but it doesn't make them any smarter than Rias or Sona, for example. Rias has developed strategies and quick thinking that have helped even or balance out the playing ground against blatantly superior, skilled and much more experienced foes. They have also saved the lives of her team and other guys, including against people that counter their abilities hard, regardless of the amount of pressure involved.

It's true that Samus is more skilled and experienced, but this is what Rias has been facing since her first major test against Riser, and she has gone up against legendary characters in her verse. She mostly can't take them alone due to the absurd difference in power, but this is where her intelligence, leadership and analytical thinking come into play. Does experience matter though? The protagonists in DxD are 99% of the time at an experience disadvantage ranging from decades to several thousands of years at the least.

Rias might have breast powers, but she never uses it for anything other than recharging Issei, so I don't see how it matters. Except I'm missing something here?

Energy projectiles with multiple effects (Ice, spazer {minus AoE}, phasing and waving).

All her projectiles and weapons get disintegrated.

At least 7-A vs possibly 7-A

Boost takes care of this. The "Possibly" is just conservative stuff anyway.

her pre-recognitio

Okay, this should be good in close combat, but Rias doesn't fight in melee most times. And from what I've heard it's minor.

Ice Beam/Wave Beam combination hax

I've already provided some possible reasons as to how Rias can handle Samus' ranged attacks, but assuming she does none of those, she can use fire to stop the ice from being as effective as it should be, and then shattering and regenerating the affected part of her armor. For Wave Beam, it's fine if it bypasses her armor. Issei took hits from Rizevim directly to his body and his base is pathetic compared to the other members of his team. For the Ice + Wave Beam combination, Rias can do the other things I mentioned.

resistance to durability Negation

Hmm, this shouldn't be a thing...

And powerbombs, which can literally vaporize beings on her tier

Rias has done the same to stronger characters. Grendel only had half of his head left because of his massive size.

Jet booster allow her to somewhat control herself in air, but her mobility is rather limited in confront to someone with natural flight in any case.

Range advantage means she will find a way to get on range, but that is highly doubtful considering Rias can fly and in air with jet boosters Samus ain't running away from Rias at all.

Honestly getting range against someone who can fly is rather impossible unless you have some thing in specific that allows you to do so. Also Rias does have teleportation circles so even if she Sam gets range it's not a problem.

Again nothing stops Rias from disintegrating her armor or her jet boosters making her fall and while she is falling easily destroy her as she can't do a lot to defend.

Yes,she has Aoe with power bombs, but that's kinda it.

Samus can't block some attacks done by Rias as well as they bypass any defence and disintegration attack she is kinda forced to dodge, but she won't really know the effect of that attack.

Honestly flight advantage is quite of a big deal, even if Samus can gain some flight mobility with jet booster she is anyway outclassed in confront to someone with true flight and for so would lose if they fought in air.

On the ground again she doesn't have the range with bombs while her projectiles are super easy to dodge in particular on certain distances while Rias's Aoe advantage makes it harder to dodge for Samus particularly on the ground.

Honestly I see it this way.

Air battle: Rias wins 7/10 simply cause having a greater mobility gives her quite of advantage.

Air vs ground (assuming Samus stays in the ground) Rias wins 5.5/10 as her Aoe makes it harder for Samus to dodge Rias's attacks while Rias has bigger possibilty to dodge projectiles.

They both have attacks that can bypass defence apparently, but Rias also has an attack that can desintigrates matter which would totally help against someone who depends on their armor and its equipment like jet booster for flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back